+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Band at football games

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Band at football games

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    ...which I would be proud about and a fact that I probably would not use to go at a former BoP member who I can say first hand carried his own wait and others while he was there...but that's just me.

In the 80's, electrodes were hooked up to a tenor player of a major drum corps...although I can't seem to remember which one...to monitor vital signs, etc. during the performance. Said tenor player exerted in 15 minutes (including warm-up) the same amount of energy as a marathon runner at mile 16. (not that BoP shows are that strenuous )
    gotta love elevator drills

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    ...which I would be proud about and a fact that I probably would not use to go at a former BoP member who I can say first hand carried his own wait and others while he was there...but that's just me.

In the 80's, electrodes were hooked up to a tenor player of a major drum corps...although I can't seem to remember which one...to monitor vital signs, etc. during the performance. Said tenor player exerted in 15 minutes (including warm-up) the same amount of energy as a marathon runner at mile 16. (not that BoP shows are that strenuous )
    I saw it on PBS during the yearly televised DCI games...i think it was done in the 90s.

ITdrummer, if those guys are whining. Throw a stick at them. Many in the band are from N.O....the president parade to the stadium should be nothing compared to marching in a Mardi Gras parade.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I saw it on PBS during the yearly televised DCI games...i think it was done in the 90s.
    Thanks. I'm getting so old that the 90's are starting to feel like the 80's.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

I think my favorite memory of the BoP was at one of our home games last year. It got kinda quiet all of a sudden, and then from out of nowhere, the drum section started chanting, "STAND UP WOOD-WINDS! (clap clap clapclapclap) It was absolutely hilarious.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

ahhh yes, and ill call it up again this year if they decide to be lazy.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

And if we are able to, The Blue will most definitely be moving with the band! There's too much energy NOT to! I still think it's stupid that y'all got moved. Any reasoning behind it?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Wow, won't play past the intro huh? Bunch of primadonnas. My favorite thing was on the game with all the paramedic trips a few years ago the people dropping out were not the drumline, not the tuba section, but.....wait for it......the flutes and clarinets. To this day I don't understand it, as the Tuba Section leader at the time I was super proud of my section.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Wow, won't play past the intro huh? Bunch of primadonnas. My favorite thing was on the game with all the paramedic trips a few years ago the people dropping out were not the drumline, not the tuba section, but.....wait for it......the flutes and clarinets. To this day I don't understand it, as the Tuba Section leader at the time I was super proud of my section.
    I'm always most proud of 1) The Drumline 2) The Tubas. (Sorry German, gotta give it up for my fellow drummers) But Tech games just would not be the same without you guys, PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    I'm always most proud of 1) The Drumline 2) The Tubas. (Sorry German, gotta give it up for my fellow drummers) But Tech games just would not be the same without you guys, PERIOD!
    yeah that would be my order too. I love having the tubas sit right behind us. They help us out with cheers.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    As I remember, yes it was the woodwinds and trumpets who were passing out. Too much air-conditioning in the summer, made them soft.

As I remember, yes it was the woodwinds and trumpets who were passing out. Too much air-conditioning in the summer, made them soft.
    I agree with German, I will never understand how the people carrying the heaviest equipment and the people doing the most in the heat are always the last ones to complain.

IT, I don't know how much pull you have, but I hope you guys play more modern songs. Rock, Hip Hop...something that is IN.

IT, I don't know how much pull you have, but I hope you guys play more modern songs. Rock, Hip Hop...something that is IN.
    Rumored that we will be playing a NIN song this year. "Hand that Feeds"

You know as well as i do that it is hard to get the man to do stuff like that. I sit quietly and dont complain much, but im tired of playing johhny B. Goode, mustang sally, everybody wants you, etc. We are there to entertain. granted the songs are classics, but the newer generation wants to hear newer music. I agree with you 100%

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Rumored that we will be playing a NIN song this year. "Hand that Feeds"

You know as well as i do that it is hard to get the man to do stuff like that. I sit quietly and dont complain much, but im tired of playing johhny B. Goode, mustang sally, everybody wants you, etc. We are there to entertain. granted the songs are classics, but the newer generation wants to hear newer music. I agree with you 100%
    I agree. Thats why bands like (usc, ucla, grambling, etc) gets on tv, movie, commercial...they give what their fans want to hear.

I don't care what y'all play. No matter what comes out, it's music to this Gorilla's ears!

+ Reply to Thread