+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you guys so scared that its come to this?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Are you guys so scared that its come to this?

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2006...l-scandal.html

Republicans are using a recorded message and auto-dialing voters... Whats wrong with that? Well.... The message pretends to initially be from a democrat, and if people hang up, the message calls back 7 or 8 times, making people too annoyed to vote for the democrat.

While slander ads are dirty, because they try to get you to vote based on "Hey, I'm not the other guy", this is just downright shameful. Trying to get people to vote based on making them think youre a democrat and then just annoying them until theyre pissed off at you? Thats flat out lying and cheating. And even though if you listen to the whole message, it eventually tells you its from a republican so there's nothing illegal about it, the republicans KNOW no one listens to pre-recorded political phone calls. So the first few seconds where they say its from a democrat is all anyone will hear. Dirty, lying, cheating tactics.

It's happening in 5 states. They must be so scared that they cant carry the election on the issues, that they had to resort to this.

Combined with the one guy that sent letters to poor hispanics telling them they couldnt vote, so just stay home, you guys are trying some shady election-rigging tactics.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Are you guys so scared that its come to this?

And from such a good source too... A liberal blog that links to two editorials and a liberal blog for it's sources.

Good for you. Are liberals so scared that it has come to this?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb.../1003/ARCHIVES

From Asheville, NC's newspaper.

And, you forgot to mention that even though the link I provided goes to a liberal blog and two editorials, it also goes to another New Hampshire TV Station's news page: http://www.wmur.com/news/10239713/detail.html

So thats two links from the equivalent to the Time Picayune, and WWL. I'm sure theyre just part of the liberal biased media, and that this phone calling scam doesnt actually exist. Right?

And this is all not to mention the push polling thats going on, which is just as dirty and borderline illegal.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb.../1003/ARCHIVES

From Asheville, NC's newspaper.

And, you forgot to mention that even though the link I provided goes to a liberal blog and two editorials, it also goes to another New Hampshire TV Station's news page: http://www.wmur.com/news/10239713/detail.html

So thats two links from the equivalent to the Time Picayune, and WWL. I'm sure theyre just part of the liberal biased media, and that this phone calling scam doesnt actually exist. Right?

And this is all not to mention the push polling thats going on, which is just as dirty and borderline illegal.
    Everybody knows (or should know) that the GOP is the party of dirty tricks. Any party that has Turd Blossom as its chief guardian of moral values has to be pretty sleazy.

What gets me is that the GOP party faithful either ignore it, pretend it doesn't occur, or just don't give a damn.

Whats funny is that they called people on the Do Not Call list, and now face a $5000 fine for each infraction. At 200,000 calls, that's potentially a $1billion fine.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe any of this for one minute. And neither should you guys.

Good grief. You guys are from Louisiana, the inventor and author of cheap DEM/LIB voting tricks. Not to mention what LBJ did over here in Texas. What a joke!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Don't give me all your self rightous bs about how underhanded the GOP is. The dems are the best at it. Wonder how many dead people will vote for democrats in Chicago and remember, Missouri, especially St. Louis, has had some very strange things happen the last couple of elections.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

In the "real source" link: http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb.../1003/ARCHIVES

The sentence "The message pretends to initially be from a democrat, and if people hang up, the message calls back 7 or 8 times, making people too annoyed to vote for the democrat" is not supported by that story. It says that they do not state the source of the call at the beginning of the call. It is obviously not cut and dry in this case.

BTW -> Do Not Call does not apply to poltical phone calls.

My biggest problem with all of these articles... Not one transcript of the phone call! Why not? You knwo why... Because that would expose the bull crap of the whole issue. So I'll chalk this one up to be in the same calss as that hilariously misleading post about 600,000 people being killed by American soldiers or whatever nonsense that was.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

What irks me is Democrats bitching about having to show an ID to vote, then complaining that Republicans have programed the electronic voting machines to steal votes. Hell, we have to in order to negate all the dead, illegal, and multiple personality voters the Democrats run to the polls every election cycle.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

And you give me grief for posting BS? Come on DB2 you can't really buy into this crapola.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

What is sad is that we are fighting about who is the dirtiest..........

Usually, things like this have a grain of truth, but are greatly exaggerated.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Don't know the validity of it, but FOX reported this morning that there are 70,000 dead people registered as voters in New York... 2,000 of them have already voted. I heard about things like this happening in New Orleans in the past, but I've never seen any proof of it. Wouldn't surprise me, though. Especially with the folks displaced by the hurricane -- there's no telling what sort of funny business will go on. I heard they were bussing people in during the last round of elections, and some of the potential voters were being turned away.

There has to be a better way of keeping voter records, validating who is allowed to vote, and ensuring people only vote once. I mean, what's to stop someone from using a dead relative's information to vote absentee and then vote in person as themselves on election day? The only way to possibly minimize the fraud in our system of voting is to use some sort of biometrics (e.g. fingerprints) when we vote. If people had a problem with it, then I guess it shows they have something to hide.

Displaced voters will be a major issue in the upcoming gubernatorial race. Supposedly, the "displaced citizens" will be able to vote until right after that election. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm very forgiving towards any situation with regards to rebuilding New Orleans, but I'm on the side of the fence that thinks that those who aren't living here now... after more than a year... should not vote here. They aren't involved in the reconstruction effort and if they have jobs/pay taxes/spend money elsewhere, they need to vote elsewhere. I registered to vote in Lincoln parish when I went to school even though I had every intent on returning home after graduation...

But don't worry. The Democratic Party is unselfishly providing transportation from OUTSIDE THE STATE to polling areas in New Orleans. You know... rather than provide HOUSING for those who need it, they'll give them the ability to be led like sheep into voting for the same people who got them into the trouble they are in.

+ Reply to Thread