+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Young players are Gellin

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

Re: Young players are Gellin

i believe it was 66-57.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Thanks. Somehow, they got the report on the men's game uploaded to the official Web site fast all the way from Baton Rouge but still don't have women's score up right there on campus.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

New players gellin??
    Pringle - 0 min
    Quantae - 0 min
    Sierra - 6 min - 2 pts
    Sneed - 8 min - 2 pts
    Dowdell - 11 min - 2 pts
    April - 27 min - 2 pts - 0 assists

3rd year players??

Levingston - 0 min
    Lawson - 0 min
    Thank you Kurt Budke!

Eboni was the only non-senior that scored more than 2 points.

April ran the offense for the most part...very well even though it didn't show up in the boxscore.

Shan, Tamika, Ty, and Amber all scored in double figures along with Eboni (who played a lot last year).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Metoyer is the turnover machine. But, she hustles, so she needs to play. Just please stop throwing the ball away.

Bama is not very good. Surprising, really, to think that a SEC team is not that good. The better team won tonite, and the Techsters would beat Bama again, if we played again.

I wanna know if "blue hair" really just said something to the ref like: she shoved her down, and he got ejected for that. This is ridiculous! If that ape had been heaved, I was ready to take his place and jump on the zebras some more!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

IMO the biggest difference between this game and the previous games I've seen...

DEFENSE!!

and

PUSHING THE BALL ON OFFENSE!!

The defensive intensity was so much greater tonight than in earlier games.

Also, April pushed the ball up the court most of the time which led to EASY BASKETS.

It looked like the Lady Techsters of old...a Barmore coached team.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

I think for some reason April is the key we needed. From what I've seen and heard, she has stepped in and RUN the offense. She's no Tasha Williams yet, who can draw fouls and jump start the offense, but the team seems to calm down and run there offense when she is in the game. That is the sign of an emerging leader.

PS - WTG Techsters!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Sweet victory!

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I wanna know if "blue hair" really just said something to the ref like: she shoved her down, and he got ejected for that. This is ridiculous! If that ape had been heaved, I was ready to take his place and jump on the zebras some more!
    I should let him tell the story. He's a member of the board.

"She shoved her ref!" made the ref turn with this look that gives grown men a fear deep in their soul (with the exception of people wearing a plastic hockey mask). "Call the foul!" And then, after about five seconds of the look, "The game's over there." She walked over and he was gone. I'm told the police recorded his driver's license and student ID number.

Then, with the "Christmas is a time of peace. Lighten up" dry erase board message, the other ref came over and said "drop the board or you're gone too," which is what prompted the "yell if you think mean refs are dumb" message.

I appreciate that I got a warning, but I don't think fans should get ejected so seemingly arbitrarily. Is there a rule against directing your communication at the ref? To me, the "nuts and bolts" chant is way worse than what resulted in today's ejection. On the other hand, I really like Bulldog Row and events like this only encourage such behavior because now we KNOW they hear us. I'm going to look at the NCAA rules I can find that apply to fans.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post

"She shoved her ref!" made the ref turn with this look that gives grown men a fear deep in their soul (with the exception of people wearing a plastic hockey mask). "Call the foul!" And then, after about five seconds of the look, "The game's over there." She walked over and he was gone. I'm told the police recorded his driver's license and student ID number.

Then, with the "Christmas is a time of peace. Lighten up" dry erase board message, the other ref came over and said "drop the board or you're gone too," which is what prompted the "yell if you think mean refs are dumb" message.

I appreciate that I got a warning, but I don't think fans should get ejected so seemingly arbitrarily. Is there a rule against directing your communication at the ref? To me, the "nuts and bolts" chant is way worse than what resulted in today's ejection. On the other hand, I really like Bulldog Row and events like this only encourage such behavior because now we KNOW they hear us. I'm going to look at the NCAA rules I can find that apply to fans.
    All I have to say is that incident is horrible. He clearly didn't deserve an ejection but there is nothing you can do about a ref on an ego trip that is also calling a horrible game. As someone else standing beside the ape and "blue hair" I have to say that is exactly what he said. Hopefully the "blue hair" will get on and give his side.

