+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: La Tech NCAA '07 Dynasty

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Re: La Tech NCAA '07 Dynasty

Anyone else notice how many 4.16 forty yard dash speeds there are when you recruit? Too many. Like on the game I think there are 1 or 2 players with a speed of 99. On my dynasty all my DB's have 99 speeds.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Yeah, the stats on recruited players gets higher and higher as the game goes on.

I roll with 20 recruiting, 15 discipline, and 65 training. By the time all my guys are redshirt juniors and seniors, I have a team full of 99's. Every single starter is always 95+. And, of course, this is every year, as I have a steady stream of ***** talent coming in.

Pro tip: The sub-300# offensive tackles out there make for some great blocking tight ends. Look for the one with sub-5.0 40's. Swap them to TE, and they usually come in as a freshman around 84 or 85.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I've done that, but I like to pass to my TE too much. I use him on punt returns only (as a blocker).

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

When you use 15 discipline, do you have a lot of infractions?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I mostly follow the Miami model. Recruit high, train and discipline low. I try to avoid those that have bad discipline unless they look like a stud. I typically end with the top recruiting class by a lot (10 or more 5 stars). Thus I have a revolving door of talent. Lately I have tried the LSU model. Dominate our state and build from there. I have actually killed LSU's recruitment so much with this plan that their recruiting classes are worse than Tech's in real life. 1 3 star (they got him from out of state) and the rest 2 stars.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

How can you affect your academic rating? I created an "academic" school and started with 5 or 6 stars on academics and one for the program. Now my program is maxed out, but my academics is down to three stars. Any way to fix this? Do Jucos affect this rating? Discipline levels?
    Last edited by inudesu; 03-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    How can you effect your academic rating? I created an "academic" school and started with 5 or 6 stars on academics and one for the program. Now my program is maxed out, but my academics is down to three stars. Any way to fix this? Do Jucos affect this rating? Discipline levels?
    I think it is discipline. I have recruited good discipline classes and brought my rating up a star.

I'll try to focus on that and see what happens. I am not offering JUCOS anymore, but sometimes it gives them to me anyway and then I have to hunt them down to cut them. Maybe I should turn off the computer assistance on recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Pro tip: The sub-300# offensive tackles out there make for some great blocking tight ends. Look for the one with sub-5.0 40's. Swap them to TE, and they usually come in as a freshman around 84 or 85.
    Or you could switch your big wrs who don't have speed in the 90s to TE and you have some amazing recieving tightends. Did that and my tightend won tightend of the year with 13 recieving touchdowns and 1200 yards.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I've got no time for tight ends that can't block in my 75% run, multiback scheme.

dropback passer + two 99 RBs + 2 300# blocking TEs = 2500 yard rusher and 1500 yard rusher in a completely simmed season.

The T.O.P. advantage this scheme yields also gives you the best defense in the country, even with terrible players.

Something like 75% run, 85% conservative, 95% substituation on O
    85% pass, 15% conservative, 95% substitution on D

Very rarely do I fall out of the top 5 in any offensive or defensive statistical category, outside of passing yards.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I've got no time for tight ends that can't block in my 75% run, multiback scheme.

dropback passer + two 99 RBs + 2 300# blocking TEs = 2500 yard rusher and 1500 yard rusher in a completely simmed season.

The T.O.P. advantage this scheme yields also gives you the best defense in the country, even with terrible players.

Something like 75% run, 85% conservative, 95% substituation on O
    85% pass, 15% conservative, 95% substitution on D

Very rarely do I fall out of the top 5 in any offensive or defensive statistical category, outside of passing yards.
    I'm pretty much like Tech in the mid-90's, I throw the ball 40-50 times a game with about 600yds passing. My defense is terrible because of that though, my normal game's score is around 70-35.

I have finally gotten into the big12 and won 4 straight national titles and just beat LSU 87-0

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I have finally gotten into the big12 and won 4 straight national titles and just beat LSU 87-0
    Wow, you must have had the game on 5 minute quarters with a score that low.

I dropped LSU down to a 3 star school by dominating them so badly on the field and in recruiting every year. They finally have a lucky year with 12 wins and 1 loss (being to me) and they can't crack the top 15. They just beat the then number 2 team in the country and my xbox still isn't showing them any love. What sucks for them is there were 3 5 star kids from LA this year in in-season recruiting and I made sure to sign them all.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

I did the campus legend thing and went straight into dynasty as a coach after i graduated. I got a Big XII invite and a national title in the first year. I recently played LSU and won
    123-13 with five minute quarters. I have found a way to recover onside kicks almost EVERY time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dawg View Post
    I did the campus legend thing and went straight into dynasty as a coach after i graduated. I got a Big XII invite and a national title in the first year. I recently played LSU and won
    123-13 with five minute quarters. I have found a way to recover onside kicks almost EVERY time lol.
    What difficulty?

Onside kicking is the one thing I suck at on Heisman level. I'd love to get a tip.

Of course, it's an easy joke on lower levels, but that's been the case for years.

+ Reply to Thread