+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post election euphoria

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Post election euphoria

I worry that as soon as we leave Iraq that idiot Pres. of Iran will send his troops into Iraq. They still hate the Iraqis because of the Saddam era wars ect.... And they would love to almost totally control the worlds oil supply. Then you will see all hell break loose.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I worry that as soon as we leave Iraq that idiot Pres. of Iran will send his troops into Iraq. They still hate the Iraqis because of the Saddam era wars ect.... And they would love to almost totally control the worlds oil supply. Then you will see all hell break loose.

I think most of us fear the same thing. The other possibility is that Iran gets bogged down in it, as well. Those two countries never liked each other and these extremists that are causing the problems would fight them, as well, I believe.

The Middle East is a hard puzzle to solve in many ways. Anytime they are involved in a war, they fight the only way that they can - through terrorism. If we didn't have the advanced technology, money, and military, we might do the same thing. They don't have a way to fight head to head. That makes it extremely dangerous for everyone.

I don't think they are "crazy", I just think they are a whole different culture that we cannot begin to understand, nor can they understand ours. I hope we can do something to calm things down over there, but it is a hornets nest and is likely to continue for a long time.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think most of us fear the same thing. The other possibility is that Iran gets bogged down in it, as well. Those two countries never liked each other and these extremists that are causing the problems would fight them, as well, I believe.

The Middle East is a hard puzzle to solve in many ways. Anytime they are involved in a war, they fight the only way that they can - through terrorism. If we didn't have the advanced technology, money, and military, we might do the same thing. They don't have a way to fight head to head. That makes it extremely dangerous for everyone.

I don't think they are "crazy", I just think they are a whole different culture that we cannot begin to understand, nor can they understand ours. I hope we can do something to calm things down over there, but it is a hornets nest and is likely to continue for a long time.
    Maybe we can sign a treaty with them, kind of like the Munich Agreement that Neville Chamberlain signed with Germany before WW2. That seemed to work out well for everyone.

When in doubt, always appease your enemies to show them you understand and mean them no harm.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

The terrorist have come IN to Iraq AFTER we invaded. Don't you all get it?????
    Whoa there, Champ. I am and always have been against the invasion of Iraq, but Hussein's and the Baathists' links to terrorism are very well-established. The only part of the equation that was disproven were Cheney's ad nauseum insinuations that Hussein had something to do with Bin Ladin's Al Qaeda and/or the 9/11 attacks. But the fact that Hussein directly funded many other terrorist activities, provided safe haven for known and active terrorists, and publicly and privately encouraged terrorist acts is very well documented.

On the other hand, our invasion and continued presence in Iraq is providing an incredible recruiting movement and training ground for MORE terrorists, but that is separate from the fact that Hussein was in bed with terrorists since well before he took over power, and that he only increased those ties during his reign.

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled partisanship.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Whoa there, Champ. I am and always have been against the invasion of Iraq, but Hussein's and the Baathists' links to terrorism are very well-established. The only part of the equation that was disproven were Cheney's ad nauseum insinuations that Hussein had something to do with Bin Ladin's Al Qaeda and/or the 9/11 attacks. But the fact that Hussein directly funded many other terrorist activities, provided safe haven for known and active terrorists, and publicly and privately encouraged terrorist acts is very well documented.

On the other hand, our invasion and continued presence in Iraq is providing an incredible recruiting movement and training ground for MORE terrorists, but that is separate from the fact that Hussein was in bed with terrorists since well before he took over power, and that he only increased those ties during his reign.

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled partisanship.
    I agree with all of the above.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

The terrorist have come IN to Iraq AFTER we invaded. Don't you all get it?????
    No...the one that doesn't get it is you and all your liberal buddies! The terrorist were already there...and they won't "just leave us alone" if we go away.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

...NO ONE IS OFFERING AN OLIVE BRANCH TO THE TERRORISTS.
    THEY DON'T WANT A DAMNED OLIVE BRANCH...THEY WANT A SHARP KNIFE SO THAT THEY CAN REMOVE THE BRAINLESS HEAD OF YOURS FROM YOUR SHOULDERS!

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

A good start for the country will be to be Bolton out of the UN.

Consider it done.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    THEY DON'T WANT A DAMNED OLIVE BRANCH...THEY WANT A SHARP KNIFE SO THAT THEY CAN REMOVE THE BRAINLESS HEAD OF YOURS FROM YOUR SHOULDERS!
    Comments like this one just make me feel SO MUCH better that America realized what needed to be done and did it. This administration has ruled by being the loudest, not by common sense. It is time that we brought intelligence back to this country and this was a first step. I understand Cartek's outrage. He just lost and the Republicans have to hand over the controls now. They had all these years to do something and didn't. Time to let the other party have a chance. Thank goodness that will now happen.

