+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: La Tech NCAA '07 Dynasty

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

La Tech NCAA '07 Dynasty

So I have begun to get bored with NCAA '07 recently and I have decided to do the following and see how long it takes we to win a National Championship playing on All-American or Heisman difficulty.

Create my own Louisiana Tech and make my dad the coach and me the quarterback.

Move La Tech into the Sun Belt (not because I think we will move there in real life, but because it would be the most fun to start at the bottom and move up). I am replacing Middle Tenn. St.

Replace FAU and FIU in the Sun Belt with Grambling St. and Northwestern St. because they will be more fun to play until I move up to a different conference.

Make LSU my rival and schedule them every year.

I will see if I can get an invite from Conference USA and eventually LSU, if someone from the Sun Belt can win the Heisman, how long it takes me to play in a BCS game, and how long it takes me to win the BCS Championship game.

Has anybody ever taken a Sun Belt team and won the BCS Championship? If so, how many years did it take?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Re: La Tech NCAA '07 Dynasty

I took Tech to the Nat'l Championship on All-Amerocan on XBOX 360 in 2009. After winning back-to-back national championships, the Big XII kicked Baylor out and invited me. Now Baylor is in the WAC. I get job offers from lots of the big BCS schools after every season. Hang in there with the WAC, I made it to the Fiesta bowl my first year.
    Good luck!

JFord

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I just started playing with Grambling because it is too easy to beat the game with Tech. I moved Grambling to the Sun Belt and only lost 2 games my first season (because my QB got suspended and I had no real backup). This year I currently have 3 of the 5 Heisman frontrunners. My QB leads the nation for the second year in a row in passing yards and TDs, one of my recievers comes back after a 17 TD season to currently lead all recievers in recieving TDs, and my cornerback (glad to say I somehow landed the top corner in college football) has returned 9 punts for a TD so far and is my deep threat in the passing game.

And before people call me out on this, with Grambling I am currently playing on Varsity. With Tech I play on Heisman but Grambling is too sucky for me to play that high.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Okay - so I played 1 game in the Sun Belt with my created La Tech (I made them a Middle of the Road team - 3 stars). It was going to be way to easy so instead moved created La Tech into the C-USA west division, replaced the WAC La Tech with Montana. Unfortunately, UTEP had to go so I could be in C-USA. Played my 1st game against LSU last night and I won 31-23. Still have to play BYU, Ole Miss, and Oklahoma St. before I get into conference play.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I took FIU to the NT without moving up in conference. Heisman difficulty.

It takes a long time, and you need to catch some breaks, but it's possible.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    Okay - so I played 1 game in the Sun Belt with my created La Tech (I made them a Middle of the Road team - 3 stars). It was going to be way to easy so instead moved created La Tech into the C-USA west division, replaced the WAC La Tech with Montana. Unfortunately, UTEP had to go so I could be in C-USA. Played my 1st game against LSU last night and I won 31-23. Still have to play BYU, Ole Miss, and Oklahoma St. before I get into conference play.
    What difficulty level are you playing on?

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9 View Post
    What difficulty level are you playing on?
    Played the first game against LSU on All-American difficulty. Then I moved up to Heisman for the next 2 games. I beat BYU and Oklahoma St. Still have to play Ole Miss before conference play starts.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Being concerned about how Tech's actual teams perform is enough extra pressure in life without paying attenton to virtual athletics.

Of course, I basically don't worry about statistics much in sports. Amazing how virtual sports and fantasy sports hold people's attention when there are living things outdoors to enjoy. Heck, there are even living things indoors that deserve attention.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    Being concerned about how Tech's actual teams perform is enough extra pressure in life without paying attenton to virtual athletics.

Of course, I basically don't worry about statistics much in sports. Amazing how virtual sports and fantasy sports hold people's attention when there are living things outdoors to enjoy. Heck, there are even living things indoors that deserve attention.
    Take a few deep breathes and step away from the keyboard. We enjoy playing video games, you may not, some enjoy to hunt I do not. That's why there are different outlets for everyone. As a result, generations find different outlets enjoyable.

JFord

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

How long has it taken y'all to get into a new conference? I'm on year 4, ps2, 2 national titles, still in the wac.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    How long has it taken y'all to get into a new conference? I'm on year 4, ps2, 2 national titles, still in the wac.
    I got invited to replace Baylor in 2010. Of course JOakes was my athletic director and he turned it down because it wasn't his idea.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I put Tech in C-USA and just finished year one. I went 12-0, won the C-USA championship game and won the Liberty Bowl (against ULL) to finish 14-0. No invite. Hoping to get into the SEC, but it seems everybody gets invited to the Big 12. Has anybody ever got an invitation to leave a BCS conf. for a different BCS conf?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Pup the fastest I have ever got invited is 3 years to Big XII.

Beaz play only SEC teams in your OOC. When I did that my first BCS conference invite was to SEC.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Pup the fastest I have ever got invited is 3 years to Big XII.

Beaz play only SEC teams in your OOC. When I did that my first BCS conference invite was to SEC.
    I will try that. I generally schedule LSU, another SEC, 1 Big 12 and 1 mid-major like TCU, BYU, etc.

Next year it will be all SEC.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

This game is a little too realistic in the way pre-season rankings (i.e. pure hype) affect your final ranking.
    Last edited by inudesu; 03-03-2009 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread