+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Tech & Sunbelt

Varsity Bulldog rcajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: LA Tech & Sunbelt

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The WAC is the best non-BCS conference right now. Yeah, it's probably the "flavor of the month" and next year the MAC may return to football greatness, er, goodness. But, clearly with TWO teams ranked in the Top 25, and with Nevada hovering nearby, the WAC is the best.

Nevada is also ranked in MBB.

When Tech was first selected to join the WAC, back in 2000, I guess the announcement was made, the naysayers, the Belchers and worse, the old southland gang, were posting how stupid it was, blah, blah, blah....I said then as I say now, there is nothing wrong with the WAC, the question has been, and remains, is Tech worthy enough to be in it?

I suppose the best option for Tech, and for ULL, would be to get into a regional conference that would include Tulane, USM, Houston, Rice, SMU, etc....I don't think anyone can argue against that being best. Until that happens, Tech is best off remaining in the WAC...and finding a new AD that will get our house in order.
    There is no question the WAC is a better conference than the Belt and I thought it was a great move for Tech when they went to the WAC. My question is down the road. If the teams in the WAC that want to leave are given the chance to do so then the WAC will not look very good and Tech might want to consider the Belt or if possible a CUSA with UL and perhaps UNT in it. I don't think the WAC is the future for Tech nor is the Belt the future for the Cajuns.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rcajun90 View Post
    There is no question the WAC is a better conference than the Belt and I thought it was a great move for Tech when they went to the WAC. My question is down the road. If the teams in the WAC that want to leave are given the chance to do so then the WAC will not look very good and Tech might want to consider the Belt or if possible a CUSA with UL and perhaps UNT in it. I don't think the WAC is the future for Tech nor is the Belt the future for the Cajuns.
    I really don't see CUSA ever happening for Tech, it is and was before a pipe dream, a myth perpetuated by reneau and oakes.

Varsity Bulldog rcajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I really don't see CUSA ever happening for Tech, it is and was before a pipe dream, a myth perpetuated by reneau and oakes.
    The thing is that CUSA is starting to look less like a paradise and just another island.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

There is much speculation on the Sunbelt board about Tech might be heading to the Sunbelt. Many of the schools are against Tech but I for one would like to see UL and Tech in the same conference if it is the Belt or CUSA. CUSA isn't what it use to be and the Belt has improved in football. I would like to see Tech, Tulane, UCF, UL and USM in the same conference. What do you guys think about your future conference?
    I'd rather ULL, UNT and ASU join the WAC.

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Understand that when UNT was approached about joining the WAC it was "no thanks" solo but an EWAC with Tech, UNT, NMSU and 3 other regional teams would get a "yes". WAC said no and invited Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I thought all those schools were approached and said no.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

or if possible a CUSA with UL and perhaps UNT in it.
    Louisville is gone to the Big East and is not going back to CUSA.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Look who's feeling salty now that his Sooners made it to the Big 12 championship. I bet Jimbo was fired up with his team as well.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Look who's feeling salty now that his Sooners made it to the Big 12 championship. I bet Jimbo was fired up with his team as well.
    The "sooner" in my name is because my family hails from Oklahoma and were, in fact, sooners. It has nothing to do with crimson and cream. You know that.

Yes, Jimbeaux was happy with the Aggies. His pitching coach tries to talk Jim out of TAM every Sunday. Today was no different, just more futile.

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

I thought all those schools were approached and said no.
    UNT was approached, then UL-Lafayette was approached, and some interest shown to ASU. Idaho did not get the necessary votes for admission and Benson again made contact & the EWAC was suggested. WAC said no and took another vote on Idaho and admitted them.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You want reality? Compare our conference distribution this year to any belt school of your choice. You people who think the sunbelt is the answer need to apply for jobs with the administration. That small-time thinking is why we are where we are. If you're all about the sunbelt, you need to start a campaign to keep Oakes because if he stays around that's exactly where we'll be. Then I'm sure you'll love the fact that you're in a regional conference where we'll be an also-ran there as well.

How many times do I have to say this?

THE WAC IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!

The problem is the political appointee with the apparent lifetime appointment.
    EXCELLENT POST!!!

Today, the WAC has two teams (Boise and Hawaii) in the Top 25, and one going to a BCS bowl that has a minimum payout of $13 MILLION to BSU & the WAC. Fifty years from now, the Sunbelt still will not have achieved as much in one season.

The WAC is NOT the problem. Louisiana Tech's problems are all INTERNAL, and fixable.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Who said anything about Louisville?

Who said anything about Louisville?

You did.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Lets get rid of these stupid tales. Only UNT was actually approached to join the WAC. NOt ULL NOT MTN. They were mentioned as a possible inticement to UNT but when UNT said no is when Idaho was offered. None of these other teams were approached. I Repeat ULL did not turn down the WAC like many on there board would like you to believe when they try to claim superiority over Tech. They were mentioned but were NEVER offered so they DID NOT refuse anything because it was never offered to them. That distinction belongs only to UNT>

+ Reply to Thread