+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Monken?

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Todd Monken?

I want someone on here to sell me on Todd Monken. Why are we considering him? What makes him a qualified candidate?

My concern is that he is similar to Bicknell, being from the midwest. Also, just because he is at LSU, people think that he is would be a good head coach. My other thought is that if we are going to hire a LSU assistant, lets go after Jimbo Fisher, not the WR coach.

I am open to jumping on this bandwagon, so please sell me.

Puppy JohnDoe is an unknown JohnDoe's Avatar

Re: Todd Monken?

I've wondered the same thing. I'm not too familiar with Monken, but I have definitely heard the name Jimbo Fisher. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention...who knows. Everybody seems to think Muschamp and Monken are the top two candidates(I know it's all speculation), but why?
    "We'll lead, you follow, everyone else...get the hell out of the way" ~ Kerry Rupp

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

We hear all thse names that we are interested in but do we hear of anyone that is actually interested in the job. I'm all for dreaming,hoping big but has anyone said thay are interested in the job?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman2 View Post
    We hear all thse names that we are interested in but do we hear of anyone that is actually interested in the job. I'm all for dreaming,hoping big but has anyone said thay are interested in the job?
    We have an extremely reliable poster on here that states that they are. He does post things from time to time to just stir up things, but he has been serious about this and he has been perfectly accurate over the last week.

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Who does he say is interested? I'm not sure who is reliable and who is just stirring the pot. The replies this am about no HC experience and the quick timetable made me and my circles think Conroy.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman2 View Post
    Who does he say is interested? I'm not sure who is reliable and who is just stirring the pot. The replies this am about no HC experience and the quick timetable made me and my circles think Conroy.
    But all reports are also stating that we are not looking to hire from within. In fact they are reporting that no current assistant coach is safe.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

So, is no one going to sell TechXXX on monken? I'd like to be sold myself. Dawgbitten, didn't you say that you are on the bandwaggon now? Could you explain why?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy DawgLover is an unknown

Jimbo Fisher is reportedly the highest paid Assistant in the SEC and one of the highest (if not the highest) in the country. I do not know this as a fact, however. He is also (reportedly) being considered as a replacement for Rich Rodriguez if RR gets the Alabama job and has been mentioned for other openings. Frankly I think Muschamp brings much more enthusiasm and drive to the job, has some NFL coaching experience, plus he was mentored by Nick Saban. All great recruiting pluses.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    I want someone on here to sell me on Todd Monken. Why are we considering him? What makes him a qualified candidate?

My concern is that he is similar to Bicknell, being from the midwest. Also, just because he is at LSU, people think that he is would be a good head coach. My other thought is that if we are going to hire a LSU assistant, lets go after Jimbo Fisher, not the WR coach.

I am open to jumping on this bandwagon, so please sell me.
    I will give it a try! First Monken is an offensive guru. He is not only the WR coach at LSU, but is also the passing game coordinator. He is responsible for all coordination of the passing game. He has recruited N LA and E TX for several years and knows all of the HS coaches in the area. He has a pipeline to recruits that Tech would be interested in.

Also, his position players, WRs at LSU are considered the best in college football. He know offense and how to get players in the right positions. May of the LSU faithful want him as the OC in case Jimbo Fisher leaves...good possiblity. Fisher would cost around $750K to get. Not possible.

Also, Todd coached at Tech..not long, but enough to know the area. Also, Todd is from the midwest, Bicknell was a true yankee from Boston!! Big difference IMHO.

Actually, Monken would be my first choice, and BTW, he is interested!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I don't know if I can sell you on Monken, but Techdawgfan and Dwayne can correct me if I'm wrong on what I'm about to tell you about Monken. If I remember correctly, he is the reason for the recruiting section on the board. So, we at least know he reads the board. Maybe that's why he's interested. He wants access to our recruiting forum.

Varsity Bulldog suckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I don't know if I can sell you on Monken, but Techdawgfan and Dwayne can correct me if I'm wrong on what I'm about to tell you about Monken. If I remember correctly, he is the reason for the recruiting section on the board. So, we at least know he reads the board. Maybe that's why he's interested. He wants access to our recruiting forum.
    I can see us considering him for OC, but I don't think that he has enough experience to be considered for HC. It seems like that he is only being considered b/c he coaches at LSU.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    I will give it a try! First Monken is an offensive guru. He is not only the WR coach at LSU, but is also the passing game coordinator. He is responsible for all coordination of the passing game. He has recruited N LA and E TX for several years and knows all of the HS coaches in the area. He has a pipeline to recruits that Tech would be interested in.

Also, his position players, WRs at LSU are considered the best in college football. He know offense and how to get players in the right positions. May of the LSU faithful want him as the OC in case Jimbo Fisher leaves...good possiblity. Fisher would cost around $750K to get. Not possible.

Also, Todd coached at Tech..not long, but enough to know the area. Also, Todd is from the midwest, Bicknell was a true yankee from Boston!! Big difference IMHO.

Actually, Monken would be my first choice, and BTW, he is interested!!
    If he was smart, he would be starting Matt Flynn.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    If he was smart, he would be starting Matt Flynn.
    Now the tigers come out of the wood work. That topic is more controversial than abortion in Baton Rouge.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

I have done some research on Mionken and this is what I found out:

1. He was the OC at Eastern Michigan in 2000. The enitre staff was fired after that season.
    2. After leaving Tech he has been the WR coach in Oklahoma St. and LSU. Apparently, many think that if Jimbo Fisher leaves, then Monken will be the next OC at LSU. Also, he might be in line for Oklahoma St. OC should their guy leave.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

So, what I'm hearing is that he is a great recruiter and has a good relationship with former players. It seems like his relationship with former players would be somewhat limited because he wasn't here for very long. Anyway, can someone tell me something about his coaching that excites you? I was always under the impression that it was Jimbo who ran the offensive show down in BR...I've also heard that Jimbo's not that great. I try and avoid the tigers at all costs. Anyway, I'm still waiting to be sold on this guy.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread