+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANALYZE THE DEMOCRAT PROMISE.........

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: ANALYZE THE DEMOCRAT PROMISE.........

I have nothing more to say on this particular topic. This is going to go on forever if someone doesn't end it. You guys hate Bush and believe the entire war in Iraq is wrong. OK. That's your right; that's one thing that actually is provided for under the constitution.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Clinton's plan in Bosnia? And what was that? Sit back for 3 years and watch them kill one another, while UNPROFOR was completely inept and unable to prevent the atrocities that were ongoing? I worked Bosnia for the duration of the war as a Serbo-Croatian linguist, so I'm well-aware of this subject, too. Clinton sat back and did NOTHING other than send Albright, Holbrook, and Clark to Geneva, Paris, Belgrade, and the Hague on NUMEROUS occasions with no result. Then, when the Serbs overran Srebrenica, we sat back and let hundreds, possibly thousands, of Bosniac boys and men get slaughtered. Yeah, nice plan. He only stepped in about 2 1/2 years too late.
    Understandably...... I have no way of KNOWING AS FACT that you have any particular expertise regarding Bosnia and all the related environs of that sad commentary of man's so recent inhumanity to his fellow man.

But I have no difficulty in taking you at your word and assuming that you possess much more than a relative knowledge of what should never have happened there.

My memory of this sad chapter in our modern book of atrocity behavior is limited. But I do still retain more than a few passing memories of matters like Ike and Hungary in 1956, papa george and the Kurds after the first Iraq War, and Clinton regarding Bosnia.

Please correct me if my memory is error!

As death became both commomplace and obscene in and around Bosnia/Herzegovina......
    America's republican congress became obsessed with impeaching Clinton and neglected to pay even the slightest official attention to so much as one bullet that was murdering innocent inhabitants of this foreign and so far away land, with nary a drop of oil in its difficult terrain.

Even the slightest breath of ANY timely Clinton inspired intervention, at the time, was immediately cast in the darkest WAVE THE DOG TAIL SHADOWS of republican political machinations.

As Clinton struggled to survive Monica and Hillary and a Chief Supreme Court Justice robed like some ridiculous imitation of Herman Goring...... Slick Willie eventually waved his belated American intervention directly into the jaws of Eastern European genocide and reaped no end of howls from a republican congress that repeatedly SCREAMED that Clinton had involved America in a needless foreignwar with NO POSSIBLE/REALISTIC EXIT STRATEGY.

And next came little george and karl rove who evinvced no shame whatever about cradling any warped political opportunity...... Even if premised in a more than obvious lie.

And little george went on his presidential "stump" and categorically began degrading Clinton's/Gore's intanglement of America's military in a NO EXIT STRATEGY effort In Bosnia...... While PROMISING time and again that if he were president...... little george would NEVER NEVER EVER involve America in ANY future war without A CLEAR AND OBVIOUS EXIT STRATEGY.

"Sit back for three years and watch them kill one another"...... Opines Mildawg v. Clinton, as a resident Bosnian expert on this backwater board.

SIT BACK AND WATCH THEM KILL EACH OTHER...... And no future American war WITHOUT A CLEAR AND OBVIOUS EXIT STRATEGY......

Sound familiar......?

Unfortunately NO!

Unless one is somehow conveniently able to forget that more than 2,500 dead Americans soldiers, and approximately 20,000 wounded American soldiers, and perhaps hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians...... Now make Clinton look like he was only walking a dawg without a tail away from Crawford, Texas......
    Before big dick could shoot it and swear he was only aiming at some wild liberal bird.

BTW......
    Am I the only American fellow west of Israel to notice that America's and Clinton's efforts in the Balkans......
    Came to the more than obvious aid, and provided a timely rescue for countless numbers of Muslims......
    While Osama continued, without pause or codsideration, to plot future American death?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I seem to remember that the Republicans were against Clinton's plan on Bosnia, which was well thought-out and executed.

Hmmmm.....no wonder why.
    And I believe we still have American troops there as well.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Clinton's plan in Bosnia? And what was that? Sit back for 3 years and watch them kill one another, while UNPROFOR was completely inept and unable to prevent the atrocities that were ongoing? I worked Bosnia for the duration of the war as a Serbo-Croatian linguist, so I'm well-aware of this subject, too. Clinton sat back and did NOTHING other than send Albright, Holbrook, and Clark to Geneva, Paris, Belgrade, and the Hague on NUMEROUS occasions with no result. Then, when the Serbs overran Srebrenica, we sat back and let hundreds, possibly thousands, of Bosniac boys and men get slaughtered. Yeah, nice plan. He only stepped in about 2 1/2 years too late.

