+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banner

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Banner

Yep, we're gonna have to bust out of this don't hurt any feelings crap. This is DIA athletics. It is a business. We've tried being polite and we've been ignored. Jim has brought this upon himself. To ease the stress on his family, perhaps he should handle it HIMSELF instead of letting a family member go for him. Think long and hard about that.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

This is a grass roots effort to replace the man. That means lose his job. Peoples feeling are going to get hurt. The future of Tech athletics is of more importance than Jim Oakes. I don't wish him ill, but I do wish him fired. Banners bring attention to the problem. Bring on more, bigger banners.

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    This is another gay thread. Just like people getting upset over the students booing players. They deserve every bit of it.
    So much for the spirit of 88...

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post

Oakes himself said that it comes with the territory.
    Osama: "America said were at war, so it's OK for us to kill their people."

touchdown123: "Oakes said it comes with the territory, so it's OK for us to call him names and hurt his family."

Now, I've never commeted my opinion reguarding Jim's job status, which apparently makes me a an Oakes apologist. Let's get this John Kerry Crystal Clear: this is about the public humiliation of a humanbeing. Not wheather or not anyone thinks JO is suitable for the job. They are two separate issues. In my opinion, the manner in which the American public treats public fugures is very sad. It keeps good people from serving in public office & there is no reason for it. I would like to think Louisiana Tech is above that, but Dirtydawg and others could prove me wrong when we play Nevada. I'm just suggesting there are other ways to communicate disapproval.

I agree with johnnylightning; up until now this has been incredibly civil for the athlitics world. I just wish it could remain that way.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

If a sign that said the JOakes on us is tearing Oakes, he needs to grow his skin a little bit. As far as it being humiliating...give me a break. It is a clever sign that shows that we're not happy. There's nothing classless about it. It could be much worse. Were you in Florida during the Zook years?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

C'mon guys it is much more important to not hurt Jims feelings than to save our entire athletic program.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I can't believe this thread. This is a DIA program, and we're talking about a sign that is hurting the feelings our sensitive AD. Give me a break! Ruston is so bush league it is pitiful. No wonder the students leave town every weekend. I can guarantee you that 99% of the other DIA programs in this country are much, much harder on their AD than Tech is.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie View Post
    ......... I'm just suggesting there are other ways to communicate disapproval.............
    Like what, Homer ??

??????????????????

jmo

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

If George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Frankling had revolted in a civil manner without wanting to hurt King George feelings, we would all be speaking true English, voting for Parliament, and studing those people who dared go against the king back in the 1700's. This country was started by individuals who were displeased with the leadership and choose to do something about it. I am displeased with our athletic department and I am currently doing something about it.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    If George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Frankling had revolted in a civil manner without wanting to hurt King George feelings, we would all be speaking true English, voting for Parliament, and studing those people who dared go against the king back in the 1700's. This country was started by individuals who were displeased with the leadership and choose to do something about it. I am displeased with our athletic department and I am currently doing something about it.
    GO, BEAZ !!!!!!!

jmo

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I am just as dissapointed as anyone about this year, but I think we should respect Mrs. Oakes' wishes and leave the banners at home. After all, Jim dosent follow you to work with a sign imploring your boss to kick you to the curb. And don't tell me its the nature of the job. He is a visable figure, but that dosen't mean he should be treated more poorly than you or I.

If I get red dots for saying this, you will only be confirming how heartless you are towards those with whom you disagree.
    I understand and respect your opinion, but I would like to say something.

If you are going to these games for the sole purpose of sporting a sign, then I'd rather you stay at home. If you want to come to the game, SUPPORT THE DAWGS, and during the down periods sport a sign, then you are free to do as you please.

Even Liteman and I had a little disagreement about the sign during the Utah St game. I did NOT want to put the sign up on every timeout or break. Only a couple times a half and after the band played at halftime when nothing was going on. He called me... FROM THE PARKING LOT!! ... and asked me to fly the sign while the Dawgs were driving and had scored on Patrick Jackson's 65 yard run, and again while we had a nice drive going (that ended in Champion to Wheller TD). I was way too happy to see the DAWGS doing well then to ruin my great feelings for the sign. For many minutes during that game, Jim didn't cross my mind.... and it was GREAT.

