+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 undecided

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

2 undecided

Democrats take the House
    Democrats take the Governors
    Senate still with 2 key "too close to call elections". Democrats in the lead, but by very narrow margins.

The people have spoken. I have to admit that it feels good to be in the majority again. Congratulations to the Democrats! Now DO SOMETHING with it!

I am feeling very good this morning. On my way to Austin in a little while for meetings, so I won't be able to post as much for a couple of days.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: 2 undecided

Pelosi is now the speaker of the house...I wonder what Canada is like this time of year?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

It will be interesting to see what the result of the recounts will be, and the following court battles. I think when all is said and done, we're going to find out a lot about how broken and corrupt our system of voting really is.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the result of the recounts will be, and the following court battles. I think when all is said and done, we're going to find out a lot about how broken and corrupt our system of voting really is.
    Boy, for all the flack Democrats caught in some elections in the past for challenging, you sure sound like you are saying the same thing.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

One encouraging thing is, many of the democrats who took republican seats are being characterized as moderate democrats. This gives me hope that Pelosi and Feinstein won't be able to totally run amuck. We had a liberal elected here in my district.

Another interesting thing...
    Leiberman will likely be the "swing" vote in the Senate. He was elected as an independent (in a Freakin' landslide against that weirdo ned lamont). He says he'll caucus with the democrats. But, he'll be forced to work with some of the very people who came into Connecticut to make sure that he lost the primary. He very well could be in a position to be the most powerful Senator. He'll be courted by both sides of the isle.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations America. Nancy Polosi...along with her constituents, the San Fransicko cross-dressing nuns "Our Ladies of Perpetual Indulgence," the "lets disband the military" supporters, the "ban recruiters from San Fransicko school" crowd is now OUR speaker of the house. Everything that is perverted, immoral and anti American will now be paraded in your face as never before. Get ready for the most appalling period you and I have ever witnessed in this nation.

People may have voted yesterday based on the war in Iraq, but the war for the heart and soul of America just got ratcheted up a notch.

Even still...GOD is in control. Whether Polosi believes in Him or not.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Sometimes you have to loose before you win. Churchill knew it.

Republicans need to do some self-evaluation today and in the months ahead...we need to be the party that won control in 1994 and stay with the values and tenets that got us there. We can't govern like the left when we are elected.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Get ready for the most appalling period you and I have ever witnessed in this nation.
    Well, the country's had a lot of practice over the last 6 years, so I think we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Sometimes you have to loose before you win. Churchill knew it.

Republicans need to do some self-evaluation today and in the months ahead...we need to be the party that won control in 1994 and stay with the values and tenets that got us there. We can't govern like the left when we are elected.
    You know what? I hope your party does do some re-evaluation, and swings back towards the way they used to be. Even though I didnt agree with their social issues, they at least left those issues up to the states, and they had all the fiscal issues under control. This Christian Fascist Regime yall were trying to build is exactly the reason you lost control. The Democrats will likely give control back to you guys in a few years, because that party hasnt reevaluated anything either, and still kind of sucks. So I hope at least the Republicans can actually learn from their mistakes, and go back to the old school reps.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

As for the 2 undecided seats... wow, those are some close races. We're gonna have to wait through recounts and court battles. I'm just glad to be on the side thats ahead going into the recounts. Kind of a double edged sword for many of the people here... They want to keep those seats, but to do so, theyll have to engage in tactics that just 2 years ago they were calling whiny, and unamerican, saying things like "Just accept that you lost and move on".

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    Well, the country's had a lot of practice over the last 6 years, so I think we'll be fine.

You know what? I hope your party does do some re-evaluation, and swings back towards the way they used to be. Even though I didnt agree with their social issues, they at least left those issues up to the states, and they had all the fiscal issues under control. This Christian Fascist Regime yall were trying to build is exactly the reason you lost control. The Democrats will likely give control back to you guys in a few years, because that party hasnt reevaluated anything either, and still kind of sucks. So I hope at least the Republicans can actually learn from their mistakes, and go back to the old school reps.
    Given your age, 24 whole years, I'll be easy on you.

Republicans have held the Congress half your life; they've held it less than a quarter of mine.

