+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remember when...

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Re: Remember when...

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think he was responding to the other poster that stated we might should "re-think" that, not to you.

Oh uh, yeah you are probably right. I have had a long day at work...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    Oh uh, yeah you are probably right. I have had a long day at work...
    :icon_wink: I am sure he won't mind.

2006 BB&B Women's Bracket Contest Champion SDDawg has turned a few heads around hereSDDawg has turned a few heads around here SDDawg's Avatar

Going to a Sears in the Bronx to get Spoon's autograph decked out in as much Tech gear as my college roommate and I could find in her apartment. Only to be told by the security guard that we couldn't get in line because she wouldn't get to us because we'd be too far back. I had to explain to him that not only did we go to the same fine university as Spoon but that she was my coach at basketball camp when I was at Techster camp in 8th grade. I think it was finally the southern accent that won him over.

Well, we got in line and I thought Spoon was going to crawl over the table when we finally made it to the front with all of our Tech gear on. She was so awesome to us! And she loved the basketball camp story. She would run out on the court in the middle of our games to give us high fives. She is passion and enthusiasm! Still have that picture and autograph.

I was also at the game that should not be mentioned in 1994.

And finally, my mom, dad and I drove to Ruston and stayed at the Holiday Inn to watch the Techsters play in the Final Four on TV because it was only being broadcast in Ruston. Don't remember what year but I remember sitting in the room watching the game and thinking what a GREAT vacation it was!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    Going to a Sears in the Bronx to get Spoon's autograph decked out in as much Tech gear as my college roommate and I could find in her apartment. Only to be told by the security guard that we couldn't get in line because she wouldn't get to us because we'd be too far back. I had to explain to him that not only did we go to the same fine university as Spoon but that she was my coach at basketball camp when I was at Techster camp in 8th grade. I think it was finally the southern accent that won him over.

Well, we got in line and I thought Spoon was going to crawl over the table when we finally made it to the front with all of our Tech gear on. She was so awesome to us! And she loved the basketball camp story. She would run out on the court in the middle of our games to give us high fives. She is passion and enthusiasm! Still have that picture and autograph.

I was also at the game that should not be mentioned in 1994.

And finally, my mom, dad and I drove to Ruston and stayed at the Holiday Inn to watch the Techsters play in the Final Four on TV because it was only being broadcast in Ruston. Don't remember what year but I remember sitting in the room watching the game and thinking what a GREAT vacation it was!
    Great memory!

2006 BB&B Women's Bracket Contest Champion SDDawg has turned a few heads around hereSDDawg has turned a few heads around here SDDawg's Avatar

Oh and more...

If you all could have seen all of the skits, songs and dances that the Techsters would do for the campers in the basement of Harper every night after the games were over. We had devotion every night at 10 PM and they would lip sync songs and act crazy. It was hysterical. I can see Venus Lacy, Erica Westbrooks, Spoon, Angela Lawson singing Supersonic. (Go 80s!) They each had a verse about themselves. Comedy!

Playing the 96 US Olympic team in Ruston. That was exciting!

Leaving a wedding reception (in my bridesmaid dress) to drive to Ruston to watch a first round NCAA game in 95.

Running up the hill by the softball hill when I tried out for the team my freshman year. I didn't know I could throw up as much as I did on that hill.

Ok I'll stop now...

Let's just hope we can create some new memories like the ones above (except the throwing up one) for our youngsters today. If you are a recruit reading this thread, you can see the enthusiasm Tech fans have for their Lady Techsters.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I remember...sleeves

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Delta State, Old Dominion, Immaculata, Wayland Baptist...Louisiana Tech??? Are we becoming just a memory??? Is this the year that Tennessee becomes the ONLY school to reach the playoffs in all the NCAA years...

I remember when...

Varsity Bulldog ProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the ears

...Tech should have hired Kim Mulkey-Robertson but didn't? She's a winner and can flat out coach. I hope we can recover from this mistake.

+ Reply to Thread