I have never been asked to contribute to CHAMPS. Out of curiousity I went to the website and looked at the CHAMPS brochure. I decided to paste Dr. Reneau's portion of the brochure below. If only his actions followed his words:

"Dear Fellow Tech Alumni:
Despite the unprecedented challenges that our state continues to face, Louisiana Tech University continues to make great strides in our pursuit of excellence in every area of the university. We all know that our university receives much of its public exposure through the performance of our athletic teams. I’m very proud of the student athletes and the way they represent Louisiana Tech both on and off the field of play. Our administrative and coaching staff are dedicated, first-class professionals.

Nothing boosts our spirits and increases our pride like winning athletic competitions, and we all want to help make winning seasons for all of our teams possible. We all know that top-level athletic competition is a very, very expensive business. Quite honestly, with state mandated budget cuts in all of Louisiana Tech’s departments and colleges, your financial support for our athletic teams is more important than ever before. Private and corporate dollars are essential for Tech’s continued growth and success in college athletics.

The athletic programs at Louisiana Tech are tremendously important to the university, and as alumni, we can help provide our programs with vital financial support. Please join Linda and me as members of CHAMPS and support Tech’s 16 intercollegiate sports and the more than 300 student-athletes that represent us on the field of play. It’s a great investment for us…and for Louisiana Tech!

Sincerely,

Daniel D. Reneau, President
Louisiana Tech University"