+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daniel Porter

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Daniel Porter

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    On top of that, many of our running plays are so telegraphed, Tomlinson would have a difficult time gaining yards.
    that aggrivates me more than anything when I'm watching Tech play.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    that aggrivates me more than anything when I'm watching Tech play.
    Zac is not a very good runner, but he had nice success against Fresno. Can anybody guess why?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Zac is not a very good runner, but he had nice success against Fresno. Can anybody guess why?
    Hmmm, somebody put a scorpion in his jock?

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I was against pulling WG's redshirt before it happened, but it doesn't seem like a waste to me. The waste has been not giving him enough touches after that. If PJ had gone down again we would have had only 1 RB with any game experience without WG. Instead we had 2 good RBs on reserve.

The waste came AFTER the redshirt was pulled. DP and WG should have been getting more touches this season, period. Yes, PJ was playing better (which seemed to be "pushed" by two freshmen playing well in his place), so he should have continued to get the most, but the young guys needed more touches to help them develop.

In any event, WG, who would not have likely stayed in Ruston 5 years one way or the other, has some experience under his belt for next year. Was it a waste to pull his redshirt? No. Was it a waste to only give him a handful of touches after his redshirt was pulled? Yes. The two are separate.
    Sorry - I should have made my point a little better. The part bolded above is why I was, and still am, pissed about them playing him this season. I knew they wouldn't play him enough to justify taking this year away. Our coaches seem to have no clue about how to utilize the talent on the roster. Hell, take a look at Moats. They found out he was good and then ran him in the ground. Or, a player shows flashes of greatness one week and doesn't play the next. IF Griffin would have gotten 10+ touches a game, then I would have no problem with the decision. Of course, it's all water under the bridge at this point. Just wanted to clarify.

+ Reply to Thread