The comments above are reactionary. Instead of being insulted, it just makes me more proud of the American people for seeing what needed to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I agree 100%. But the LIBS/DEMS will never see that reality DAN until they do more reading and studying of Islam and the Koran. Until they do, it's still "Just a beautiful day in the neighborhood" for these folks. I guess ignorant bliss must be nice at times. For that, I envy them a little. Actually, there are times I do not think BUSH gets this picture as well. I just hope he is being a tad more PC in public.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 11-12-2006 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I agree 100%. But the LIBS/DEMS will never see that reality DAN until they do more reading and studying of Islam and the Koran. Until they do, it's still "Just a beautiful day in the neighborhood" for these folks. I guess ignorant bliss must be nice at times. For that, I envy them a little. Actually, there are times I do not think BUSH gets this picture as well. I just hope he is being a tad more PC in public.
    Shouldn't you be saying that this country doesn't get it, instead of "liberals". The message has been sent. Let's see if your folks catch on or continue to think in black and white terms.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Shouldn't you be saying that this country doesn't get it, instead of "liberals". The message has been sent. Let's see if your folks catch on or continue to think in black and white terms.
    OK, can we be realistic here?

1) The dems that were just elected were not, by and large LIBERAL democrats. At least not the ones that replaced republicans. So, you can keep referring to some stupid message the American people sent as much as you want, but this was NOT a vote for liberalism. The democrats as a whole may be liberal, but this country is not, and any attempts to act that way in congress will be blocked by Republicans and conservative Democrats.

Remember, Webb, Lieberman, Shuler, the guy in Montana and even Ford (who lost his race) in Tennessee ran on a foreign policy platform that more resembled Bush's than Kennedy's.

2) If you think we are not involved in a struggle for our very existence against Islamic extremists, you can continue to believe that until they take a sharp knife and remove your head. And that's not a knee jerk reaction by me, either; it's what they do.

If you agree with Nancy Pelosi's politics, you are going to be very disappointed in what comes out of congress.

Your great belief in some political capital the Dems have gotten from this last election pales in comparison to the political capital the Republicans received the last three elections, and you see where that got them! They couldn't even break a Democratic filabuster on Judges (this is going to be fun if the Republicans act childish like the Dems have done for six years).
    Last edited by DawgyNWindow; 11-12-2006 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    OK, can we be realistic here?

1) The dems that were just elected were not, by and large LIBERAL democrats. At least not the ones that replaced republicans. So, you can keep referring to some stupid message the American people sent as much as you want, but this was NOT a vote for liberalism. The democrats as a whole may be liberal, but this country is not, and any attempts to act that way in congress will be blocked by Republicans and conservative Democrats.

Remember, Webb, Lieberman, Shuler, the guy in Montana and even Ford (who lost his race) in Tennessee ran on a foreign policy platform that more resembled Bush's than Kennedy's.

2) If you think we are not involved in a struggle for our very existence against Islamic extremists, you can continue to believe that until they take a sharp knife and remove your head. And that's not a knee jerk reaction by me, either; it's what they do.

If you agree with Nancy Pelosi's politics, you are going to be very disappointed in what comes out of congress.

Your great belief in some political capital the Dems have gotten from this last election pales in comparison to the political capital the Republicans received the last three elections, and you see where that got them! They couldn't even break a Democratic filabuster on Judges (this is going to be fun if the Republicans act childish like the Dems have done for six years).
    First of all, you are assuming that I disagree with the "moderate Democrats". You should go back and really read most of my posts.

I guess we shall just have to see what happens next. Personally, my goal is for us to TRULY fight terrorism, clean up the mess that was created in Iraq, get the deficit down, stop catering to the wealthy, help those in need to get on their feet, get out of people's personal lives, separate church from state, and pay down the deficit.

Now, I want to go back to what I bolded. All of you are insinuating that I do not understand terrorism. Until you walk a day in my shoes, know what is in my head, and have lost the people that I have lost, you don't know ANYTHING about what I think about terrorism. While the Republicans were making things worse in Iraq, terrorism was growing. I TRULY UNDERSTAND TERRORISM.

Liberal? I definitely lean that way, but I have been upfront with my hopes for the future of this country. The Republicans have been in total control and have wasted it. I honestly don't know if the Democrats will do any better, but I sure hope they do.

I responded above to someone stating that "liberals" don't get it. I think it is, probably, the other way around. In fact, that shows by the above 3 or 4 posts. I hope for all our sakes that the Democrats get it. I am not too worried about you guys. None of you have "got it" in a long long time. That won't change.

Now, I would appreciate it if some of you would stop buying into the Republican election campaign of accusing the Democrats of not wanting to fight terrorism. We are Americans just like you and FULLY understand it. We plan to fight the terrorists and do it right - something that hasn't been done by the other party.

