View Poll Results: Who will be the next Coach?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Will Muschamp-Auburn DC

69 41.32%
  • Gus Malzahn-Arkansas QB/OC

10 5.99%
  • Jerry Glanville-Hawaii DC

4 2.40%
  • Chris Hatcher-Valdosta State HC

15 8.98%
  • Clint Conque-UCA HC

31 18.56%
  • Art Kaufman-LB's coach at MTSU

1 0.60%
  • Keith Burns-Special Teams coach SJSU

1 0.60%
  • Todd Monken-LSU passing game coordinator

22 13.17%
  • Travis Jones-Miami Dolphins OLB coach

2 1.20%
  • Pete Perot-Tech OL

12 7.19%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And the Next Coach is....

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

And the Next Coach is....

What do you think? Not who do you want, but who do you think will be the coach.

These are names being mentioned by the newspapers...feel free to write one in. Perot is not being mentioned by the papers, but Tech OL coach was popular in the last coach search, so I figured I'd include it for nostalgia purposes.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: And the Next Coach is....

There should be a house rule against thread topics like this. Can't be playing with our emotions like this, man!

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Monken. BRING BACK THE AIR CORP!!!!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Haven't decided yet. Wish there was an "Other" catagory. Plus Luminaire and I are offended that Randy Shannon's name is not on the list...

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Whoever it is needs to interview Tim Rattay for Quarterbacks Coach. Let's face it if he cannot beat out Gradkowski in TB, he might as well move on to coaching.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    Whoever it is needs to interview Tim Rattay for Quarterbacks Coach. Let's face it if he cannot beat out Gradkowski in TB, he might as well move on to coaching.

I've been thinking about that. He would make a great qb coach.

I also thought that if we got Muschamp maybe we could get Kirby Smart to be defensive coordiantor and DB coach. If so, maybe they could get Jack Hunt to coach safeties?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    I've been thinking about that. He would make a great qb coach.

I also thought that if we got Muschamp maybe we could get Kirby Smart to be defensive coordiantor and DB coach. If so, maybe they could get Jack Hunt to coach safeties?
    Screw Jack Hunt. If he didn't want to come here after high school, I don't want him now. Although I'm sure he would bring some local fans with him.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

No, he needs to continue to cash those NFL checks as long as he can.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Just because Tim could play doesn't mean he can coach. We need some proven coaches in our program.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

I don't think Muschamp would want to come to Tech even if we could afford him. With the schedules we have, the team is doomed to fail.

Puppy Buckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really nice Buckdawg's Avatar

I sure would like it if Coach Monken were to come back here. I think he is a top quality coach and person. Tech would be extrememly lucky to get him. He would be my target if I were in charge of finding the next HC.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    Just because Tim could play doesn't mean he can coach. We need some proven coaches in our program.
    If he can teach others how to read defenses and make adjustments at the line (like he did during his career), then he would serve us well as QB coach. Typically you've got someone with little or no experience as your QB coach anyway as it is a stepping stone to OC and finally HC once you pay your dues.

Besides, do you really think we will get "proven" coaches across the board with the salaries we will offer? If so, have I got a deal for you......

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I've been thinking the same thing.

Sorry, Johnny, but I voted by desire not prediction. Maybe it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    No, he needs to continue to cash those NFL checks as long as he can.
    I guess my point should have been, if he can't beat out Gradkowski, Luke and Simms next year (since the Bucs are trying to resign him long term), how many teams will be interested in his services next year?

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

Conque will not have a chance.

+ Reply to Thread