+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech's Reneau has 2020 vision - News Star

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech's Reneau has 2020 vision - News Star

A new article has been posted on The News Star:

RUSTON ? A day after firing football coach Jack Bicknell, Louisiana Tech president Dan Reneau revealed a broader vision for the athletic department.

More...

Feel free to discuss it here

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech's Reneau has 2020 vision - News Star

"I firmly believe that athletics at a university like Louisiana Tech is an extremely important function in the perception of the university. I've always felt that way and I'm not here to preside over its demise either."
    Ok now I believe that some of what's getting said on this board is gets back to Reneau. This sound's like a direct response to BB&B and I like it.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

"Reneau said he is hopeful that once the plan is in place that it will energize Tech's alumni base — an estimated 60,000 of which he believes are still active."

Whoever wrote that needs to restate it. For one thing, it doesn't make an alum feel very good when you read "of which he believes are still alive." Secondly, they obviously don't have a good feel for what they have out there for alumni with a statement like that. Third, taken another way, it could imply that even if we have that many alumni, they may not care enough to be considered alive.

Other than that, this alum is so excited he is kicking at the door to his coffin!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    "Reneau said he is hopeful that once the plan is in place that it will energize Tech's alumni base — an estimated 60,000 of which he believes are still active."

Whoever wrote that needs to restate it. For one thing, it doesn't make an alum feel very good when you read "of which he believes are still alive." Secondly, they obviously don't have a good feel for what they have out there for alumni with a statement like that. Third, taken another way, it could imply that even if we have that many alumni, they may not care enough to be considered alive.

Other than that, this alum is so excited he is kicking at the door to his coffin!

WWDog. Read that again. He doesn't say alive. He says "active".

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Reneau's 2020 vision is BS if we make the wrong hire. Please e-mail dan and jim and let them know that they need not pull a KMR. Make the right decision!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Reneau's 2020 vision is BS if we make the wrong hire. Please e-mail dan and jim and let them know that they need not pull a KMR. Make the right decision!
    Not pull a KMR? Do you mean they should give Conroy a 5 year contract??

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    He means we should not totally jack up this time hiring a coach. Determine who the best coach is and give them what they want.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    He means we should not totally jack up this time hiring a coach. Determine who the best coach is and give them what they want.

jack up?

you mean jim up.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Why does it take 14 years to accomplish less than boise has done in 10?

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Why does it take 14 years to accomplish less than boise has done in 10?
    2020 sounds snappier than 2016

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

My bad. I could have sworn that one of the articles said "alive". My appologies DR, now finish the job.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    My meaning was, don't let the best option walk out of your office...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!

I tell you what Clyde, if I see a genuine commitment with more than just words, I'll SERIOUSLY look into starting Louisville's first Champs chapter...I'm sure you'll pass on some knowledge to help me out...maybe we could discuss it over a duck hunt or something....
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    My meaning was, don't let the best option walk out of your office...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!

I tell you what Clyde, if I see a genuine commitment with more than just words, I'll SERIOUSLY look into starting Louisville's first Champs chapter...I'm sure you'll pass on some knowledge to help me out...maybe we could discuss it over a duck hunt or something....

I know what you meant. Just funning. If you are interested in a duck hunt, let me go. Got 9 folks signed up so far.

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears

I must be reading something more into this than those that have posted so far. Most of the discussion seems to indicate that the Tech 2020 concerns the hiring and supporting a football coach.

My take from what has been reported so far in the media is that American Management Strategy Group has been hired to do the very job that Jim Oakes has received a check for over the past years.

Also, I believe that once again DR is utilizing a committee approach to recommend a decision that he is unwilling to make. That being total reorganization of the athletic department.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by jbgood57 View Post
    Also, I believe that once again DR is utilizing a committee approach to recommend a decision that he is unwilling to make. That being total reorganization of the athletic department.
    Maybe DR is finding a SOULTION to correct a sticky problem....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread