+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How about Mosley?

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

How about Mosley?

Can we all agree that it is time to start Mosley. At least it would bring some fresher blood to our offense. It's not like we could be any worse. It's time to get rid of Champion.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: How about Mosley?

Not sure if getting rid of Champion is the right thing to do or will help, but we need to make changes just for the sake of trying new things.

Change everything. Play the young guys.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

I'm not saying he's better...just different.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

One thing is for sure. Champion can only be good a one thing, not making mistakes. He isn't a playmaker, when he tries to make plays he makes turnovers. With the D we have this year we need a play maker. Watching Mosley tonight made me believe that he is a playmaker. He hand a TD pass dropped twice tonight. I think we should start him.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I don't agree with starting Mosley over Champion, but I think Mosley should have been brought in WELL before the final possession of the game. I wish they had put him in after the first series in the second half, and let him play with more of the first team guys on the field.

I think I can see Bicknell's perspective on keeping Champion in to get him more seasoned for next year (we have been playing for next year ever since the Idaho game, in case you haven't noticed), but for the VERY SAME REASON, Mosley needs to get more real-game experience. For one, it may help push Champion to play smarter, and will give him some real competition to play better in the offseason. Second, it will give us a seasoned backup if Champion does keep the job next year. If Mosley only ever sees one drive per game, that doesn't really help anyone. That's the kind of crap that got us in this mess to begin with.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

If Champion wasn't ineffective, I wouldn't care...but he is. We're getting blown-out and he turns the ball over. Start Mosley.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy MM#1Fan is on the way down MM#1Fan's Avatar

Champion sucks......he had 11 games to improve and he hasn't So I say put in Mosley!
    MM#1fan

Big Dog Tech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really nice Tech09's Avatar

I thought Mosely should have started the season from watching the spring scrimmage and fall scrimmages. He should have started and finished the second half of the game last night. Next spring the QB position should be wide open with Mosely and Jenkins getting most of the reps. I say this because we know what Zac can do. I'm not knocking Zac we just need to see if there are better options. My .02.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Mosley needs to start for the simple fact that the season is over. Why not get a guy some experience, so he is prepared to play next season. Let's make the change, for the good of our team and program next season.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Mosley looked fine last nite, but remember he was playing against second/third teamers. His last pass to Morris bounced ten yards in front of him. He definitely looked very quick.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Yank Champion!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bjude64 View Post
    Why not get a guy some experience, so he is prepared to play next season.
    I think this is exactly what the coaches believe they are doing. They just are doing it with Champion.

I don't know a lot about football, but I think it is premature to toss Champion completely. I think we are reaping what was sown in keeping him on the bench his first few years and then tossing him into the fray as a starter. This is EXACTLY why Mosley needs more reps. He needs a chance to lead AT LEAST 2 or 3 drives in a row per game. Not this one drive at the end thing.

Champion has been required to do all of his maturing while also being asked to lead the team. It was STUPID to put him that situation. He should have been getting increasing amounts of game experience the last couple of years, and a lot last year, to let him mature in the skills needed to manage games, and THEN elevate him to starter this year to let him learn to lead.

I think Champion also has some intagible qualities that the coaches like, and that may be one of the bigger reasons he got the nod over Mosley. I just hope that Mosley sticks with it and gets his turn to take the reins.

Puppy SMR00 has turned a few heads around hereSMR00 has turned a few heads around here

how bout we just gove mosley a chance... it couldn't get any worse!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

How about Broderson? Give him a chance against Fresno. Who knows, we might find a diamond in the rough. (Note- I am not saying don't play Zac. I just want to see Broderson get some play time as well)

+ Reply to Thread