+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Response in the RDL to my Nov. 5 Letter to The Editor

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Response in the RDL to my Nov. 5 Letter to The Editor

Here is a resonse to my Nov. 5 letter published this past Sunday, Nov. 19.

http://www.rustonleader.com/letters.php

All I can say is "Wow!"

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Response in the RDL to my Nov. 5 Letter to The Editor

I saw that, too. Classic example of why there is a good chance that nothing will change.

We are "forced" to merely balance the budget?

The only thing small-time about Tech athletics is the mindset of those with influence.

Last time I checked, we were a national university. To me, that means that our potential fanbase is much larger than Lincoln Parish.

Big Dog Tech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really nice Tech09's Avatar

That guy is dilusional. He is looking at this like high school athletics.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is the mindset of both those and charge and the large majority of the community.

This is the reason why things will never, ever change.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech09 View Post
    That guy is dilusional. He is looking at this like high school athletics.
    He is looking at it the way our ADMINISTRATION looks at it.

Also, am I right to assume that the author bears some relationship to J.C. Love?

Varsity Bulldog johnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around here johnnyba99's Avatar

Seriously?????

Continue the sunshine pumping there oblivious Mr. Love.
    Last edited by johnnyba99; 11-21-2006 at 11:54 AM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

This Jimmy Love dude is Clueless in Ruston.

Can somebody give us some background on this guy?

He also leaned a little heavy on the "student" athlete thing. Does he not know that we are one of 2% of all programs to lose scholarships due to poor academic ratings?

The emperor is so unbelievably naked, and there's not a thing we can do about it.

Varsity Bulldog cavedawg is an unknown

Jimmy's got a few million laying aruond . Maybe he could come off some of it to help out .

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Also, am I right to assume that the author bears some relationship to J.C. Love?
    That would be correct. You can tell the pressure is having effect when JO feels the need to call on one of his big guns to defend him.

Someone needs to compose a re-rebuttal and pick apart the defense point by point.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

I love how he justifies the money games. He's basically saying that we are obligated to send our football team out to slaughter (i.e. Tennessee, Nebraska, Florida State, etc) for the mere reason that we need to keep our athletic department from losing money.
    What ever happened to a little bit of hard work and ingenuity to raise money from other sources than sending your guys to play against Top 10 opponents? Corporate sponsors... Hello????
    He basically comes out and says that the entire goal of athletics is to break even? Wow. I just wish that the athletic department had the same type of goals as the engineering department and the graduate schools.
    The truth is that the people who possess the same line of thought as that guy are in the majority. It's sad, but I think it's true. The people who want athletics to excel (like the people who post on this board) are in the minority.

The fact of the matter is that we are fighting an uphill battle.... against Ruston and against Tech in general.

Don't read this as a defeatist attitude. Read it as what it is. We've got our work cut out for us, but, hey, we already knew that.

TF!

Quote Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
    I love how he justifies the money games. He's basically saying that we are obligated to send our football team out to slaughter (i.e. Tennessee, Nebraska, Florida State, etc) for the mere reason that we need to keep our athletic department from loosing money.
    What ever happened to a little bit of hard work and ingenuity to raise money from other sources than sending your guys to play against Top 10 opponents? Corporate sponsors... Hello????
    He basically comes out and says that the entire goal of athletics is to break even? Wow. I just wish that the athletic department had the same type of goals as the engineering department and the graduate schools.
    The truth is that the people who possess the same line of thought as that guy are in the majority. It's sad, but I think it's true. The people who want athletics to excel (like the peopel who post on this board) are in the minority.

The fact of the matter is that we are fighting an uphill battle.... against Ruston and against Tech in general.

Don't read this as a defeatist attitude. Read it as what it is. We've got our work cut out for us, but, hey, we already knew that.

TF!
    You're exactly right. The whole "vision" for Tech athletics only extends as far as the next July, when the new budget starts. There is no commitment to build Tech athletics for the future. The classic example is turning down a great deal with Baylor to pursue a short-term payoff.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I'm guessing JOAKES wrote the letter and got Jimmy Love to send it in over his signature ??

Typical small-town tactic.

Seen it done time and again.

jmo

THE JOAKES ON US ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I'm guessing JOAKES wrote the letter and got Jimmy Love to send it in over his signature ??

Typical small-town tactic.

Seen it done time and again.

jmo

THE JOAKES ON US ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    I think I've already responded to this post elsewhere...:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread