+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ANALYZE THE DEMOCRAT PROMISE.........

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

ANALYZE THE DEMOCRAT PROMISE.........

ANALYZE THE PROMISE.........

The Democrats new promise "A New Direction For America - Vote Democratic

The stock market is at a new all-time high and America's 401K's are back.

A new direction from there means what?

Unemployment is at 25 year low.

Oil prices are declining after the Mid-east war and Hurricane season gone by

Taxes are at 20 year low.

Federal tax revenues are at all-time high.

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year.

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years.

Inflation is in check, hovering at 20 year lows.

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01.

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced in years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Queda's top dogs are either dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel.

Several major terrorist attacks already thwarted by US and British Intel, including the recent planned attack involving 10 Jumbo Jets being exploded in mid-air over major US cities in order to celebrate the anniversary of the 9/11/01 attacks.

Just as President Bush foretold us of on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as President Bush said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are arriving from the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading to the United States to wage war on us here. A new direction from there means what?

Moreover, bear in mind that all of the above occurred in the face of the 1999 tech crash, the epidemic of corporate scandals throughout the
    90's, and the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks on NYC years in the planning, which collectively sucked billions of dollars and millions of jobs out of the US economy even before G. W. Bush had time to unpack his suitcases in the White House. It's easy to attempt to discredit, disgrace and defame our commander in chief, George W. Bush; what's not so easy to do is to refute irrefutable facts, no matter how they might try.

Do yourself and this country of ours a favor and don't be a mindless sheep, bent on hate and blame-shifting simply in the name of hate and blame-shifting. Don't be part of the blame America first crowd. Take heed of reality, use your head and do cast your vote wisely in the upcoming elections. The stakes are far too high today, as America's very future, and yes, even its very survival is now at stake! Yes, I said even our very survival is at stake

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: ANALYZE THE DEMOCRAT PROMISE.........

Liberals will never admit that a conservative ever did anything good.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

thousands of US citizens killed in Iraq

thousands remain homeless in the south as the government spends more money on killing iraqis than helping americans displaced by hurricanes katrina/rita

Rejection of science and reverting to fundamentalist religious state

the constitiution being continually rewritten to remove freedom

Besides, the housing market is about to burst anyways, and while taxes are low, spending is out of control. Also, I want to see proof that unemployment is at a 25 year low, as I read an article today that said its only at a 5 year low.

As for the not a single terrorist attack... There hadnt been a foreign terrorist attack on US soil in over 50 years before 9/11. You think preventing one for just 5 years is a success? And that still doesnt change the fact that "Foreign terrorist attacks in the last 50 years under a democratic president -0, under a republican- 1"

I guess I owe the Republican congress for my fortune in not stepping in any dog crap in the last 3 years as well?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    As for the not a single terrorist attack... There hadnt been a foreign terrorist attack on US soil in over 50 years before 9/11.

1993 Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    1993 Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.
    Wow! Imagine that?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

As for the not a single terrorist attack... There hadnt been a foreign terrorist attack on US soil in over 50 years before 9/11. You think preventing one for just 5 years is a success? And that still doesnt change the fact that "Foreign terrorist attacks in the last 50 years under a democratic president -0, under a republican- 1"
    Come on now DB, I could say your gripes were understandable before this one. You know as well as I do, that Clinton had many chances to take down Osama and failed to seal the deal. Al Quada had been working on 9/11 for many years, mostly with Clinton in office. It wasnt like they woke up when Bush got elected and decided to fly the planes into the WTC. It was a long time coming, no Republican nor Democrat had done much to stop it before 9/11.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Come on now DB, I could say your gripes were understandable before this one. You know as well as I do, that Clinton had many chances to take down Osama and failed to seal the deal. Al Quada had been working on 9/11 for many years, mostly with Clinton in office. It wasnt like they woke up when Bush got elected and decided to fly the planes into the WTC. It was a long time coming, no Republican nor Democrat had done much to stop it before 9/11.
    Come on Huss, you know that GWB was asleep at the switch for the first 9 months in Office. If anyone could have prevented 9/11, it was him. Heck, one month before the attack on the WTC he was given a memo stating terrorist were planning an attack on the USA.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Did you know Saddam Hussein was given a key to the city of Detroit?

Hindisght is 20/20. Bush never even looked at the documents given to him that suggested a terrorist attack was a real possibility.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Come on Huss, you know that GWB was asleep at the switch for the first 9 months in Office. If anyone could have prevented 9/11, it was him. Heck, one month before the attack on the WTC he was given a memo stating terrorist were planning an attack on the USA.
    A memo stating a terrorist attack was being planned? Wow. You know how many threats we receive every single day? I do, and it's more than you could possibly imagine. There are hundreds of threats each and every week against our country -- we do the best we can to prevent the ones deemed credible, and have to this point done a good job. But having a memo saying that someone is going to attack "the US" is like saying "I'll be the guy in the purple shirt at the LSU game." It's completely useless. And in case you wonder where I get my information, take a look at this week's (6 November) US News and World Report. There's a nice article on page 48 you should read about a place Bush had established to protect our country against the threat of terrorism -- I'm the guy standing in the back of the room in the photo.

