+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer Corps

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Volunteer Corps

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    Pretty sure that this entire volunteer corps was an idea of a former athletic dept. employee....funny how things are turned down and then jim puts them into action years later as his own idea/plan....
    Didn't Dwayne suggest this to Ronny Walker shortly after Ronny started his job in the Athletic Dept.?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    A few years ago, altadawg offered up a good proposal to Jim to help us sell season tickets for fball and bball. As one might expect, it was turned down.
    This is the kind of volunteer JO is looking for. Someone on paper who is seen and not heard.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

i'll try to help my alma mater in certain ways, but much like the so-called season ticket boycotters who got blasted by some on this board, i have made my own personal boycott commitment. this falls under those guidelines. until jim oakes is gone, i will only do so much for our athletic department. and this is not a new commitment -- it's something i made to myself 3 years ago when i was still a student.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Ronnie started this thing with Hawkins avout 3 years ago...Jim tried to nix it when Ronnie started it because he was afraid he'd have to give Hawkins something!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Ronnie started this thing with Hawkins avout 3 years ago...Jim tried to nix it when Ronnie started it because he was afraid he'd have to give Hawkins something!
    the problem with jim is he thinks most people are actually like him. he won't do anything without trying to gain a political leverage. the average tech fan cares about this university and doesn't think in those terms. jim just doesn't get it!
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

The first volunteer assignment is to clean off the outside of the Thomas Assembly Center. This should start within the next couple of weeks (weather permitting). So far, 11 people have signed up. It'd be nice to have more.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

That is a very needed project. However, I am not sure it is do-able on a strictly volunteer basis, unless one of the volunteers has access to commercial pressure washing equipment and a cherry picker truck or something similar to allow workers to wash all the way to the top of the TAC. Has someone stepped up with the needed equipment?

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

If I am not mistaken you have to be very careful pressure washing tne outside of the TAC. The concrete ring around the outside above the doors has a thin layer plaster on it. A pressure washer will blow it off.The best cleaning system that I have seen was demostrated by a guy from Alex by the name of Reggie Murrel.(sp) The cost was not cheap. He has since gone out of business. As far as I know the company he worked through is still in business. I have not been able to find his card that has the name of the company on it.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

By all means, please make sure someone in charge knows about the exterior of the TAC. We can't afford another embarrassment nor can we afford to replace it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    The first volunteer assignment is to clean off the outside of the Thomas Assembly Center. This should start within the next couple of weeks (weather permitting). So far, 11 people have signed up. It'd be nice to have more.
    Sooner, you may want to turn that scanner on when this project starts.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I received this email today:

Hello Tech volunteer corps,

We are in the process of cleaning the exterior of the TAC. We will be working for the rest of today, tomorrow and next Monday. The job will take about 2 weeks total so there will be plenty work left after the Christmas break. Feel free to come by and participate if you want. Also, spread the word to others who might want to help.

Thanks for all you interest and help to Louisiana Tech athletics!

Jimmy Hand
    Director Athletic Advancement
    Louisiana Tech University
    P.O. Box 3046
    Ruston, LA 71272
    jahand@latech.edu
    318-257-2933 wk
    318-235-7028

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We are in the process of cleaning the exterior of the TAC. We will be working for the rest of today, tomorrow and next Monday. The job will take about 2 weeks total so there will be plenty work left after the Christmas break. Feel free to come by and participate if you want. Also, spread the word to others who might want to help.

Jimmy Hand
    P.O. Box 3046
    Ruston, LA 71272
    jahand@latech.edu
    318-257-2933 wk
    318-235-7028
    Volunteers working 50ft. in the air? Have they discussed this with their loss prevention department?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Jimmy Hand
    P.O. Box 3046
    Ruston, LA 71272
    jahand@latech.edu
    318-257-2933 wk
    318-235-7028
    Good grief, I can't believe we're getting volunteers to do the work that our maintenance staff should've done 5 years ago. What's next on the list? Cleaning the restrooms?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Volunteers working 50ft. in the air? Have they discussed this with their loss prevention department?
    Hopefully that is not the case. Anybody check this out?

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    Hopefully that is not the case. Anybody check this out?
    I went down there. I didn't see anything. It looks like they'll be starting another day.

+ Reply to Thread