+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rutgers vs. Louisville?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Rutgers vs. Louisville?

Quote Originally Posted by latech4ever View Post
    When he showed up at Rutgers he had an AD who wanted him there, who literally gave him a carte blanche to get what he needed, an administration who supported both the AD and whatever the AD said needed to be done, facilities (since improved even more) that put ours to shame, and experience at BOTH Penn State and Miami. He was at Podunk prior to PSU.

I agree credit goes to schiano. But put him here in Ruston with JO and DR and you would find him either with similar results as Bicknell or more likely gone of his own choosing.

Schiano may be a bit more agressive than Bicknell but without the extreme support and money that Rutgers has thrown at the football program no one would even know his name.
    I agree with you to a certain degree. However, before Schiano left, he wouldn't have lost to schools that Bicknell has lost to with maybe one or two exceptions, and he definitely wouldn't have lost by the margins that Bicknell has lost by or barely beaten a crappy North Texas team. Bicknell's attitude is a cancer, plain and simple. Schiano may not have had BCS caliber teams, but I bet his teams wouldn't have lost to Nebraska or Texas A&M, either. I mean look at the intensity in which Rutgers plays at. I've only seen that from Bicknell's teams maybe twice.

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Rutgers vs. Louisville?

Quote Originally Posted by latech4ever View Post
    When he showed up at Rutgers he had an AD who wanted him there, who literally gave him a carte blanche to get what he needed, an administration who supported both the AD and whatever the AD said needed to be done, facilities (since improved even more) that put ours to shame, and experience at BOTH Penn State and Miami. He was at Podunk prior to PSU.

I agree credit goes to schiano. But put him here in Ruston with JO and DR and you would find him either with similar results as Bicknell or more likely gone of his own choosing.

Schiano may be a bit more agressive than Bicknell but without the extreme support and money that Rutgers has thrown at the football program no one would even know his name.

I agree. If the La. Tech administration and the right kind of people in Shreveport were to really get behind Bicknell and (the whole Tech Athletics), maybe La. Tech would be the feel good story of college football this year. With the current setup, I dont see it happening.

+ Reply to Thread