+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WKU

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: WKU

WKU is another school who invested in Men's basketball...and now look...both teams are formidable on the national stage...and, they're moving up to DIA football. Funny how that ROI thing works.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have never understood why we don't run the full court press more. I know that it is exhausting, but we have a deep bench, and we are a very athletic team. The risks are foul trouble and leaving the other team open, if they break it. It is rare to see a team break it consistently, though.
    The full court press was our trademark for years. I never did understand why we abandoned it. Maybe since Leon left, we don't have someone that can coach it effectively. If you have the athletes than can run it, it needs to be implemented. It will set the tone of the game and immediately put the other team on the defense for the rest of the night making it much more difficult to get any type of offensive rhythm. If Long wants to return the Techsters to their former prominence, he needs to return to the full court press.

Bulldog Jack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Jack Mayhoffer's Avatar

Slip, Slip, Slipping away...

The once proud Techsters have joined the remaining Tech sports offerings in the Land of Mediocrity...

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mayhoffer View Post
    Slip, Slip, Slipping away...

The once proud Techsters have joined the remaining Tech sports offerings in the Land of Mediocrity...
    At least we have a decent baseball team.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    At least we have a decent baseball team.
    Everyone's a comedian .

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Pls don't try to spin it.

WKU is a sunbelch team that stomped us AT HOME in our season's opener.

http://www.wkusports.com/

jmo
    Although I am new to posting on this board, I've been a reader of it for quite a while. I'm a Techster fan, and agree with nadB...There seems to be so much spin on this board about the "comeback" of the Techsters. Our break into the top-25 last season was arguably not deserved. To bring up WKU's post-season accomplishments of last year to somehow abate the outcome of this season's opener is ridiculous. The Techsters have a long season ahead of them. To be chosen #1 in the WAC isn't really that impressive. Although my words may ring of negativity, I am a defender of the Techters and their tradition whenever the subject of women's bball comes up. I simply wanted to point out that just because we have tradition, doesn't mean we deserve accolades or poll positions. We have to win against teams like Western Kentucky, especially at home. I wish Long and Co. the best, and will cheer for the Techsters in every game, knowing that in all likelihood, this will end up being yet another "rebuilding year."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Although I am new to posting on this board, I've been a reader of it for quite a while. I'm a Techster fan, and agree with nadB...There seems to be so much spin on this board about the "comeback" of the Techsters. Our break into the top-25 last season was arguably not deserved. To bring up WKU's post-season accomplishments of last year to somehow abate the outcome of this season's opener is ridiculous. The Techsters have a long season ahead of them. To be chosen #1 in the WAC isn't really that impressive. Although my words may ring of negativity, I am a defender of the Techters and their tradition whenever the subject of women's bball comes up. I simply wanted to point out that just because we have tradition, doesn't mean we deserve accolades or poll positions. We have to win against teams like Western Kentucky, especially at home. I wish Long and Co. the best, and will cheer for the Techsters in every game, knowing that in all likelihood, this will end up being yet another "rebuilding year."
    I don't think you will find any of us making excuses for last night. I do know that Long is bringing in the players that can turn the program around, though. Last night was disappointing to say the least. We are all hoping that it was a combination of inexperience and the team needing to gell. We are not a top team right now. That doesn't mean that we won't be by the end of the season, though. I am not about to form an opinion of the team based on one game. Let's see how we do in the next 4 or 5 games and go from there.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Everyone's a comedian .
    You will be the first one to jump on the baseball bandwagon soon. In the not so distant future, Tech will be a team to be reckoned with in baseball.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Champ,
    I always read your posts with interest, also on the ESPN message boards. Like I said, I am a huge Techster fan. I hate to hear excuses like "lots of new players" "not gelling yet" as other teams are in the same situation. Tech will have to make significant strides to be a "top team" by the end of the year, and I doubt that possibility. Yes, the recruits this year are a step above last year, but with all due respect, we are not capable of recruiting the biggies. At least not yet. The Techsters, their fans and staff cannot make excuses, that's what makes other teams not approach us as serious competitors. And although only his second season as head coach, Long understands, I'm sure, that the honeymoon is over and that he can't rely on tradition. Although Coach Long makes a point when he says we have an extrememly tough schedule this year, let's face it: Our out of conference schedule is lacking in the powerhouse category. I know there are yet again excuses for this as well, but since the Techsters reside in the bottom-dwelling WAC conference, it is crucial for the team to face up to the true "top teams" in the land. Also, Tech needs at least one "star" on the team, someone who takes control of the game, every game, and carries her teammates along with her. I read about the recruits coming in next year, and although they seem like another step forward, there is debatably no inside size. Perhaps the "star" is already on this team and has yet to take her position. I will watch, listen and read all season long, hoping to prove myself wrong, and hoping for the Techsters to return to what I consider their rightful place among the elite.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Western lost at home to Vandy last night.
    ________
    Kids depakote
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Western lost at home to Vandy last night.

Yeah, that was disappointing. We need for them to have a high RPI.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    You will be the first one to jump on the baseball bandwagon soon. In the not so distant future, Tech will be a team to be reckoned with in baseball.
    I truly hope you are right. I am so desperate to see Tech good at something again!

+ Reply to Thread