Thanks for posting that info.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

I have nothing more to say on this particular topic. This is going to go on forever if someone doesn't end it. You guys hate Bush and believe the entire war in Iraq is wrong. OK. That's your right; that's one thing that actually is provided for under the constitution.
    The fact that you actually acknowledge disagreement as a right, and not as treason (not naming names here), puts you in the camp of people whose posts I'll be reading and taking seriously. Plus youre providing valuable insights into these discussions.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And I believe we still have American troops there as well.
    Well, we still have American troops in S Korea. The question is how many troops in Bosnia and what is their mission. Remember, its a NATO operation and as a member of NATO we particpate in their operations.

Too bad our invasion of Iraq was not a NATO operation.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Just a thought, It seems the left claims to be for the downtrodden. They support the little guy, the oppressed. Everywhere except Iraq. With all that Saddam did to his own people, gassing the Kurds (no WMD's there), the torture chambers, the raping of women and killing of children, isn't that enough reason to take him out? All of the sudden that doesn't seem to matter and we are the bad guys. I realize we can't go in and fix all the problems in the world but we did try diplomacy with Saddam. He threw the inspectors out over and over, thumbed his nose at the UN. We had resolution after resolution saying we would use force if he continued. Then when we actually did what the resolution said we would do, we are in the wrong? I just don't get that. It reminds me of a parent that tells a child that they are going to be in trouble unless they stop doing what they are doing but the child does not stop and the parent only threatens punishment. A good friend of mine once said "It doesn't do any good to carry a big stick if you don't beat the $%^& out of some dogs every once in a while." We had to show the world and the terrorist that when we say we are going to use force we mean it. We are not going to run scared like we did in Somalia. Now they are testing our will in Iraq and if they break our will they will be emboldened and terrorism will increase. That is just the way of the world. We can try to pretend that being nice to the terrorist will make them like us but it will not happen. Right now they believe that we have might but that we are cowards and cannot stomach a fight. The left is helping their cause by doing exactly what they expect us to do, run, back down, and try to negotiate with people that only have one goal...our demise.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Just a thought, It seems the left claims to be for the downtrodden. They support the little guy, the oppressed. Everywhere except Iraq. With all that Saddam did to his own people, gassing the Kurds (no WMD's there), the torture chambers, the raping of women and killing of children, isn't that enough reason to take him out? All of the sudden that doesn't seem to matter and we are the bad guys.
    That argument doesnt work because there are much greater injustices going on in the world. Also, as a country, we cant be expected to police the world. Even if we were the world police, why start in Iraq? No WMDs, no ties to 9/11, barely in the Top 10 of "Countries that need an ass-kicking"... I guess those liberal blog stories about how there was a groundwork for invading Iraq drawn up before 9/11 are all 100% BS, right? Because otherwise, if W was so noble, why arent we somewhere in Africa preventing the deaths of tens of millions of people, rather than tens of thousands? Surely even you can tell which number is bigger.

And you know what? Seeing what a "great" job we did in Iraq, I really hope W's term ends before he does anything with North Korea, who actually *does* have nuclear capability. Let someone who can actually deal in the realm of facts handle it, instead of someone who lives in a black and white world, where youre either with us, or with the terrorists. Because someone who actually accepts reality instead of concealing it, realizes that there are different ways to do things, and that if things arent going your way, you freaking adapt, instead of getting deeper and deepr into a giant mess thats going to take us a decade to pull our troops out of.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    That argument doesnt work because there are much greater injustices going on in the world. Also, as a country, we cant be expected to police the world. Even if we were the world police, why start in Iraq? No WMDs, no ties to 9/11, barely in the Top 10 of "Countries that need an ass-kicking"... I guess those liberal blog stories about how there was a groundwork for invading Iraq drawn up before 9/11 are all 100% BS, right? Because otherwise, if W was so noble, why arent we somewhere in Africa preventing the deaths of tens of millions of people, rather than tens of thousands? Surely even you can tell which number is bigger.

