+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LSU-S, Tech collaborate - 2TheAdvocate

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LSU-S, Tech collaborate - 2TheAdvocate

A new article has been posted in The Advocate:

LSU-S, Tech collaborate
    2TheAdvocate, LA - 12 minutes ago
    By JORDAN BLUM. The LSU at Shreveport campus is on track for its first doctoral degree in collaboration with Louisiana Tech University. ...

More...

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: LSU-S, Tech collaborate - 2TheAdvocate

From the article: He said it is “high time” the LSU-S campus finally gets its first doctoral program, adding that much more is still needed for the underserved Shreveport area.

We should be dominating the Shreveport market by now. They are trying to put together a joint PhD with Tech and LSU-S. If the degrees are awarde by Tech, then this is a potentially good thing. If not, then it will serve to further marginalize Tech and further reduce any presence we might have in Shreveport.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

This scares me.

I like the collabaration idea. However, I hope Reneau et al play their hand effectively and avoid potential pitfalls. This could lead to the possibility of Tech having a med school or we could end up as LSU-R (in effect: Ruston community college).

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

The report argued that a merger between just LSU-S and the Health Science Center in Shreveport would not become profitable. However, she said, adding Louisiana Tech in a three-way arrangement is much more viable.

So merging lsus and lsu med is not profitable? So they want to add Tech in the mix?
    Screw that! They are just trying to take away the little money we do have. The only way you can agree with that is if the names are changed to Louisiana Tech (Blank) and they start a third system just for us.

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

This idea should be looked at. Having LA Tech under a LSU board type of Supervisors that is out of the Univ of LA system carries some advantages. The key would be that Louisiana Tech would keep its seperate id and culture. This idea is not that foreign and I believe one can see a example of that in California.

THe biggest asset of this is obtaining LSUS and especially the med school. The real roadblock I suspect would come from the ULL people that would come to a correct conclusion rather quickly that this would not be good for them long term

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Having Louisiana Tech under the LSU Board is a terrible idea. For example ask UAB how they like being under the U of Alabama Board.

For your own health remember to ask them over the internet though not in person.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Dr. Reneau has been working on this for 15 years.

In the end, I believe the merger will happen. But, it's very possible Tech, including the Shreveport-area campuses and hospital, will not be a part of the LSU system.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

I hope Tech is not under the LSU system. Read the following to see what I mean:

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/uab/ph...ic.php?t=37573

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Absolutely, positively NO, NO and more NO to Tech ever coming under the LSU system.

I am strongly considering renewing my pursuit of an MBA from LSU-S. I had started that program back in '02, then switched to NSU for a master's in something else. So, I certainly would welcome a Tech-LSUS merger. But only if the Shreveport campus became Louisiana Tech at Shreveport.

In the meantime, go Pilots! Ranked #6 nationally in MBB. (I like rooting for a winning MBB team)

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Absolutely, positively NO, NO and more NO to Tech ever coming under the LSU system.

I am strongly considering renewing my pursuit of an MBA from LSU-S. I had started that program back in '02, then switched to NSU for a master's in something else. So, I certainly would welcome a Tech-LSUS merger. But only if the Shreveport campus became Louisiana Tech at Shreveport.
    Exactly! I want to see Tech under the LSU Board about as much as FIM wants us in the Sun Belch conference. Something about choking on vomit with Silverback gorillas knocking at the back door.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Exactly! I want to see Tech under the LSU Board about as much as FIM wants us in the Sun Belch conference. Something about choking on vomit with Silverback gorillas knocking at the back door.
    I think those gorillas were doing a little more than knocking at FIM's back door. From what I heard, it was more like they were busting it in with one of those 3-foot long battering ram poles like the SWAT team uses.

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

I kinda of checked in on this thread and saw it had some more entries.

Do not throw away the thought of a common Board for SLU and LA Tech yet. Especially since there are some high stakes for Tech in this. I am not saying I am endorsing it but as a person that holds a degree from both school. Whose dad worked the LSU system outside BR , I have sto say it has my interest. If you want to call the board Collegiate Supervison Board or anything else non LSU that is fine.

What is being contemplated and would not pass anyway is making LA Tech LSU-Ruston. For this to pass Lousiana Tech would of course keep its own Id , culture. atheletics, and autonomy. THere are some interesting facets to this. The LSU system is not perfect but it is not also the cunning evil Stepbrother. Often on the LSU board they think this must be some dire ULL conspiracy. All of it nonsense too.

Things are changing. Katrinia changed aor at least accelerated changes 1000 percent in this state.

Again I am not huge advocate of either these proposed changes occuring under a LSU(or new structure) or the current ULL system. I can tell you there will not be a seperate Louisiana Tech system that has its own medical school. SO it is one or the other. Again just proposals here are being lifted. But I am willing to listen

Quote Originally Posted by bayourant View Post
    I can tell you there will not be a seperate Louisiana Tech system that has its own medical school.
    Why not?
    Last edited by 9701Dawg; 12-17-2006 at 09:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread