+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Volunteer Corps

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Volunteer Corps

Today I called and volunteered to do whatever I could from Houston. The man I talked to, I don't want to post his name because he seemed like he really did want to help, didn't sound like they had any real plan put together for what they wanted the volunteers to do. He took my name, phone number, and email but couldn't tell me what I could do to help. He also said I was the first person that had called. I think that is pretty sad considering how many people on here complain about not being included and not having any say so in what goes on. One thing that did encourage me is that he did say that if I had any suggestions they would be open to listening and trying new things. I want to see if Oakes is actually trying or just doing this so he can say he is trying. I challenge all of you to do the same, I know we are all very dissapointed in him and the state of our program but if we all volunteer then he can't use the alumni as an excuse anymore. If we all volunteer and he still acts the same way, ingnoring our suggestions and turning us away then that will be one more thing we can use against him.

So get off your soapboxes for a few minutes tomorrow and call.

Bubby, Kyle, Fomby, Travis, Tynes that means you. Everybody else too.

Hawkins at 255-1962 or Jimmy Hand at 257-4111.
    Last edited by baddawg; 11-08-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Re: Volunteer

BD, I am here in Houston also and I will help in any way. Just let me know. I will call and put my name in the pot. Thanks.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: Volunteer Corps

What you don't get is that people have offered their professional services to Jim for free...and he has said no thanks. You can piss on my shoes once, but it usually doesn't happen a second time.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    What you don't get is that people have offered their professional services to Jim for free...and he has said no thanks. You can piss on my shoes once, but it usually doesn't happen a second time.

I know, I am one of the people that offered my help for free and got my shoe pissed on. I'm not going to give up on Tech just because our AD doesn't know what he is doing. I'm just saying lets try, what would it hurt to at least call and offer to help if it's needed. Maybe seeing how fed up everybody is with his job has made him reevaluate what he is doing. If he is sincere in wanting our help then maybe we can finally get something done. If not then you can say "see I told you so". Just call and give them your name and contact information, it would only take 5 minutes out of your day.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    I know, I am one of the people that offered my help for free and got my shoe pissed on. I'm not going to give up on Tech just because our AD doesn't know what he is doing. I'm just saying lets try, what would it hurt to at least call and offer to help if it's needed. Maybe seeing how fed up everybody is with his job has made him reevaluate what he is doing. If he is sincere in wanting our help then maybe we can finally get something done. If not then you can say "see I told you so". Just call and give them your name and contact information, it would only take 5 minutes out of your day.
    Two or three years ago, I might have hopped on the bus.

The guy is a loser.

I say "DUMP HIM".

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Two or three years ago, I might have hopped on the bus.

The guy is a loser.

I say "DUMP HIM".

jmo
    I know he's a loser, but we can't do anything about that . Just call and offer to help and see what happens. I mean it is your school isn't it.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I know he's a loser, but we can't do anything about that.
    Are you so sure ??

And, yes, it's my school, that's why I'm bothering to be here.

jmo

Look man I'm not trying to get confrontational with you I'm just asking you to call and offer to help. Whats wrong with that.

Look man I'm not trying to get confrontational with you I'm just asking you to call and offer to help. Whats wrong with that.
    I'm thinking right now that "I'll let ya'll call me".

Get Busy if you want to save JO's job.

It's only a matter of time before he's gone................. but, it could be a while yet, I'll admit. ....................... In fact, It might be a very long time..................Too Bad for our Dawgs.

jmo

I'm thinking right now that "I'll let ya'll call me".

Get Busy if you want to save JO's job.

It's only a matter of time before he's gone................. but, it could be a while yet, I'll admit. ....................... In fact, It might be a very long time..................Too Bad for our Dawgs.

jmo
    I don't want to save his job, I would stand on my head in 3 feet of sh*t if I thought it would get him fired. I want him gone yesterday, I don't care what he does in the future he is not qualified to have the job. And who the hell is ya'll. I'm suggesting this on my own because I am not willing to cut of fmy nose to spite my face. Yeah Jim Oakes is a miserable excuse for an AD but I don't want to just sit around and bitch about it. I want to try and do something, anything, to get us out of the situation we are in. I am tired of seeing us get our ass handed to us by less talented teams with more talented coaches but I certainly don't think that sitting around and doing nothing is going to fix the situation. That would make us just as bad as Oakes. Are you so mad at Oakes that you wouldn't be willing to help sell more season tickets or get involved in a real fundraising camapaign that would get us the things we have been wanting for our university for years.

I don't want to save his job, I would stand on my head in 3 feet of sh*t if I thought it would get him fired..
    Pls film this and put it on www.youtube.com. Perhaps Beaz could link it from www.firejimoakes.com ??

jmo

Pls film this and put it on www.youtube.com. Perhaps Beaz could link it from www.firejimoakes.com ??

jmo

If you get Oakes to agree to resign or DR to agree to fire him I will.

If you get Oakes to agree to resign or DR to agree to fire him I will.
    GOOD MAN ! ! ! !

Let's see what happens.

jmo

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

I would suggest talking straight to the coaches and offer to help. The athletic department will take a name. If you talk to some of the coaches, they will quickly let you know how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    I would suggest talking straight to the coaches and offer to help. The athletic department will take a name. If you talk to some of the coaches, they will quickly let you know how you can help.
    I would rather volunteer help to those asking for it. That way they can't use me as an excuse later. Plus our head FB coach is an idiot he couldn't find his arse with both hands. I doubt he knows what he needs.

+ Reply to Thread