+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Band at football games

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Band at football games

Initially it'll be hot, but marching from JAS to the president's house and to the stadium isn't bad. Then once 7 pm hits...the sun will be behind the stadium. I think the polo's look bad when you have 3rd/4th year members who been wearing the same shirt since freshman year.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

To the guys who have been bitching and moaning for years about the band being front and center on the 50, you'd better step up in a big way and bring friends to fill the gap. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Don't f*** with the BoP, that's my motto.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Don't f*** with the BoP, that's my motto.
    frog??

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Someone say frog?! mmmm.... I miss that magical green concoction.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    frog??
    Fork.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

The student section should move with us. We need you crazy blue people.

first they move the away team to the other side(WAC decsion) then the band gets moved(wack decision), whats next? Are they going to move tailgate alley to the football field and play the game in the paring lot? that would be fun to watch.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    first they move the away team to the other side(WAC decsion) then the band gets moved(wack decision), whats next?
    That's not quite the truth. I think that we are the ONLY WAC school to do this. Everyone else made other adjustments to my knowledge.

We could have left the team where they were by just making the 1,500 seats behind the away team general admission. (The BoP would still of had to move.)

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I was under the impression that the reason the teams had to move to the other side was because a disgruntled fan at a WAC game threw something at the team. They were moving the away team away from student sections. That was the impression i was given.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Initially it'll be hot, but marching from JAS to the president's house and to the stadium isn't bad.
    Apparently you have never carried a set of tenors on that little stroll.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Apparently you have never carried a set of tenors on that little stroll.
    Nope, but I have done stuff much more strenuous than that in my life.

In your days in the band, do you ever remember the trumpet section refusing to play the fight song in a parade?

In your days in the band, do you ever remember the trumpet section refusing to play the fight song in a parade?
    Not that I recall, I just took care of my section. No wimps allowed in the btone section when I was there. We prob had the best btone section in the state of LA in 00-01 (majority of AR/LA allstate players)

Well now, if we have played the fight song a couple of times, they play the intro then put their horns down. When asked why, i was told that their lips hurt. (boo hoo) If you had any idea how bad that infuriates the drumline. We have to play non-stop from the time we warm-up till we get dismissed.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Well now, if we have played the fight song a couple of times, they play the intro then put their horns down. When asked why, i was told that their lips hurt. (boo hoo) If you had any idea how bad that infuriates the drumline. We have to play non-stop from the time we warm-up till we get dismissed.
    ...which I would be proud about and a fact that I probably would not use to go at a former BoP member who I can say first hand carried his own wait and others while he was there...but that's just me.

In the 80's, electrodes were hooked up to a tenor player of a major drum corps...although I can't seem to remember which one...to monitor vital signs, etc. during the performance. Said tenor player exerted in 15 minutes (including warm-up) the same amount of energy as a marathon runner at mile 16. (not that BoP shows are that strenuous )

+ Reply to Thread