+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COORDINATORS

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

COORDINATORS

Derek Dooley is EVERYTHING I was looking for in our new HC. He is a leader of men. He is articulate, intelligent, energetic, enthusiastic, & a no-nonsense kind of leader. He is, in my opinion, exactly what we need in our new HC and, like so many of you, I am so grateful that Dr. Reneau chose Derek Dooley! Thank you Dr. Reneau!!

Now, what became obvious to me during the search was that Derek Dooley is not a technician. He is not a guy who is a designer of a specific offense or defense as that is not his specialty. He knows all of the concepts he needs to know about both sides of the ball as evidenced by his emphasis on QB play on offense & punishing the QB on defense. His Louisiana Tech football team will be a team that is mentally & physically TOUGH. It will be a team that will play with great enthusiasm and a team that will make the opponent BEAT them, not beat ourselves. We will all be PROUD of the Louisiana Tech PRODUCT we see on the field next year, a product that will be fun & exciting to watch.

So, it is CRITICAL to Coach Dooley's success that he hire coordinators, offense & defense, that he trusts to install systems that he believes in to implement his objectives for Louisiana Tech football. I am so happy to inform you that he has already discussed this subject with our President prior to coming on board & he will have plenty of $ to hire the men he wants. I have also been told that he has already picked out the two coordinators he wants &, in a short time, they will be announced.

Please KNOW that this old fart is as excited about our future as all of you young bucks!!

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

Re: COORDINATORS

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    Derek Dooley is EVERYTHING I was looking for in our new HC. He is a leader of men. He is articulate, intelligent, energetic, enthusiastic, & a no-nonsense kind of leader. He is, in my opinion, exactly what we need in our new HC and, like so many of you, I am so grateful that Dr. Reneau chose Derek Dooley! Thank you Dr. Reneau!!

Now, what became obvious to me during the search was that Derek Dooley is not a technician. He is not a guy who is a designer of a specific offense or defense as that is not his specialty. He knows all of the concepts he needs to know about both sides of the ball as evidenced by his emphasis on QB play on offense & punishing the QB on defense. His Louisiana Tech football team will be a team that is mentally & physically TOUGH. It will be a team that will play with great enthusiasm and a team that will make the opponent BEAT them, not beat ourselves. We will all be PROUD of the Louisiana Tech PRODUCT we see on the field next year, a product that will be fun & exciting to watch.

So, it is CRITICAL to Coach Dooley's success that he hire coordinators, offense & defense, that he trusts to install systems that he believes in to implement his objectives for Louisiana Tech football. I am so happy to inform you that he has already discussed this subject with our President prior to coming on board & he will have plenty of $ to hire the men he wants. I have also been told that he has already picked out the two coordinators he wants &, in a short time, they will be announced.

Please KNOW that this old fart is as excited about our future as all of you young bucks!!
    Thanks for sharing this! It's already apparent he has a long term vision for this team. It's refreshing to know that he's going to have the flexibility and $$ to hire the RIGHT coordinators to realize his vision. And I'm sure he's already determined who those folks are. I can't wait to see the end result.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

I thought you were announcing them to us right now.....Guess I can wait.:icon_wink:

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

WOW! Great news. Thanks for delivering it to us, Coach Mick.

I was very impressed with Coach Dooley yesterday, also. Having the privilege of sitting in front of you during the ceremony capped a great day.

Big Dog 8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game

i can't!

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    I thought you were announcing them to us right now.....Guess I can wait.:icon_wink:
    So did I.

That was a mean and cruel joke.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Thanks coach, I honestly didn't think this new direction by our admin would ever happen, at least not in my lifetime. I am so thankful that DR has decided to play an active role in athletics and is willing to provide the resources that an athletic program needs in order to be successful. I'm looking forward to a bright future!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

No matter how good Dooley is, he will not be successful without retaining decent coordinators. I really believe the assistant coaches are where most games are won or lost.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Coach! As always, U DA MAN!

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Thanks Coach. Can you tell us what is considered a short time?? Is there a target date?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

we can come up with many great names that he is connected with. im sure he has even more great connections that we dont even know about.

its still fun to speculate.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Steve Spurrier, Jr. and Brad Bradshaw

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post

the best part of this post (from someone we trust that should know) is dooley discussed this with reneau prior to accepting the job, that he will have adequate funding to hire (and keep for more than one year) good assistants, and that he has two candidates in line already. i hope his first choices are already agreeable (have already been approached by dooley) and it is just now a formality to get them signed on the dotted line. i expect this. remember, this is a guy off the nick saban tree...i doubt if he leaves anything to chance.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    we can come up with many great names that he is connected with. im sure he has even more great connections that we dont even know about.

its still fun to speculate.
    ya know, through this whole process the knock on Dooley was the lack of OC experience. There is a university approximately 183 miles due south of us that hired a BCS OC. The cajuns hired Bustle and I guarantee you they haven't experienced the success that they thought they would that day that he took the stage for his press conference. A HC is only gonna be as successful or as good as the folks he surrounds himself with and I believe Dooley has the experience and connections that gives him a high quiality "pool" from which to draw.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Sounds great! Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread