+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jay -- This thread's for you...

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: Jay -- This thread's for you...

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    long is making somewhere in the $150k range. i believe we offered mcconathy a package near $140k. we wouldn't budge an extra $20k to get him here!

if we want a good coach to consider coming here after the season is over, we will have to offer 180-200K. mcconathy or pierre are the only two options.

i would like to see what nevada, nmsu, fresno, hawaii, and utah st. pay their coaches.

just like in football, if we want to be in a big boy league, we are going to have to act like it.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Think we need to be in the range of $200-250K...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Think we need to be in the range of $200-250K...
    I agree. We are going to, at least, have to come up with around 200K.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by geek34 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe McConathy was ever offered the Tech job.
    It was "non-offical" contact through back door channels this pst spring -

It even went as far as athletic council meetings and whether or not to fire KR -

It was very interesting, because the AD and James Liberatos got mad and threatened the others on the athletic council due to "leaks" that made it back to BB&B within minutes of their meetings -

We were VERY CLOSE to landing McConathy this spring, but once again we didn't had the NADS to pull it off....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

We were VERY CLOSE to landing McConathy this spring, but once again we didn't had the NADS to pull it off....

Bulldog geek34 has turned a few heads around heregeek34 has turned a few heads around heregeek34 has turned a few heads around here geek34's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It was "non-offical" contact through back door channels this pst spring -

It even went as far as athletic council meetings and whether or not to fire KR -

It was very interesting, because the AD and James Liberatos got mad and threatened the others on the athletic council due to "leaks" that made it back to BB&B within minutes of their meetings -

I wasn't aware of that. It will be tough to get him. I hope there is not too much water under the bridge. His son is playing for him at NW St and he really wanted this job in the past and wasn't treated very well. I'm thinking it will take AT LEAST 200K.

I vote for $250K...

If MM is as good as most of us on the thread think he is, give him complete control of the BB program and he will more than cover his salary within 3 years (increased attendance, NCAA appearances, etc).

+ Reply to Thread