+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our next head coach needs to be . . .

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Our next head coach needs to be . . .

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/...mp_will00.html

I hope Oakes has some intestinal fortitude to go after someone like Muschamp.

He needs to approach this guy and say" Will, I want you to be the next head coach at Louisiana Tech University. I want you to build a program. Tell me what you need and I will get it. This is your show, run it how you see fit, now get to work."

He knows high schools in Louisiana from being at LSU.
    He is intense and I mean intense.
    He needs a contract w/ incentives for attendance, graduation rates, making a bowl game, winning a bowl game, winning a conference championship, etc . . .
    This is a guy who is young and wants to be a head coach. He has the experience. There is no reason in world why we shouldn't contact him.

We lost out on my #1 choice http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.c...ange_well_id=2

Iowa St. will be a top 25 program in 3-4 years b/c of this hire.

“Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Our next head coach needs to be . . .

We can only chose from the field of coaches who are interested in the job.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

If we get a quality AD, the field will expand...

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    We can only chose from the field of coaches who are interested in the job.

What makes you think that Muschamp is not interested?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Big Dog Tech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really nice Tech09's Avatar

We need a coach like Muschamp who generate some excitement with the program and fans. We do not need another promote from within hire. We need to go BIG with this hire, not small time.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

1. We can't pay him enough.
    2. No comittement to win from the administration.
    3. Play second fiddle to LSU for recruits and third fiddle to any other BCS school that wants the leftover talent.
    4. Would have one arm tied behind his back with the above three, then have to coach against the likes of June Jones, Jerry Glanville, Hal Mumme, Pat Hill, Dick Tomey, Chris Ault, Dennis Erickson, and Chris Petersen.
    There are others, but this should suffice.

3. Play second fiddle to LSU for recruits and third fiddle to any other BCS school that wants the leftover talent.
    4. Would have one arm tied behind his back with the above three, then have to coach against the likes of June Jones, Jerry Glanville, Hal Mumme, Pat Hill, Dick Tomey, Chris Ault, Dennis Erickson, and Chris Petersen.

So why would you not want him? I bet he would be willing to listen. He wants to be a head coach. He probably won't retire in Ruston, but to get hired away he will have to be a winner and that he already is.

www.casadice.com

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

If his attitude it like yours, then I don't want him.

I don't want ANYONE with the attitude that they can't compete against all those old coaches (exceptions of Peterson and Hill) that are only there because of what they did back in 1942.

I'd love to have him! But, I think he is too good of a coach to take this situation on. Just think...if he came here and failed, what next? He would be teaching history and coaching PE at some local high school. Too risky for someone with his credentials. He is looking for a better opportunity.

We are going to have to take a risk with some unknown up-and-comer like Clint Conque who is trying to prove they are as good of a coach as Muschamp. Muschamp is already on the radar of bigger schools.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

I don't want ANYONE with the attitude that they can't compete against all those old coaches (exceptions of Peterson and Hill) that are only there because of what they did back in 1942.

My point exactly

www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

I know what you are saying. But, look at how they have turned their programs around. Nevada is now a conference power. Idaho beat us. And San Jose is going to a bowl game. All this in just 1-3 years. They are excellent coaches compared to what we currently have.

I hope we can find some old guy that wants to give it another shot and doesn't care about the money.

I'd love to have him! But, I think he is too good of a coach to take this situation on. Just think...if he came here and failed, what next? He would be teaching history and coaching PE at some local high school. Too risky for someone with his credentials. He is looking for a better opportunity.

We are going to have to take a risk with some unknown up-and-comer like Clint Conque who is trying to prove they are as good of a coach as Muschamp. Muschamp is already on the radar of bigger schools.

Just as risky as being a d-coordinator at Auburn. if Auburn's defense was horrible, he would get canned there. This guy is ready for a head coaching job. Tech would be a great first place for him.

www.casadice.com

I hope you're right. But, is it worth taking a $200,000 pay cut?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want an old has been. I want a young guy that will work his ass off so that he can move on up the ladder. There are a lot old retread coaches that don't make it.

I'd take a Hall-of-Famer like Ault. He has done an awesome job at Nevada. I wouldn't want an RC Slocum, who was a failure in the end. But maybe someone like Lou Holtz who just wants a hobby.

+ Reply to Thread