+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TECH needs to offer

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: TECH needs to offer

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    No offense dude.....but I've got a kid over here in McKinney, TX, who's already got TWICE as many receiving yards as that. He plays Class 4A ball at McKinney North, and he's as fast as greased lightening. His name is David Douglas, and he's already caught 69 passes for 1,112 yds and 10 TD's. That's just about twice the yds your kid has got. Douglas is a clone of Brandon Stokley.

HD
    Last night I witnessed one of the best RECEIVING performances of my life when McKinney North lost to Texas's defending state 4A Champ and current #2 state ranked Highland Park, 35-31. It was a FANTASTIC game, and McKinney North's DAVID DOUGLAS was SENSATIONAL.

For the night, David Douglas caught 14 passes (that's right, I said FOURTEEN pases) for 173 yds and 3 TD's, in a game that went down to the final gun. Douglas finished his season with 83 catches for 1,285 yds and 13 TD's in 11 games. Unbelieveable. I have no doubts that this kid could come to Tech and start immediately. He's better than anybody on Tech's roster today.

By the way, Highland Park was able to win the game primarily due to a fluke play. On a 3rd and 13 play early in the 4th quarter, HP was trailing MN 24-21. The HP QB threw to an HP wideout who had run a "down and out" pattern 13 yds downfield. The ball was "batted away" by a M North defender. Unfortunately, he batted the ball right to a DIFFERENT HP receiver who was running a "straight" pattern down the sideline. The 2nd HP receiver never had to break his stride. He caught it on the run and never looked back. VERY freak play.

HD

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    And I'm gone again.....But always watching:icon_wink:
    I was in the ice cream line at the alumni tent and heard you talking about Chad Beverage tonight in the pre-pre-game show (or whatevery you call it).

Interestingly, his facebook profile--which has been recently updated--still shows him in his Tech gear and with Tech football among his "activities."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

According to Sunday's newspaper, there's been a CORRECTION made to David Douglas' stats for last Friday's Class 4A playoff game against Highland Park.

Douglas is now being credited for making 15 catches, for 193 yds and 3 TD's, in the showdown against the Scotts in front of 20,000 fans. He finishes the season with 84 receptions for 1,305 yds in 11 games. The bad news for us: He's only a junior.

Over the weekend, I was trying to think if I had ever seen a better individual receiving performance than Douglas' on Friday night. Indeed I have, but only once: Troy Edwards' performance against Nebraska in 1998 was clearly better, and ranks as the "all-time" best that I've ever seen. But Douglas' effort against HP was clearly second (for me), and certainly the best at the high school level.

HD

Bump.

I want you north Louisiana folks to see what a REAL receiver recruit looks like.

HD

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Updated info on Lamar Haddox:
    He is transferring from Henderson State to come walk-on for Tech.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    Updated info on Lamar Haddox:
    He is transferring from Henderson State to come walk-on for Tech.
    Interesting. Thank you.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Interesting. Thank you.
    Wow, that is. He sure was fun to watch at RHS. Has he put on some muscle?

+ Reply to Thread