+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech 8000 Club

Bulldog Woodlands Dawg is an unknown Woodlands Dawg's Avatar

Re: Tech 8000 Club

Who are you having put this site together. Let's make it as professional as possible. I love the left side that has some of Tech's proudest moments and athletes. The site should be very nostalgic. How long till this site is up and running. Im ready to have a direct deposit into this fund every month. That should also be available. Breaking it up into monthly installments makes it very easy to donate. $500 seems to much for those who graduated from college but $42 a month as compared to paying yearly makes it easier for those of us with tight budgets!

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodlands Dawg View Post
    Who are you having put this site together. Let's make it as professional as possible. I love the left side that has some of Tech's proudest moments and athletes. The site should be very nostalgic. How long till this site is up and running. Im ready to have a direct deposit into this fund every month. That should also be available. Breaking it up into monthly installments makes it very easy to donate. $500 seems to much for those who graduated from college but $42 a month as compared to paying yearly makes it easier for those of us with tight budgets!
    I am doing most of the work on it myself. I will have to pay a programmer a little bit for some of the more complicated stuff. It should be up and running in about two weeks.

Big Dog Tech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really nice Tech09's Avatar

Truly amazing how an unpaid Louisiana Tech alumni/fan can put this awesome site together on their own time and JOakes has been in his position for 12 years and not so much of a posterboard illustration of a plan. Great job on the site and I am in for $500.00 as well. See that was not hard Jim now was it?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

For about the 5000th time, if you want the NCAA all over TECH, just start something like this without the approval of TECH.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough

Finally, a place to put some money into TECH atletics that is not controlled by JO. I am in, but would like some clarification on why this is ok and this same concept as discussed on this board on numerous threads was a violation of NCAA rules. I am more than happy to give $500 a year, but will not do so to CHAMPS unless there is clear control by this board on where the money will be spent. If I am understanding this correctly, it will be as if a single contributor, in this case - BB&B, will be giving a $4 million dollar contribution. Does this make it ok with the NCAA? Please explain and then tell me where to send the check?

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Bad - nice looking site. Love the pics of Malone & Bradshaw. Good job.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    For about the 5000th time, if you want the NCAA all over TECH, just start something like this without the approval of TECH.
    Since you don't know what you are talking about and you obviously haven't been keeping up with my other threads concerning this I will try to respond withouot any sarcasm.

This is a pledge drive, No money will be collected until the goal has been reached and then all of it will be turned over to CHAMPS. And explain this to me if the NCAA disapproves of this why have JO and Jimmy Hand both told me I have their support in this effort. Or is it that you just came in and saw somebody doing something positive and rather than supporting it you decided to criticize?

Sorry It came out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog29 View Post
    Finally, a place to put some money into TECH atletics that is not controlled by JO. I am in, but would like some clarification on why this is ok and this same concept as discussed on this board on numerous threads was a violation of NCAA rules. I am more than happy to give $500 a year, but will not do so to CHAMPS unless there is clear control by this board on where the money will be spent. If I am understanding this correctly, it will be as if a single contributor, in this case - BB&B, will be giving a $4 million dollar contribution. Does this make it ok with the NCAA? Please explain and then tell me where to send the check?
    Because we are not asking for the money only a pledge to give if we reach our goal. The reason it is OK is because all of the money will be given to CHAMPS. As far as the control of what it is used for I have already been told by JO that if we are able to raise the money in addition to what is already donated to CHAMPS then he would have no problem putting it towards those upgrades. I posted his email on here where he confirmed that a few weeks ago.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Cordell,

post this in all sections. I see names in the Lady Techsters section that I never see anywhere else. I rarely visit some sections on this board.

Also, maybe the admins can put it as a sticky once the site is up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Cordell,

post this in all sections. I see names in the Lady Techsters section that I never see anywhere else. I rarely visit some sections on this board.

Also, maybe the admins can put it as a sticky once the site is up and running.
    I want to get it up and running before I post it in every section. I just wanted to keep everybody updated on what I was doing.

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    Since you don't know what you are talking about and you obviously haven't been keeping up with my other threads concerning this I will try to respond withouot any sarcasm.

This is a pledge drive, No money will be collected until the goal has been reached and then all of it will be turned over to CHAMPS. And explain this to me if the NCAA disapproves of this why have JO and Jimmy Hand both told me I have their support in this effort. Or is it that you just came in and saw somebody doing something positive and rather than supporting it you decided to criticize?

Sorry It came out anyway.
    My sentiments exactly...we need to stop being dealers of doom and get behind this project.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

You might hire some students who build web sites to get the job done. You would probably get more for your money. An alternate approach would be to get some of the macromedia products and do it yourself. The software isn't that hard to learn and has a lot of powerful tools.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Just an update, we are up to $13,800 in pledges so far. I am planning on having the website completed in about two weeks. Stay tuned.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Looks great, count me in
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Looks great, count me in
    Already did.

+ Reply to Thread