+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hatcher's Roster

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Hatcher's Roster

Not negative about whoever we hire, but so much has been made about winning %. VSU roster contains a few transfers from BCS and mid major schools. Nice to have D-1 athletes at a D-2 school. There are just a select few schools that people transfer down to on a consistent basis and I think VSU may be one of them. Again I am not speaking bad about any of our potential coach. I think whomever we get will be good.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Hatcher's Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman2 View Post
    Not negative about whoever we hire, but so much has been made about winning %. VSU roster contains a few transfers from BCS and mid major schools. Nice to have D-1 athletes at a D-2 school. There are just a select few schools that people transfer down to on a consistent basis and I think VSU may be one of them. Again I am not speaking bad about any of our potential coach. I think whomever we get will be good.
    That's a good point. Let me ask you this. Why that school? The could transfer to any div.2 or 1aa school. Why VSU? Especailly going from a BCS school to div.2 and not 1aa.

Bulldog BlazerDawg has turned a few heads around hereBlazerDawg has turned a few heads around hereBlazerDawg has turned a few heads around hereBlazerDawg has turned a few heads around hereBlazerDawg has turned a few heads around here

Re: Hatcher's Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman2 View Post
    Easy on the "down". :icon_wink:

The transfers from the DI schools don't have the huge impact that everyone just preseumes they do. For instance, Michael Greer played 3 years at UGA and started at UGA. He transfered into VSU and was just another WR at VSU. Allan Tillman was signed by Auburn out of high school to play QB, but he played WR for VSU.

People also presume that D2 doesn't get great athletes, and that is not the case. For the most part, the difference between divisions is depth. Size can sometimes be an issue, but generally speed and skills is not.

WRs and QBs flock to VSU because of the offensive system and Hatcher's reputation. Our current crop of WRs could play at any level (not so sure our current QB could though). They are fast and can catch, and they are great in the open field. Again, the main issue is size though. Most of our WRs are in the 5'10" to 6'0" range. They fit well into the system because speed is more imporant than size.

+ Reply to Thread