To say that Bush was more a fault than Clinton is ridiculous. Bin Laden was well-known by his administration; he had chances to get UBL on a couple of different occasions, but either failed or refused to do so. You can blame Bush all you want for the Iraq war -- that was his baby. But 9/11? Come on.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Bush never even looked at the documents given to him that suggested a terrorist attack was a real possibility.

Really? Do you really believe that or are you just making crap up as you go along? Once again you two or three conspiracy theorists come on here and claim that Bush received some mythical document stating that "a terrorist attack is going to happen" and he wiped his ass with it. You think the president sits around reading intelligence reports and decides which ones to act upon? He only knows what his advisors tell him and I can promise you that he is well-informed about matters involving terrorism. But, again, "an attack is going to happen in the US" dosn't exactly give you a lot to work with. What, should he have gone door to door throughout the entire US asking "are you the terrorist planning some attack somewhere in the US?" In order to do ANYTHING to prevent a terrorist attack, you need a hell of a lot more information than that.

You guys bitch about the NSA domestic surveillance program and the interrogation techniques used against terror suspects, but then come on here and complain that Bush didn't do enough. Which one is it? I mean, the president has done everything possible to prevent anything like 9/11 from ever happening again, but you libs bitch and complain that he's violating the civil rights of terrorists or terrorist facilitators. Let me ask you this: you think a terrorist would give a shit about your civil rights if he had you in his sights or kneeling in front of him with a sword in his hands? You ever seen what an IED does to a human body or smelled a burning corpse in the aftermath of an attack? Imagine someone close to you leaving one day for work and it's the last time you ever see them because some radical driving a truck full of explosives slams into his or her place of work. You can't even give them an open casket funeral or look at them again because all the recovery crews could find was a torso, a foot, and the lower part of their head. I ask you: would you give a shit if someone was listening to their domestic phone calls or dunking someone in water if it could have prevented the attack and you still had your loved one? I imagine you wouldn't.

Personally, I applaud the man. He eats a huge shit sandwich everyday because of the left-wing media and could easily end most of it by releasing factual information to set the record straight. But he doesn't; he stays quiet and doesn't defend his own ass. Why? Because releasing information that could exhonorate himself would also put American lives at risk. 3/4 of the stuff you read or watch regarding Iraq is fictitious, and about the same can be said for most other reporting on terrorist-related matters. People conjure stuff up in their heads and report it on TV to further an agenda against the president and his political party. Don't believe everything you read or see from the media.

You can fault Bush for a lot of things. At the same time, Americans should be thanking their lucky stars that he was the president in 2001. He was put in a position unlike any president in our history -- there was no precedent or blueprint for what he has had to do. He's done everything within his power to protect you and the other 300+ million people of this country and all he's gotten for it is constant critisism.

I'm not saying people need to love the president or that he's infallible because he's not. But when it comes to terrorism, people need to lay off because they have no idea what they're talking about.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    ANALYZE THE PROMISE.........

The Democrats new promise "A New Direction For America - Vote Democratic

The stock market is at a new all-time high and America's 401K's are back.

Unemployment is at 25 year low.

Oil prices are declining after the Mid-east war and Hurricane season gone by

Taxes are at 20 year low.

Federal tax revenues are at all-time high.

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year.

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years.

Inflation is in check, hovering at 20 year lows.

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01.

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced in years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Queda's top dogs are either dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel.

Several major terrorist attacks already thwarted by US and British Intel, including the recent planned attack involving 10 Jumbo Jets being exploded in mid-air over major US cities in order to celebrate the anniversary of the 9/11/01 attacks.

Just as President Bush foretold us of on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as President Bush said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are arriving from the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading to the United States to wage war on us here. A new direction from there means what?

Moreover, bear in mind that all of the above occurred in the face of the 1999 tech crash, the epidemic of corporate scandals throughout the
    90's, and the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks on NYC years in the planning, which collectively sucked billions of dollars and millions of jobs out of the US economy even before G. W. Bush had time to unpack his suitcases in the White House. It's easy to attempt to discredit, disgrace and defame our commander in chief, George W. Bush; what's not so easy to do is to refute irrefutable facts, no matter how they might try.

Do yourself and this country of ours a favor and don't be a mindless sheep, bent on hate and blame-shifting simply in the name of hate and blame-shifting. Don't be part of the blame America first crowd. Take heed of reality, use your head and do cast your vote wisely in the upcoming elections. The stakes are far too high today, as America's very future, and yes, even its very survival is now at stake! Yes, I said even our very survival is at stake
    I realize that you have hit on this topic many times, Tyler......

And I honestly believe that you honestly believe the "republican party line" that the American economy has been galloping along at a more than wonderful pace ever since little george moved into the oval office.

We could debate this question ad nauseum and you would still believe what you believe and I would continue to disagree with you. So what? It may be several years before either of us is proven right or wrong or "none of the above".

But in the interim...... One undeniable fact remains omnipresent as the REALITY of our new 21st century little george/republican economy attempts to either march or struggle forward.

