+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Uniforms

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Football Uniforms

Just Curious. Is Tech planning to update their football uniforms any year soon? I'm sure the current design was popular a decade or two ago, but isn't it time to update? Every time I catch them playing on TV in Baton Rouge, I can't help but think that they look like a high school team.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Re: Football Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_in_baton_rouge View Post
    Just Curious. Is Tech planning to update their football uniforms any year soon? I'm sure the current design was popular a decade or two ago, but isn't it time to update? Every time I catch them playing on TV in Baton Rouge, I can't help but think that they look like a high school team.
    It is called tradition!!!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

All we need to do is buy those throwbacks from Florida that they wore a few weeks ago.

Those things were sharp!

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

More like, "stuck-in-a-rut", just like the program.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Negative. I can't stand those new age unis that teams like oregon and va tech wear. All we need to update is our AD and Head Coach.

Bulldog Jack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Jack Mayhoffer's Avatar

I would have an open mind on this one. I'm the lone voice in the wilderness, but I always liked the red jerseys that matched our helmets -- I think it was in the 80s when we wore some red. Don't get me wrong, I like blue, but we overkill it with the blue pants and jerseys, and it almost looks purple. I do like the classic white tops and bottoms we wear on the road. Classic like Penn State and Texas road unis.

I would also be interested in looking at a deeper blue and red, much more pronounced and distinguishable than the primary colors we wear. But that doesn't mean I would want to change the colors.

Another problem is the variety of State-T logos out there. The one Tech88 uses on his avatar is the classic Tech logo. I see it every which way. Even the Dallas Morning News was using something different in advance of the North Texas game. You don't see varying forms of the Michigan "M" or the Nebraska "N" or the Georgia "G". Let's get it right.

More like, "stuck-in-a-rut", just like the program.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I do like the metallic flakes in the red and white helmets of Rutgers and Louisville last night. They glistened so much I thought it must have rained. I would love to see that in our traditional T-State helmets.

Bulldog bigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around here bigjimfolsom's Avatar

Tyler,

You asaked for metallic flake in the helmet, good news there is some in it at leat when i was there. It was not as heavy of flaking but it was there. The only problem you run into is when you scratch them it is impossible to get the consistency right again.

Jason Martin
    University of Nevada
    Tech '04

I would like to say that I am a bulldog through-and-through. I spend every day in Baton Rouge defending our beloved school from the onslought of rabid Tiger fans. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem keeping our current uniforms, but can't we have a little variety too? Wearing the same thing game in and game out makes us look like we are too broke and pathetic to aford something different, especially when we are on TV. Would it be so terrible to polish our rep a little, especially on a national TV network?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I don't think the problem is the design (which I adore), it's the "cheapness" of the material.

The shiny, silk-screened numbers look terrible. Replace them with some quality raised lettering and this problem is solved.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Wearing the same thing game in and game out makes us look like we are too broke and pathetic to aford something different, especially when we are on TV.
    We are. We just got new jerseys this year but they look the same. A lot of players asked for a red jersey but didn't get it.

Varsity Bulldog Buck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the ears Buck Magnum's Avatar

Notre Dame's uniforms=tradition

Tech's Uniform=Evangel's Home Uniform

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Negative. I can't stand those new age unis that teams like oregon and va tech wear. All we need to update is our AD and Head Coach.
    Make no mistake, those "new age unis" that Oregon and VATECH wear are part of how they market their school. They do not lack tradition, they just have common sense.

Also, "dadawgula", I am disappointed that you played the "tradition card" so early. That argument may be the case with the "Notre Dame's" of the world, but for a struggling "mid-major" that has been rejected for Conference USA membership, a little more "out-of-the-box" thinking is required. To attract future talent, a team "must shine" when there is an opportunity.

How you appear on Television will increase (or dare I say in Ruston) decrease your image with players and coaches alike. I say let's schedule for success and dress for success.

"Gooddawg" thank you for being honest.

To all, please do not be afraid of change, it is the only way we will be successful.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

May be wrong about this, but the last time we changed the design (not colors) was during the Beightol era... He thought we looked out of date too.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

I think the red jersey would be nice idea 1 game a year. Maybe we could bust it our for Homecoming every year. I think the helmet should stay the same. Always red and always with the state T logo. The only thing I might change would be adding the helmet stripe like old times. Whoever said the blue on blue looks bad - I disagree. However, we have not worn blue on blue in 2 or 3 years. I think the blue on blue would be sweet at Homecoming. Our away jerseys are no different than home jersey except the top is blue.

+ Reply to Thread