And you know what? Seeing what a "great" job we did in Iraq, I really hope W's term ends before he does anything with North Korea, who actually *does* have nuclear capability. Let someone who can actually deal in the realm of facts handle it, instead of someone who lives in a black and white world, where youre either with us, or with the terrorists. Because someone who actually accepts reality instead of concealing it, realizes that there are different ways to do things, and that if things arent going your way, you freaking adapt, instead of getting deeper and deepr into a giant mess thats going to take us a decade to pull our troops out of.
    I just have to say AMEN to that post.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I have to agree with what you say here. I, personally, never have liked the argument that we needed to go into Iraq because of what Saddam was doing to his people. As you said, there are other tyrants who are equally as bad and some even moreso, yet we haven't done anything to oust them. Personally, and I know you'll disagree with this statement, I've always been of the opinion that the only reason we needed to give for going into Iraq is because we wanted to. Heck, if you look at the world, how many countries invade other countries because they want to? Who cares what other people think. No one likes us anyway. You know why they don't like us? Because they need us. And, because they need us, we don't have to worry about repercussions. It's like a friend of mine who hates his inlaws. However, that doesn't keep him from using them from time to time because he needs what they have to offer. In the scheme of things, who cares what we do as a country to another country. I guarantee you if someone thought they could bring us down, they would try. Heck, they already did, but we fought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Personally, and I know you'll disagree with this statement, I've always been of the opinion that the only reason we needed to give for going into Iraq is because we wanted to.
    I sort of agree with you... I'd still have been pissed, and against the war... just not *as* pissed. Because listening to this administration continuously come up with new justifications for the war is just too similar to a 5 year old coming up with new ways to cover up breaking a window with a baseball.

W: Here's what happened... we were playing babseball in the street, and then an Iraqi kid came up, grabbed it, and threw it through the window!

America: No. No, I dont think so.

W: Ok, how about this... An Iraqi kid was looking through the window and was gonna steal somethin, so I threw the ball at him, but at the last minute, he ducked away...

America: Hmmm... No.

W: Alright, time for the truth... It was the Korean across the street. I was just sittin here readin, and I saw him do it.

My point is that, if he would just admit he broke the window in the first place, it would have made the whole process easier. Because the windows already broken. But if you spend all your time making excuses for breaking it, youre not actually getting the window replaced.

So if he had just been like "Yeah, I'm gonna invade Iraq because I want to. So what?" he'd have his 90 days before Congress can overturn it, and by then, its too late, and we just have to focus on doing the best job. Instead, we had to spend all this time with propoganda press conferences, congressional reports, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Too bad our invasion of Iraq was not a NATO operation.
    We tried but all others countries were wimps and only conserned about themselves.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I sort of agree with you... I'd still have been pissed, and against the war... just not *as* pissed. Because listening to this administration continuously come up with new justifications for the war is just too similar to a 5 year old coming up with new ways to cover up breaking a window with a baseball.

W: Here's what happened... we were playing babseball in the street, and then an Iraqi kid came up, grabbed it, and threw it through the window!

America: No. No, I dont think so.

W: Ok, how about this... An Iraqi kid was looking through the window and was gonna steal somethin, so I threw the ball at him, but at the last minute, he ducked away...

America: Hmmm... No.

W: Alright, time for the truth... It was the Korean across the street. I was just sittin here readin, and I saw him do it.

My point is that, if he would just admit he broke the window in the first place, it would have made the whole process easier. Because the windows already broken. But if you spend all your time making excuses for breaking it, youre not actually getting the window replaced.

So if he had just been like "Yeah, I'm gonna invade Iraq because I want to. So what?" he'd have his 90 days before Congress can overturn it, and by then, its too late, and we just have to focus on doing the best job. Instead, we had to spend all this time with propoganda press conferences, congressional reports, etc...
    Daybreaker,
    I am feeling like I don't even need to post anymore. You are doing a great job of making the points that I used to have to make by myself.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Sorry to hear that......I was honestly quite interested in reading your reply.

But just as I respect your right to free speech...... I also respect your right not speak whenever you like.

Anyway...... You have given me an idea to use elsewhere. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Daybreaker,
    I am feeling like I don't even need to post anymore. You are doing a great job of making the points that I used to have to make by myself.
    Maybe I'll cut back then, because I always like reading your posts. :-P

+ Reply to Thread