+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Band at football games

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Band at football games

The pretty ones aren't. :icon_wink:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Agreed, but I am not arguing that the band should be moved. I am fine with where they are and I think they do a great job. I'm just saying do your best wherever you are. Bloom where you are planted. In life you can't just pack it in and not try or pick up your toys and go home whenever things don't go 100% your way. Rus-La is probably just fired up about it and I am sure he will do a great job wherever he sits.
    I see what you're saying, and if anyone wants to sit with some alumni that don't sit down (except for injuries), then you are welcome to come join the pound in section OO. We don't sit down and we don't shut up. And we might even have a banner :bigcry: . You can't be too old, and you can't be too young.

If you need some Pound shirts, I have 2 XL's and Super Dave should have a box of other sizes. (Gonzo, if Dave can't make the first game, see if he'll give you the box of shirts.)

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    The pretty ones aren't. :icon_wink:
    Only during timeouts.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Besides... The BoP IS TECH's Spirit section.

What are the Cheerleader's at TECH during football games??
    Agreed, the BoP is absolutely one of the most important pieces of the atmosphere at Football and Basketball games. I guess I missed out on why they are being moved. Can anyone fill me in? I think moving the band is a terrible idea, and don't see any purpose in it. Having them in the middle of the student section is what UNITES US!!! Without the BoP (Hoop Troop as well) The games would be DEAD!!! There's only so much a group of crazy blue people can do to get the crowd going...it takes a LARGE, CRAZY, SPIRITED GROUP OF MUSICIANS TO GET THINGS STIRRED UP!!!

And to answer your question, they are following the band.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Agreed, the BoP is absolutely one of the most important pieces of the atmosphere at Football and Basketball games. I guess I missed out on why they are being moved. Can anyone fill me in? I think moving the band is a terrible idea, and don't see any purpose in it. Having them in the middle of the student section is what UNITES US!!! Without the BoP (Hoop Troop as well) The games would be DEAD!!! There's only so much a group of crazy blue people can do to get the crowd going...it takes a LARGE, CRAZY, SPIRITED GROUP OF MUSICIANS TO GET THINGS STIRRED UP!!!

And to answer your question, they are following the band.
    you would need to ask the athletic dept

(ps. some other alternative moves were suggested)

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Does anyone remember how much more intensity was created when the band was moved from the north 20 to the 50? I still say the intensity will drop a little if, or I guess now since, moved... but it'll take little time to get back...

I won't be there anymore. But'll still support Tech how I can... Am putting school on hold for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Does anyone remember how much more intensity was created when the band was moved from the north 20 to the 50? I still say the intensity will drop a little if, or I guess now since, moved... but it'll take little time to get back...

I won't be there anymore. But'll still support Tech how I can... Am putting school on hold for now.
    You aren't coming to the games this year??

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    You aren't coming to the games this year??
    not likely

not likely
    Thanks for the explanation. Best of luck to you.

If you do get to come to any, just let me know if you need tickets.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Went on UCA's msg board, looks like they are sending a 50 piece pep band. Wondering will the BOP be in uniform?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

you will all but destory the atmosphere the band tries to create because the band members themselves would "revolt" and not put their 100% in it anymore...
    very untrue. Robken would not let that happen. There are a few members in the band who could care less bout the game, but i can guarantee you, the BOP will be just as loud(maybe louder), just as spirited, and still as crazy as we have been in the past, no matter where we sit. Im just excited to sit next to the visitors section!

This should be funnn!

And as far as the question about the uniforms, who knows? You should know as well as any band member that those decisions are made about a week in advance. I remember a september 6th game vs. nevada a few years ago when 30 band members were administered by paramedics due to heat related problems before the game was over. So, it all depends on whether or not Robken wants to worry about heat problems.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Went on UCA's msg board, looks like they are sending a 50 piece pep band. Wondering will the BOP be in uniform?
    LOL what do you think?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    very untrue. Robken would not let that happen. There are a few members in the band who could care less bout the game, but i can guarantee you, the BOP will be just as loud(maybe louder), just as spirited, and still as crazy as we have been in the past, no matter where we sit. Im just excited to sit next to the visitors section!

This should be funnn!

And as far as the question about the uniforms, who knows? You should know as well as any band member that those decisions are made about a week in advance. I remember a september 6th game vs. nevada a few years ago when 30 band members were administered by paramedics due to heat related problems before the game was over. So, it all depends on whether or not Robken wants to worry about heat problems.
    We had a hot Tulsa game a few years back when I was in school...a few members had problems with the heat. I don't know how the guys who went out partying all night were fine but the guys who didn't party just fell apart in the sun. I had a hangover on gameday and faired well.

I think they should be in uniform...with the coats off while in the stands. All major southern college bands wear their uniforms why not Tech. Plus it's a night game, shouldn't be a problem....not a 2 o'clock or noon like the Nevada game.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    LOL what do you think?
    I think they should...

They're not as tough as you and me back when we were in band. Remember how we would go out to Rabb's all night long, wake up and set up the practice field/stadium at 7am...then do a whole day of football. Germ, they're a different breed of kids. The pokimon generation I call them.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    We had a hot Tulsa game a few years back when I was in school...a few members had problems with the heat. I don't know how the guys who went out partying all night were fine but the guys who didn't party just fell apart in the sun. I had a hangover on gameday and faired well.

I think they should be in uniform...with the coats off while in the stands. All major southern college bands wear their uniforms why not Tech. Plus it's a night game, shouldn't be a problem....not a 2 o'clock or noon like the Nevada game.

I forgot that all of our home games are night games. We will DEFINATELY be in full uniform then. At least when were doing the pregame festivities and halftime.

Although we would kick things off about 3:30-4 and it will still be HOT around then. Oh well, we will find out who drank enough water like they were told. I drank 17 bottles of water that Sept. 6 game a few years ago and only used the facilities once. Talk about being soaked with sweat.

+ Reply to Thread