+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ANALYZE THE DEMOCRAT PROMISE.........

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Re: ANALYZE THE DEMOCRAT PROMISE.........

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Salty, you bet your sweet ass I voted. I actually voted for a democrat mayor, but hey we all know that in A-town, there isnt much difference between a Dem and Rep.
    I'll see your mayor with one republican sheriff......
    And raise you one republican county clerk, one republican judge and one republican state representitive...... All of whom I sincerely feel WILL make a "difference" for the betterment of my local community.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a typical DEM/LIB promise of reaching across the aisle in the spirit of coorperation and what's best for America during war times.
    Is this guy part rat? Just wondering.

Waxman will probe areas of Bush government

'The most difficult thing will be to pick and choose'

Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., who will lead the Government Reform Committee when the Democrats take control of in January, will decide whether to investigate certain aspects of the Bush administration.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15657198/

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Here's a typical DEM/LIB promise of reaching across the aisle in the spirit of coorperation and what's best for America during war times.

Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., who will lead the Government Reform Committee when the Democrats take control of in January, will decide whether to investigate certain aspects of the Bush administration.

Sounds just like the 90's again to me. The question will be if the Democrats would stoop to the depths of trying to find a blue dress with sperm on it. You really didn't think that was going to go by without the Dems just lying down, did you? Of course, they are going to do something. I just hope they do it with more class and only bring up issues that are truly a danger to our country.

If it makes you feel any better, Nancy P. (the enemy of all you Repubs) has stated that she does not favor any investigations that will take up valuable time to accomplish needed tasks. She has extended her hand and Bush has extended his. I hope this might be the beginning of bringing our country back together. If some of us can get past our dislike for certain Republicans that stand for everything we hate and if some of you can get past your dislike for Dems that stand for everything you hate, we MIGHT have a chance.

I hope we can argue for issues that we care about and not the nasty untrue character assasinations. If someone breaks the law, they should be held accountable, but we we just don't like their politics, we should hear them out.

The first step is to try not to listen to those conservative Christian political shows and the extremely liberal shows, as well. That would help us to not be brainwashed.

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

Nervous?
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    if the Democrats would stoop to the depths of trying to find a blue dress with sperm on it.

I just hope they do it with more class and only bring up issues that are truly a danger to our country.

I hope we can argue for issues that we care about and not the nasty untrue character assasinations. If someone breaks the law, they should be held accountable,

Now as far as "truly a danger to our country", that is a Slick Willy ignoring terrorist attacks for 8 years while chasing that blue dress and a potential 2006 cut and run DEM/LIB led congress and senate.

Now, speaking of classless, there will be no sperm on a blue dress found by Waxman. That was Willy's doing. And the nasty character assasinations on Slick proved to be true. Besides, any indiscretion along these lines leads to fellow GOP'ers calling for their own heads. However, GOP'ers caught resign in disgrace and shame of their own accord. Unlike you know who.

However, "Bring it on!" And if the GOP guys have committed perjury or any other crime, lock them up and throw away the key.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 11-10-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Ouch! I have to say that if there were laws broken, then people need to be held accountable. These congressmen and women, regardless of party, still work for us and other citizens of this country. That is what the republicans unfortunately forgot and it cost them in the eyes of American voters. Now, my personal opinion is that a witch hunt is the last thing the country needs at this point. We've been hearing during the whole election process how the democrats were ready to roll up their sleeves, get under the hood, and fix the problems they perceive are facing the country. Sounds to me like some of these guys just want to go on a personal crusade to exact some revenge over the opposing party. The "problems" with the educational system, healthcare, and social security aren't going to be solved by democrats going on the offensive against the republicans. Sounds to me like the "work" they promised to do for the American people is going to get put on hold and all this talk about "unifying" everyone was a bunch of bull. Guess we'll have to sit back and watch everything unfold.

The first step is to try not to listen to those conservative Christian political shows and the extremely liberal shows, as well. That would help us to not be brainwashed.
    You mean like this one. Actually I happen to agree with the article. Surprised?

Americans Trade Moral Failing For
    Immorality As Democrats Sweep
    Elections - Bill Wilson

Printer friendly version

By Bill Wilson, KIN Senior Analyst
    WASH—Nov 8—KIN--Republican Party corruption and the handling of the Iraq war appeared to motivate Americans to vote for a nationwide change in leadership of Congress, governors and even statehouses. The national sweep, however, may very well have been trading one type of moral failing for another, even stronger one, of advancing embryonic stem cell research, accelerating the forced acceptance of homosexuality, and solidifying the killing of the unborn—these are the basic tenets of the Democratic Party platform. Moreover, Democrats ran on an anti-Iraq war message, which means a pull out of Iraq will be accelerated and the war on terror may well be coming to American soil.
    The American public stood in a classic “catch 22” at the voting booth. The Republican Party had abandoned the high ground with rampant corruption within the ranks—not that the Democrats were squeaky clean—but Republicans were the ones getting caught. Americans rightly refuse to allow corrupt leaders to govern for any length of time after they are exposed. Yet, those waiting in the wings to govern support as a political party incredibly immoral positions as defined by the Bible. It would seem that early analysis of exit polls indicates that the Christian evangelicals responsible for 2004 Republican victories, voted to punish those who were perceived to betray the very ideals that got them elected.
    If Americans agreed with the positions of those who were just voted into office, then statewide constitutional amendments to ban homosexual marriage also would have been voted down. Seven out of eight states voted to ban same sex marriage. In Arizona, the only state where the amendment did not pass, the issue centered around benefits rights for homosexuals and it will likely be reworded and put up for a vote another time. The crossover vote from those who wanted to ban homosexual marriage to those politicians who also support banning same sex marriages did not occur. This means Americans made a distinct choice to swap one type of immorality for another. The consequences of such a nationwide action could be very severe. Judgments in the Bible are generally self-imposed when a stiff-necked people reject outright the commandments of God. The Lord said in Ezekiel 22:29-31, “ The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yes, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully. And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Therefore, have I poured out my indignation upon them.” The first Muslim was voted into Congress, a Democrat from Detroit. Senator Hillary Clinton won reelection by a landslide

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean like this one. Actually I happen to agree with the article. Surprised?

Americans Trade Moral Failing For
    Immorality As Democrats Sweep
    Elections - Bill Wilson

Printer friendly version

By Bill Wilson, KIN Senior Analyst
    WASH—Nov 8—KIN--Republican Party corruption and the handling of the Iraq war appeared to motivate Americans to vote for a nationwide change in leadership of Congress, governors and even statehouses. The national sweep, however, may very well have been trading one type of moral failing for another, even stronger one, of advancing embryonic stem cell research, accelerating the forced acceptance of homosexuality, and solidifying the killing of the unborn—these are the basic tenets of the Democratic Party platform. Moreover, Democrats ran on an anti-Iraq war message, which means a pull out of Iraq will be accelerated and the war on terror may well be coming to American soil.
    The American public stood in a classic “catch 22” at the voting booth. The Republican Party had abandoned the high ground with rampant corruption within the ranks—not that the Democrats were squeaky clean—but Republicans were the ones getting caught. Americans rightly refuse to allow corrupt leaders to govern for any length of time after they are exposed. Yet, those waiting in the wings to govern support as a political party incredibly immoral positions as defined by the Bible. It would seem that early analysis of exit polls indicates that the Christian evangelicals responsible for 2004 Republican victories, voted to punish those who were perceived to betray the very ideals that got them elected.
    If Americans agreed with the positions of those who were just voted into office, then statewide constitutional amendments to ban homosexual marriage also would have been voted down. Seven out of eight states voted to ban same sex marriage. In Arizona, the only state where the amendment did not pass, the issue centered around benefits rights for homosexuals and it will likely be reworded and put up for a vote another time. The crossover vote from those who wanted to ban homosexual marriage to those politicians who also support banning same sex marriages did not occur. This means Americans made a distinct choice to swap one type of immorality for another. The consequences of such a nationwide action could be very severe. Judgments in the Bible are generally self-imposed when a stiff-necked people reject outright the commandments of God. The Lord said in Ezekiel 22:29-31, “ The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yes, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully. And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Therefore, have I poured out my indignation upon them.” The first Muslim was voted into Congress, a Democrat from Detroit. Senator Hillary Clinton won reelection by a landslide
    Oh man........ Not the Republican obsession again. Why don't the Republicans worry about some other much larger things than the Gay issue. Starving children, mental illness, helping people learn how to work, medical care, the deficit, Iraq, N. Korea, Iran, Social Security, etc.

My own analysis - if the Republicans could have stopped concentrating on the one thing that they have taken on as their mission in life, we might could have acheived some good things over the past years. Instead, they became obsessed with Gay people. Are there any more "perceived" sins that ya'll could concentrate your time on? There is a Bible full of them. Personally, I think what the Bible states about helping those in need and how "selfishness" is not a virtue would be a good place to start, if you want to make sure people are living by your values. Why don't we try to concentrate on HELPING people and not worry about making them COMPLY with our way of life?

I hope that both parties can go forward instead of getting stuck in the mud. The Republicans started this with their Clinton chasing. I hope the Democrats are better than this. We shall see. I agree with Mildawg - this is not what this country needs right now.

I hope that both parties can go forward instead of getting stuck in the mud. The Republicans started this with their Clinton chasing. I hope the Democrats are better than this. We shall see. I agree with Mildawg - this is not what this country needs right now.
    It actually started back when Hillary and her group was Nixon chasing. Again, anyone caught committing perjury or any other crime needs to be gone from DC and politics in general. I agree with the rest of your paragraph

It actually started back when Hillary and her group was Nixon chasing. I agree with the rest of your paragraph
    Wow! Some agreement! :icon_wink: Yeah, you are actually right about the Nixon thing too. I am glad that they did it, but that IS where it started.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Oh man........ Not the Republican obsession again. Why don't the Republicans worry about some other much larger things than the Gay issue. Starving children, mental illness, helping people learn how to work, medical care, the deficit, Iraq, N. Korea, Iran, Social Security, etc.

My own analysis - if the Republicans could have stopped concentrating on the one thing that they have taken on as their mission in life, we might could have acheived some good things over the past years. Instead, they became obsessed with Gay people. Are there any more "perceived" sins that ya'll could concentrate your time on? There is a Bible full of them. Personally, I think what the Bible states about helping those in need and how "selfishness" is not a virtue would be a good place to start, if you want to make sure people are living by your values. Why don't we try to concentrate on HELPING people and not worry about making them COMPLY with our way of life?

I think you're misinterpreting that as it applies to today's standards.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Finally, some accountability. Bush has had a blank check for too long. I heard someone on tv say, after the democrats swept congress, "Now we wont be able to pass tax reform" or something like that... And I was just thinking... yknow, you had SIX years to do that. You guys had 6 years to do whatever you wanted. and the fact that *this* is what you made of it is the reason the dems won. So now that we're in power, I'm glad we'll finally have people looking in to what yall were actually doing for 6 years, since it sure wasnt cutting spending and passing tax reform.

+ Reply to Thread