+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Band at football games

Puppy PearlDawg has turned a few heads around herePearlDawg has turned a few heads around here PearlDawg's Avatar

Re: Band at football games

It will be interesting to see what the visiting teams' fans do when the student section moves with the band into "their" section because it will inevidably happen. I know that is where I will be. I guess it will just make it easier to piss them off.

Oh and I totally agree with drumline and tubas being in the top of who has to work the hardest! I have to give it up to my fellow percussionists, I know that just playing in the spring game was a work out... and tubas weigh more than I know I could hold.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Man, the drumline and tuba players are going to have fun with the opposing fans.

Puppy PearlDawg has turned a few heads around herePearlDawg has turned a few heads around here PearlDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Man, the drumline and tuba players are going to have fun with the opposing fans.

That's an understatment.... they will now be sandwiched between drunk frat guys and the band .... it's gonna be a fun season!!!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

What a sight!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Good picture. Does anone have any good pictures with the band in the stands?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDawg View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the visiting teams' fans do when the student section moves with the band into "their" section because it will inevidably happen. I know that is where I will be. I guess it will just make it easier to piss them off.
    If you tell them that they are going to have to move, be sure to have reinforcements, especially if we are playing McNeese.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Since the band is moving, NOW is the time to get the home team back on the HOME side. Open 1500 general admission in section O where the band was.

Problem solved.... right??

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Would the "stoodents" be able to sit there for free?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Not that I recall, I just took care of my section. No wimps allowed in the btone section when I was there. We prob had the best btone section in the state of LA in 00-01 (majority of AR/LA allstate players)
    That was such a HOSS section. The players that weren't all state were all good players with a tough attitude and everybody marched well.

The section shirt was the mock of the football/army workout t-shirt and it fit that year's section perfectly.

Two of those all state players were NATIONAL level.

That's the best b-tone section I've ever seen in any band.

Ant Jackson was the section leader and he and Quang made a big difference in my life.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Good picture. Does anone have any good pictures with the band in the stands?
    I didn't take them but here is one.
    Last edited by JAB; 11-12-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Check these... see if you like them.

http://www.michaelsportfolio.com/index.html

Michael Boyd is a Bulldawg in training. He goes to the games to drink beer and take pictures.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 09-07-2007 at 09:50 AM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wish the band bring back the state-t formation. It was beautiful. If they end every halftime show with that...they'll get a standing ovation.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I wish the band bring back the state-t formation. It was beautiful. If they end every halftime show with that...they'll get a standing ovation.

Agreed... It was fun being on the Sabine River, never spent much time there until then!

Everyone can help recruiting for the band! Any chance you get, flood the area schools with Tech stuff. Also, when the band has audition days or the Ark-La-Tech band conference, give them info. Give them info anyway, all the time. One will come, then others will start when they hear how WONDERFULLY GREAT things are!

Not exactly. SOMEONE... no names... would have to point out the the colors are exactly right, or that someone is not on the spot actually making it not the trademarked state T.

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

In your days in the band, do you ever remember the trumpet section refusing to play the fight song in a parade?

Its a matter of saving lip, when they run out of lip, they sound like crap, eveyone does. there are only around 10 of those trumpet guys that can play it back to back to back when the drumline rolls off.

I do know, acouple of them are my friends, that they do run before band camp starts, getting around 30 minutes straight of jogging before band camp starts, to get in shape. I think the whole band should do something like this....it would really cut on heat related problems.

I'll probably get some red for that...

+ Reply to Thread