And the REALITY I refer to is the fact that America has become a DEBTOR NATION!

America's national bebt has now soared to well over 8 TRILLION AMERICAN/TAXPAYER DOLLARS.
    little george has never even come close to a "balanced federal budget"...... Just as big "read my lips" george never did for 4 other republican years, and ronnie never did for another 8 long republican years before him.
    It may somehow give you some modicum of economic solace that little george and his republican party did not overspend your future or the future of your children and grandchildren quite as badly this year as he has so recklessly done in each of his prior years...... But the bottom economic line of the current republican rule still adds up to more current and future American taxpayer debt...... No matter how anyone tries to slice America's sad and current economic pie.

And then there are those VERY REAL and now monstrous trade deficits that have balloned out of all reasoned proportion over the last 6 years......

And the literal and more than sighnificant number of American jobs and corporate tax dollars that now flood so easily into foreign lands and continue to sap what use to be an implied understanding of an America-First economic principle.

But assume for an optimistic republican moment that all of the above might somehow become close to managable at some federal level in future republican or democratic decades......

There still remain all those current and personal economic facts that now besiege such a very large number of middle-class Americans...... With nary a wisp of any republican economic relief in sight.

Credit card debt is at a more than staggering American middle-class high.
    Personal savings are at a near impoverished record American middle-class low.
    The average middle-class worker now pockets $3,000 less per year in real buying power that he did in 2000.
    The cost for medical care and prescription drugs have risen dramatically over the last 6 years for the lucky middle-class Americans who still have health insurance
    AND...... The UNREGULATED IN ANY WAY "housing boom" has now gone bust with millions of middle-class Americans currently or relatively soon facing over 3 TRILLION DOLLARS in personal debt via ARM and interest only and 100% plus loans, that only the likes of Barnum could have imagined before any hanging chad election became an American reality.

Bottom line......
    America has indeed become a DEBTOR NATION in every federal, international and personal way possible.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Oh come on Salty, gimme a break. Your boy Bill had 8 years to take care of the threat and didn't do anything. Sure he lobbed a cruise missile or 2 at an aspirin plant in Iraq in the middle of the night and I know every terrorist really got scared over that one. Clinton left a hell of a mess for Bush but none of you guys will ever admit it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02 View Post
    Oh come on Salty, gimme a break. Your boy Bill had 8 years to take care of the threat and didn't do anything. Sure he lobbed a cruise missile or 2 at an aspirin plant in Iraq in the middle of the night and I know every terrorist really got scared over that one. Clinton left a hell of a mess for Bush but none of you guys will ever admit it.
    Yes, everyone knows that Clinton is at fault for everything that our Republican President, House, and Senate have done since they have been in office all these years. I am sure there are some more things that the Republicans can find to blame on him.

Clinton, probably, told Bush that Iraq was hiding some WMD's. He, most likely, is hiding Bin Ladin in his basement, and he personally is invested in the oil business. What else can you Republicans think of to lay at his feet? Never mind.......... I am sure that the next Republican mistake will take care of that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On the issue of Federal spending, ALL of you need to take a hard look at the Federal budget. You can buy a copy. I bought a copy back in 1996 and get updates in the mail. I guess there's a Federal agency that tracks who might be interested in the budget and keeps us updated. Repubs or Demos, it makes NO difference whatsoever.

Need an example? Try this. A college professor got a grant of $300,000 to study the effects of spring break partying on students. Yep, your tax dollars at work! This prof spent a month in Cancun, paying himself a stipend, while enjoying a drunken stupor on you and me. Until such waste is completely eliminated, you political junkies are arguing over pennies, while dollars are being thrown away.

However, the Repubs do lead 1-0 in this category. It was the Gingrich-led congress that did away with the Tea Tasting Agency in 1995. Yes, 8 people were paid an average of $80K a year to be the official tea-tasters for the U.S. government. It was a department that hung around since the inception of the nation. Something to do with our original English roots.

Unfortunately, all that money "saved" with the elimination of that useless agency was swallowed up by other useless agencies.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    On the issue of Federal spending, ALL of you need to take a hard look at the Federal budget. You can buy a copy. I bought a copy back in 1996 and get updates in the mail. I guess there's a Federal agency that tracks who might be interested in the budget and keeps us updated. Repubs or Demos, it makes NO difference whatsoever.

Need an example? Try this. A college professor got a grant of $300,000 to study the effects of spring break partying on students. Yep, your tax dollars at work! This prof spent a month in Cancun, paying himself a stipend, while enjoying a drunken stupor on you and me. Until such waste is completely eliminated, you political junkies are arguing over pennies, while dollars are being thrown away.

However, the Repubs do lead 1-0 in this category. It was the Gingrich-led congress that did away with the Tea Tasting Agency in 1995. Yes, 8 people were paid an average of $80K a year to be the official tea-tasters for the U.S. government. It was a department that hung around since the inception of the nation. Something to do with our original English roots.

Unfortunately, all that money "saved" with the elimination of that useless agency was swallowed up by other useless agencies.
    This is something that I think we could all agree on. Good post.

+ Reply to Thread