+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Former La Tech assistants success

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Former La Tech assistants success

I carpool to work with 3 BYU grads. BYU is going to the Las Vegas Bowl to play Oregon. One of them said he was reading an article that talked about how Gary Crowton (OC at Oregon) and Bronco Mendenhall (HC at BYU) were together at La Tech. Please use this thread to list former La Tech assistants, years at La Tech, who they served under, where they are now located, and how successful have they become.

1. Bronco Mendenhall, 1997, secondary coach, HC was Gary Crowton, now HC at BYU, BYU is ranked #21 in the nation this year at 10-2 with the only two lost being to Arizone by 3 points and Boston College in overtime. BYU has won 9 straight games; they are MWC champs with an 8-0 record and are going to the Las Vegas Bowl.

http://www.byucougars.com/athletic_d...denhall_b.html

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Former La Tech assistants success

Pete Carmichael Jr.-QB coach for the #1 New Orleans Saints

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/coac...fm?coachid=321
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Clint Conque-HC University of Central Arkansas

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?s...bio&staffid=17

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Read Conque's profile, I like the fact that he drew the biggest crowd ever at UCA's stadium.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Mickey Slaughter. Now a successful entrepreneur residing in Ruston, LA.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Jimmy Johnson, national champion - miami hurricanes, 2 time superbowl champion - dallas cowboys, current anal- lyst on fox nfl.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    Jimmy Johnson, national champion - miami hurricanes, 2 time superbowl champion - dallas cowboys, current anal- lyst on fox nfl.
    When was he an assistant at Tech?

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Mickey Slaughter. Now a successful entrepreneur residing in Ruston, LA.
    Coach Mick - what years were you at Tech?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    I think he began his coaching at Tech...something like a D-Line coach in the mid-60's if memory serves me correctly (I wasn't around then, but I read that somewhere).

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    Mid 1960's. Coach Aillet and the Tech assistants attended an off season seminar at the Univeristy of Arkansas, where an Arkansas grad assistant named Jimmy Johnson had a presentation that impressed Coach Aillet. At the beginning of the next season, one of the Tech assistants got sick and Coach Aillet remembered Johnson. He called him up and offered him a job to replace the assistant.

Jimmy and his wife moved to Tech and stayed in the apartment in the northwest corner of Hale Hall for the year. He moved on after that year. There was a photo in that year's Lagniappe with "Coach Johnson" and Joe Raymond Peace as a player.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

BEAZ-I was hired by Maxie Lambright in 1967 to coach QB's @ Tech. In 1968, I became the OC. I served in that position for Coach Lambright until 1979. By the way, Coach Lambright was my high school football coach at Bolton HS of Alexandria & he left Bolton for USM in 1959, the year I graduated from Bolton. Tech hired Coach Lambright from USM where he had served as the OC for several years as he was a QB at USM many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    BEAZ-I was hired by Maxie Lambright in 1967 to coach QB's @ Tech. In 1968, I became the OC. I served in that position for Coach Lambright until 1979. By the way, Coach Lambright was my high school football coach at Bolton HS of Alexandria & he left Bolton for USM in 1959, the year I graduated from Bolton. Tech hired Coach Lambright from USM where he had served as the OC for several years as he was a QB at USM many years ago.
    You ever make it down to Alexandria anymore coach?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I think I heard that Bobby Bowden was on staff at one point, perhaps as a GA? Any truth to this rumor?

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

JL-not since my father passed away two years ago & my mother moved to TN to be near my sister.

+ Reply to Thread