I will not attend these games for the purpose of making my opinion known. I will support my DAWGS and if I feel like expressing my opinon, then I will do so. I hope that others will share a similar opinion.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

So much for the spirit of 88...

Osama: "America said were at war, so it's OK for us to kill their people."

touchdown123: "Oakes said it comes with the territory, so it's OK for us to call him names and hurt his family."

Now, I've never commeted my opinion reguarding Jim's job status, which apparently makes me a an Oakes apologist. Let's get this John Kerry Crystal Clear: this is about the public humiliation of a humanbeing. Not wheather or not anyone thinks JO is suitable for the job. They are two separate issues. In my opinion, the manner in which the American public treats public fugures is very sad. It keeps good people from serving in public office & there is no reason for it. I would like to think Louisiana Tech is above that, but Dirtydawg and others could prove me wrong when we play Nevada. I'm just suggesting there are other ways to communicate disapproval.

I agree with johnnylightning; up until now this has been incredibly civil for the athlitics world. I just wish it could remain that way.

First off, it's ridiculous to compare banners to terrorism and our fight to get the AD out with the Revolution (I know that wasn't you) Second off, if you want to know about humiliation, try living in Baton Rouge and wearing your Tech gear, flying your Tech flags and generally having it universally known by everyone you're in contact with that you're a Tech fan. Then having all those people look you up after an Idaho loss, or a game they've seen on t.v in which a good portion of the stands are covered in tarps and the rest are sparsely populated. Jim Oakes has no idea what humiliation is compared to what I've gone through the last several years.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    I say if you do not have the backbone to show up to the games, do not have someone else carry a sign. Be man or woman enough to carry your own sign to the game. If you cannot go to the game I feel no one show encourage disrespectful actions. This is very unclassy. I may or may not agree with Mr. Oakes, but this is idea of a banner hurts his family and his friends. It will cause friction between supporterss and non supporters of Mr. Oakes. I believe you will find there are probably more money giving supporters for him, than non giving non supporters. I may be wrong. Just think long and hard before this is done.
    grimey, I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I will be there with my signs. I was asking if anybody else wanted one also.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I am just as dissapointed as anyone about this year, but I think we should respect Mrs. Oakes' wishes and leave the banners at home. After all, Jim dosent follow you to work with a sign imploring your boss to kick you to the curb. And don't tell me its the nature of the job. He is a visable figure, but that dosen't mean he should be treated more poorly than you or I.
    No, Jim doesn't follow me to work and complain about how I do my job. But, if Jim were my client and he had a problem with the product or service I was providing him, he would certainly have a right to discuss this with me and if I didn't respond to complain to those who employ me about my poor service. If his concerns were still not being addressed or rectified, then he would have every right to take the complaint to a more public forum by attempting to influence other customers to take action.

We are all Jim's customers. Many attempts have been made to discuss our concerns with him in private, and for 12 years things have only continued to get worse. Other attempts have been made to complain to those who have specific authority over Jim. These attempts, too, have been unsuccessful. Because these more private attempts to improve the service we are paying him to provide have been ignored FOR TWELVE YEARS, we certainly have a right to take our complaints to a more public forum and to inform and influence other customers.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I'm just suggesting there are other ways to communicate disapproval.
    unfortunately, they've been tried time and time again to no avail. you can blame two people for the situation having to resort to this -- dan reneau and jim oakes.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

This thread is dumb! What do you people that think it is "wrong" think we should do about it that has not been tried already? Maybe we should all sip tea with DR and discuss it. Give me a break. My family was in politics all of my childhood. I sat at tables where people clearly hated my Grandfather. I got dogged in school by teachers that hated my Grandfather. Don't get me wrong, those people were pond scum in my opinion, but I was certainly not clouded for life and I understood it was all part of the territory. The fact that this became personal is a joke itself. There is absolutely no reason to not bring the banner and display it proudly. The wife and kids have to get over it. It is not about them nor is it aimed at them. We can not politely sip tea and continue to watch the avalanch to the toilet of Tech athletics. Please go find how other schools handle things and come back. I think you will think this is very civilized.

+ Reply to Thread