+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting suggestion

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Posting suggestion

Hey Chris, and others who have the say, I have a suggestion. I'm a member of another board that has a feature that might be good for the site here. They don't allow a new member to start a new thread until they've posted a certain number of times. I think that this would be good as it would allow others to read awhile and enteract awhile before posting topics that have been discussed and are being discussed. It would also limit the influx of people I think we're going to see once this season is over who wish to antagonize us as well as the flamers who just come on here to start crap and then leave. At least if they want to flame, they will have to have been here long enough to endure the responses. What do you guys think? Is that even a possible feature for this board? What does everyone else think about this idea?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Posting suggestion

Have you been on this board long enough to start this thread?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Have you been on this board long enough to start this thread?
    Not lately.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

It is easy to incorporate. The feature is already available. It can be based upon a length of time OR a certain number of posts.

The real question is whether or not we want to incorporate it.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    It is easy to incorporate. The feature is already available. It can be based upon a length of time OR a certain number of posts.

I sort of figured that. That's why I asked you guys what you thought about it. It might be more appealing if you could base it on someone's profession and name, like say someone in the field of forensics who might call himself Doc.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I sort of figured that. That's why I asked you guys what you thought about it. It might be more appealing if you could base it on someone's profession and name, like say someone in the field of forensics who might call himself Doc.
    That's what we need. We need Doc to post on this board. Vettesis would lose her job for sure. All he wants to know is why we are losing at everything but bowling, and who is responsible. He said we need to hire Billy Beane "to run the show."

Yes, Doc should get immediate thread starting privileges.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I think it's a good idea, too. It would also save the mods from having to delete the phishing/spamming/advertising threads that get started.

The down side is that folks like the guy from WAC.tv would have trouble, and I actually found that thread useful. Hmmm.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Well that's all fine and dandy... but how do I start threads anyways??

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Well that's all fine and dandy... but how do I start threads anyways??
    You don't need to start threads to have credibility, Doc. Just look at Coach Mick! :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    You don't need to start threads to have credibility, Doc. Just look at Coach Mick! :icon_wink:

Who says that starting threads is a sign of credibility. Heck, I've started tons of threads.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post

I agree with the suggestion. Make it based on tiime and number of posts, if possible.
    Go Tech!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I don't like the idea.
    If the thread maker is a flamer it won't take long to figure it out.
    And if the Thread Maker is a true Tech fan you don't want to run them off. (this is the most important point)

If something has already been posted on another thread the people (the guys/gals) that are here alot should just post a link to the other thread.

Remember, this site alone can created more excitement about Louisiana Tech Athletics than anything else in ALOT of people. Including myself.

IMHO
    Limiting posts or threads is bad. Very, very bad. I realize there is no Constitutional Right here but remember this, when people are told they can't speak they will never listen.

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN View Post
    I don't like the idea.
    If the thread maker is a flamer it won't take long to figure it out.
    And if the Thread Maker is a true Tech fan you don't want to run them off. (this is the most important point)

If something has already been posted on another thread the people (the guys/gals) that are here alot should just post a link to the other thread.

Remember, this site alone can created more excitement about Louisiana Tech Athletics than anything else in ALOT of people. Including myself.

IMHO
    Limiting posts or threads is bad. Very, very bad. I realize there is no Constitutional Right here but remember this, when people are told they can't speak they will never listen.
    Yeah, you don't want to run any Tech people off. However, my thoughts were that if they were Tech people, they will still post. They can participate in other threads, and then when they've posted enough, they can start threads. I doubt Tech fans that haven't been here before are coming to see what it's all about. For most, starting a topic would be the last thing they want to do. However, I do see your point that if some of them felt comfortable enough to start a thread before they had the ability to do so, it could be a deterrent to them staying around. That's why I wanted everyone's opinions. Regardless of how wrong you guys are.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I don't know... Is there really that much spam hitting the forums? I would hate to see threads like the Berkley guy's go away...

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I don't know... Is there really that much spam hitting the forums? I would hate to see threads like the Berkley guy's go away...
    Good point.

+ Reply to Thread