Terrorists announce plans to attack U.S.
    Militants declare they're preparing to 'hit Americans without mercy'

Posted: November 12, 2006
    2:36 p.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
    © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

JERUSALEM – Four terror groups here, including militants from Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party, which the U.S. considers moderate, warned today America is now officially a target for attacks both in the region and abroad.
    The terror groups blamed the U.S. for "attacking Muslim land" in Israel, Iraq and Afghanistan, and for providing support to the Israeli Defense Forces, which last week accidentally hit a residential area with artillery fire while trying to stop rockets from being launched from the northern Gaza Strip into nearby Jewish communities.
    Several Palestinian terror leaders in Gaza told WND their organizations will soon lead attacks against U.S. interests.
    (Story continues below)

"We call upon all mujahedeen in Palestine and around the world to start hitting Americans without mercy. The Americans are destroying Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan and are bombarding our Muslim land," read a statement signed by Fatah's Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the Popular Resistance Committees, the Fatah-affiliated Abu Rish Brigades, and a new group calling itself the Brigades of the Believers.
    "The Americans seem not to understand any language but that of blood and violence. We say the Americans have an artificial culture. It is a country that doesn't respect the blood of innocents. Americans only take into consideration the blood of the Jews," read the statement obtained by WND.
    The statement went on the blast the U.S. for vetoing a draft U.N. resolution yesterday condemning an ongoing Israeli military offensive in the Gaza Strip. The resolution demanded Israeli troops pull out of the territory.
    The IDF stepped up operations in Gaza last month following reports hundreds of tons of weapons, including advanced missiles were smuggled into the territory. Since Israel withdrew from Gaza last summers, Palestinian groups there have been regularly firing rockets into neighboring Jewish communities.
    The Israeli army last week used artillery shells to target a site in Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip from which Qassam rockets were fired at a nearby, populated Jewish city. The Israeli shells strayed and hit a residential area about a third of a mile from the targeted zone, killing 19 Palestinians. IDF sources said the army was investigating if the wrong coordinates were fed to the artillery unit and whether the error was human or technical.
    Israel's Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni expressed regret for the deaths, saying Israel did not set out to harm innocent civilians.
    Prime Minister Ehud Olmert apologized for the Palestinian deaths and called for immediate peace talks with Abbas, stating the Palestinian leader "will be surprised at how far I am willing to go."
    Olmert said he is willing to free "many, many Palestinian prisoners."
    U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. John Bolton said yesterday the U.S. was "disturbed" by the Arab-backed draft resolution concerning Israel's Gaza raid, calling the draft "biased against Israel and politically motivated".
    "This resolution does not display an evenhanded characterization of the recent events in Gaza, nor does it advance the cause of Israeli-Palestinian peace," Bolton said.
    'Americans will very soon be subjected to our plans'
    Meanwhile Palestinian terror groups said their organizations will lead attacks against the U.S.
    Abu Ahmed, a senior leader of the Al Aqsa Brigades in Gaza, told WND, "We asked the Palestinian people and the mujahedeen to target Americans. American targets will very soon be subjected to our military plans inside Israel and the territories. We are still deciding whether to only target U.S. interests in Palestine or also abroad."
    Abu Ahmed said some cells of the Al Aqsa Brigades don't support the call to target Americans, but the majority of the Brigades agree the U.S. should be attacked.
    "Most members (of the Brigades) will participate in attacks within Israel and the territories even if some members of our organization don't like this new development (of targeting Americans)," Abu Ahmed said.
    The Al Aqsa Brigades is the declared "military wing" of Abbas' Fatah party. Abu Ahmed is a member of Fatah, which the U.S. largely considers moderate. The U.S. has provided large sums of aid, weaponry and advanced military training to Fatah militants.
    Abu Abir, spokesman for the Popular Resistance Committees, an umbrella of major Palestinian terror groups, told WND his group would target Americans anywhere, including abroad.
    "We will reach Americans either inside or outside. We will not hesitate to target the U.S.," Abu Abir said.
    The Committees spokesman claimed the U.S. was using Israel to test weapons on Palestinian civilians.
    "We have proof of American involvement in Beit Hanoun last week. Every weapon the Americans create, they first give to the Israelis to examine on innocent Palestinian civilians. The U.S. will pay a price for this," Abu Abir said.
    The Committees previously attacked U.S. interests here. In 2003, it bombed an American convoy in Gaza, killing three U.S. contractors. Abu Abir's comments followed a statement last week by Hamas also blaming the U.S. for Palestinian deaths. The statement warned of upcoming Hamas attacks against the U.S. and urged Arabs and Muslims to "teach the American enemy merciless lessons they will not forget."

Comments like this one just make me feel SO MUCH better that America realized what needed to be done and did it. This administration has ruled by being the loudest, not by common sense. It is time that we brought intelligence back to this country and this was a first step. I understand Cartek's outrage. He just lost and the Republicans have to hand over the controls now. They had all these years to do something and didn't. Time to let the other party have a chance. Thank goodness that will now happen.

The comments above are reactionary. Instead of being insulted, it just makes me more proud of the American people for seeing what needed to be done.
    Gary, this has NOTHING to do with the election. Am I upset that conservatives lost? Yeah. However, I am more upset that people like Pelosi think if we just leave them alone they will go away...they won't go away.

You hold yourself out as a liberal, and I can live with that. But the PollyAnna outlook that far too many have about radical Islam is frightening to me and many others that know friendship is the fartherest thing from their mind!

+ Reply to Thread