At 24, I believed in socialized medicine; I learned better when I started paying taxes at 25.

I always thought Democrats were progressive and out for the little guy. I learned that Democrats were regressive and only wanted the little guy's vote.

I always thought right-thinking Republicans believed in the principles of Ronald Reagan; I do. However, Delay and some of his friends forgot those principles and introduced us to earmarks and Republican pork. GWB didn't loose this election for Republicans...Tom Delay and his arrogance did it. His arrogance got him indicted, and Ronny Earle's arrogance will get all the charges dismissed...because there was never anything but arrogance there.

I've seen Democrats run Congress, and now you will too through the eyes of a 24 year old, not a 12 year old. It won't be pretty...all you had to do was listen to some of the victory speeches last night. Welcome back the windfall profits taxes that will be sought for "big oil"...the same taxes that damned near killed the industry 20 odd years ago (that's part of the reason we are in the eanergy conundrum we're in now). Spending...you ain't seen spending. Taxes...you never thought you were rich did you? States' rights...there ain't no stinkin' states' rights! Respect for the military...Murtha and Kerry were just warming up. Gay rights...hell, they'll have more rights than you with Pelosi at the helm because we'll have "special" laws passed.

I make no bones about it...I have absolutely no use for a Democrat. I have very few friends that vote Democrat...my choice. Thus, I socialize with very few people that share my vocation (lawyer). Few understand anything more than their billable rate, and none have ever been to the Middle East or even remotely understand what is going on over there. Most Democrats are in the same boat...they are clueless on Islam. Mark my words the next several elections will be about Islam...if they are not, get yourself a prayer rug and figure out which way is East!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Yep. The Democrats have won, now they get to see what they are made of. I'm not really upset or disappointed... I really knew this would happen. Their performance over the next two years will probably mean more in the deciding of the Presidency than who runs.

I would also say that there are some other statements made by this election. With Lieberman winning his race, the American people are saying that we want change, but you have to give us something. Only time will tell.

On a side note, I can't believe that Democrats have probably elected the guy who wrote stories about a father giving his son a blow job... Way to go...

I think upon further investigation, you'll see that there has not been a swing in the national attitude. The republican voters simply didn't show up. There were not large groups that went out to vote against the party they'd voted for previously. The Rove turn-out the vote campaign didn't work. Republicans stayed home and the dems won. Even fox news is saying that many of the seats the dem's picked up are moderates. That's good.

IMO, the republicans lost because this campaign was poorly ran. Iraq shouldn't have been mentioned by republicans. They should've focused ont he ecomony and unemployment. They didn't...they lost. In my area, an excellent congresswoman lost her seat because instead of highlighting what she's done, she took a page out of the democrat book..."Look at this liberal doosh...I'm not him...vote for me." She lost. She's created a lot of jobs here in Louisville and been a great elected official. She lost because she went negative.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I know one thing, if I was a Democrat, I would not like Nancy Pelosi (I naturally dont like her as a conservative). I think she has unified the party, but at what cost? She stripped certain democrats of power for not voting along party lines, leading to 90% of votes being totally party aligned? She is killing independent thought from the dems, which is what they champion themselves on. Maybe that is why the Dems have been called the party with no ideas lately. Here is what is giong to happen with her as Speaker. She is going to only champion her little pet lideas, which will be way too liberal for any Repub to vote for, and she will try to bully her side to vote for the laws. They still will not get passed. No progress, no real thought, just Pelosi trying to bully her party to vote for these type things. I see no progress under her. Of course, I dont see much progress from hardly any politicians, so what else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I know one thing, if I was a Democrat, I would not like Nancy Pelosi
    I like her just as much as I like Hillary Clinton...

And I really, really dont like Hillary Clinton.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This election was just another confirmation of how evenly divided this country is on politics. So many issues come in to play. Social issues like the gay agenda, stem cell research, and abortion seem to be going to the left. Economic issues don't seem to matter to either party. Who knows if and when anyone will ever take a stand on illegal immigration? The kicker was Iraq. Bush's poor handling and poor communicaton with voters cost the GOP. How soon we forget what these rag heads are capable of. God help us.

+ Reply to Thread