However I also thought it was out of line that another ref came and told the ape to put the sign down or he is gone. Our friend is kicked out of the game for no reason. Of course we will tell them to "Lighten Up." I would have taken it a step further and told the official she owes my friend and apology.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I am not saying it all showed with scoring but with true potential to be great. Esp. dowdell and Nixon. Dowdell was fierce on the boards tonight. If Shan Moore throws the ball away or trips on her feet while heading to the basket one more time I will scream. She is a great free throw shooter but everytime she drives to the basket, instead of drawing a foul, she either trips on her own feet or throws the ball away. She is an asset, but she should be much further along than she is. and can Ty Moore and Kursh please just make a layup. We need them this year to win at all because of the inexperience, but this team will be much better without them next year when they get their groove. April W. was impressive running the point tonight until the end when she turned the ball over. The only impressive veteran right now is Amber Metoyer. She is turning into a real hot commodity. She plays with the heart that the other three veterans lack.

Varsity Bulldog cavedawg is an unknown

I've told Amber that I appreciated her not playing like a "lady". WE MUST BE PHYSICAL!!!!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE View Post
    IMO the biggest difference between this game and the previous games I've seen...

DEFENSE!!

and

PUSHING THE BALL ON OFFENSE!!

The defensive intensity was so much greater tonight than in earlier games.

Also, April pushed the ball up the court most of the time which led to EASY BASKETS.

It looked like the Lady Techsters of old...a Barmore coached team.
    You've got to be kidding! Seriously? You think this looked like "the Lady Techsters of old...a Barmore coached team?"

What game were you watching??!! They looked better than before, but this team has a Long way to go before being able to even be mentioned in the company of Barmore teams...give me a break!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post

Utterly ridiculous and another sure sign we need a new AD. Fans yell at refs, at opposing teams, and at each other all the time.

If I were AD, I'd have someone from my dept., "events" coordinator, or whatever, at each game. The policy would be this, if the ref asks the police to eject a fan, that ref, during a timeout, must explain to my coordinator the reasons for the REQUEST of the ejection. Using common sense, I'd bet 99.9% of the time, our fans will be allowed to remain....except maybe asked to move further away from the court. (and then, under his breath, my coordinator would mutter: I agree with the fan, you suck ref.)

Tell ya what, the old Jenkins Harrassment Squad wouldn't last 5 seconds under these new PC, %$%^&* rules for fans. We were brutal!
    Last edited by dawg80; 12-17-2006 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    You've got to be kidding! Seriously? You think this looked like "the Lady Techsters of old...a Barmore coached team?"

What game were you watching??!! They looked better than before, but this team has a Long way to go before being able to even be mentioned in the company of Barmore teams...give me a break!
    I was referring to style of play, not level of competitiveness.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Utterly ridiculous and another sure sign we need a new AD. Fans yell at refs, at opposing teams, and at each other all the time.

If I were AD, I'd have someone from my dept., "events" coordinator, or whatever, at each game. The policy would be this, if the ref asks the police to eject a fan, that ref, during a timeout, must explain to my coordinator the reasons for the REQUEST of the ejection. Using common sense, I'd bet 99.9% of the time, our fans will be allowed to remain....except maybe asked to move further away from the court. (and then, under his breath, my coordinator would mutter: I agree with the fan, you suck ref.)

Tell ya what, the old Jenkins Harrassment Squad wouldn't last 5 seconds under these new PC, pu$$y-a$$ rules for fans. We were brutal!
    This is one that JO can be defended. After the soccer ejection I spoke with him and several members of the WAC front office. The WAC has it set up such that when a ref asks for a fan to be removed, it happens without question. He was very helpful in sending in a complaint to the WAC. Bulldog Row is something he has assured me isn't going anywhere, despite whatever opposition it faces, because it is something that he strongly values.

However, I very much like your method. Maybe the refs need the authority to eject fans, but there should be some accountability when they eject fans without reason.

+ Reply to Thread