+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Sim have an Ally in Dooley?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Will Sim have an Ally in Dooley?

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    I have yet to mention anything about Tech 2020, but I don't see how anyone can honestly consider it a legitimate step in the right direction. Blind leading the blind. Same people that helped drive this program in the ground are theones on that committee. It's a joke, in my opinion. Johnny don't fall for it, don't let Reneau fool you.
    It's not the words...look at the actions. Not to mention, this is the first time Reneau has really been the face of these promises. Having Chuck Neinas spearhead the coaching search was a step in the right direction. Hiring Dooley with a base salary of 350K is an indicator that we're moving in the right direction. Hiring a committee to come in and tell us what we're doing wrong is a step in the right directions. The raising of assistant coaches salaries is a step in the right direction. When you add these steps up, you can see that we've made more porgress in the past month than we made in the previous five years. It's not about the words, it's about the results. And, so far, you can't argue with the results. I have a feeling we'll be experiencing another coaching search this spring. That should be a good indicator of how serious the administration is.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

I still believe its not the as much the coaches' fault as the AD's. Step in right directions, but don't fall for it. It's going to take more than a couple fo good months to convince me that this program is in the right hands.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    If Reneau really wants to move Tech athletics forward, Coach Sim should get a raise and extension asap. Do whatever it takes to keep him here, I have a feeling he'll get some good offers after this season

Actually, Sim should be put on contract with incentives and a raise!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    I have yet to mention anything about Tech 2020, but I don't see how anyone can honestly consider it a legitimate step in the right direction. Blind leading the blind. Same people that helped drive this program in the ground are theones on that committee. It's a joke, in my opinion. Johnny don't fall for it, don't let Reneau fool you.
    You are a most pessimistic individual. It must be a tough life.

+ Reply to Thread