+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 98% sure new coach is

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

98% sure new coach is

Heard on radio that if Tech (Oakes) is not 98% sure who the new coach is with all the firings nationwide then this was a bad move.

Also read in RDL that if we had beaten NMSU then Bick would be back to quote Hoosiers
    Barbara Hershey to Gene Hackman
    "This goes a little deeper than one game"

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 98% sure new coach is

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman2 View Post
    Heard on radio that if Tech (Oakes) is not 98% sure who the new coach is with all the firings nationwide then this was a bad move.

Also read in RDL that if we had beaten NMSU then Bick would be back to quote Hoosiers
    Barbara Hershey to Gene Hackman
    "This goes a little deeper than one game"
    Stop reading the papers or listening to the radio. Get all of your information here and you will be fine.

Bulldog latech4ever has turned a few heads around herelatech4ever has turned a few heads around herelatech4ever has turned a few heads around here

Bick would have kept his job had he fired the coaches JO wanted fired.

He chose not to.

I'm guessing JBIII was just as fed up with JO and the whole silly bush league crap here at Tech as we are. And he simply had his fill. Time to move on for him.

It will be to his benefit and ours.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech4ever View Post

He chose not to.

I'm guessing JBIII was just as fed up with JO and the whole silly bush league crap here at Tech as we are. And he simply had his fill. Time to move on for him.

You sure do have a lot of "inside information" and not a lot of evidence to back any of it up.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

He chose not to.

I would have to see that in writing an notorized with JO's signature on it to believe it. There is no way Bick wasn't getting fired. JO was too busy trying to save his own hide to do that. I think he knows he would have been run out of town if that had happened. Now he is still praying it aint so.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

He chose not to.

If you've ever been around ANY kind of organization in transition then you will know that this kind of rumor is EXCEPTIONALLY common in such times. In fact, it fits one of the prototypical archetypes for transition rumors: "the guy who got fired was actually a martyr who sacrificed himself for the group." I don't know about this situation, but these rumors are usually started by the people closest to the person fired, especially that person's direct reports, and occasionally by the person who is fired himself. So, even if this rumor was heard from Bicknell's lips himself, or from one of the assistant coaches, I wouldn't put any stock in it. These kinds of rumors always come out in times like this.

Bulldog latech4ever has turned a few heads around herelatech4ever has turned a few heads around herelatech4ever has turned a few heads around here

I really could care less if any of you believe it or not. Fact is it's true.

The point is that Bicknell is gone, Oakes is still here, so is DR and nothing is going to change unless and until the philosophy of our athletic department changes. The point I'm making is that JO made the same demands before and they were complied with. His M.O. hasn't changed. And Bicknell was fed up.

Hiring an outside guy to head the search may or may not be a smoke screen. I'm hoping it isn't. The statement made regarding the athletic department may or may not be a smoke screen. I'm hoping it isn't.

But you can bring Vince freekin Lombardi in here and if everything else remains the same the results won't change.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Where did you get your information. Which coach told you this?

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

If you were never apart of the actual tech football program you will never know the whole truth.... Not even these so called insiders know what they are talking about.... I believe what tech4 is saying.

Puppy dog breath is on the way down

What does no coach do to our recruting. The longer this goes on the worse the fall out will be. Our next coach bless his soul is going to have enough problems trying to get us ready to play as it is.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I didn't say I don't believe him. I am asking him to support himself. No I didn't play at Tech, but athletics are how I make a living. Did you play at Tech Buck? If you can't provide more than I was told its true and I beleive my source you will find it very hard going around here.

I am just offering a piece of advice. I personally don't believe anything on this board until it comes to pass, but some people have more credibility than others and its entertaining. The only things I believe at Tech come straight from coaches. I will name my sources in private but never in the open forums.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The fact is that there is so much gossip going on that people can't tell fact from fiction. WHO CARES! What happened needed to happen. If the above is true, it sure worked out for the best anyway.

Time to worry about things that matter - Who the next coach will be and will there be BIG TIME changes in the athletic department.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Well, I heard from my source that the reason Bicknell was let go was because JOakes wanted one of Champ110's bald peter cats and thought that Jack had one, but Bicknell misunderstood him when JOakes asked if he had one and decked him claiming that while he might have a losing record, he still didn't have to stoop to those sorts of "favors" to keep his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Well, I heard from my source that the reason Bicknell was let go was because JOakes wanted one of Champ110's bald peter cats and thought that Jack had one, but Bicknell misunderstood him when JOakes asked if he had one and decked him claiming that while he might have a losing record, he still didn't have to stoop to those sorts of "favors" to keep his job.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The fact is that there is so much gossip going on that people can't tell fact from fiction. WHO CARES! What happened needed to happen. If the above is true, it sure worked out for the best anyway.

Time to worry about things that matter - Who the next coach will be and will there be BIG TIME changes in the athletic department.

Precisely correct.

I'm providing info on HOW it happened. The main thing is that it DID happen.

Now we'll keep our fingers crossed.

+ Reply to Thread