+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stepping Up !!!!!!!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Stepping Up !!!!!!!

In the past I have given money to Tech through this board because whether all agreed or not I wanted to make sure my money was being used for what I wanted not just staples and general budget needs.

I am a teacher and coach my money is precious, as it is to most, and I wanted to make sure it went to a specific cause, now that being said..... I plan to give $50 a month to champs for the next calendar year. I will also try and help with the BBB projects and I am getting my dad season tickets.

If you are giving more than in the past or are givnig for the first time respond to this thread. I am very interested to see how the support is going to swing with the new hire and seemingly new attitude of the department.

I still am caustious about JO and if we revert back to his previous ways of doing business I will stop contributions at the end of the year and go back to giving solely to specific projects.

So Dr. Dan and Dr. Dooley if you want to see the swell of alumni support that you so desperately want and I agree we need, either keep JO in check or improve that position.

Lets see how much is going to head there way!!!!!!! Happy Holidays Dogs... Our Christmas started early and it may continue for a while.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: Stepping Up !!!!!!!

I was considering canceling my $25 a month before Bick was fired. I'm gonna continue giving at my current level, but will be monitering the situation closely. Would probably increase my giving if JO was fired. In addition, I'll be purchasing my first set of season tickets since my student ID will no longer work (even though I could still use it to get in since they won't actually change the cards).

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

In the past I have given to several shell programs (Tech 2000, CHAMPS Plus, etc) but have given very little in the last couple of years. I also cancelled my season tickets a couple of years ago when I told everyone that I thougth Jack Bicknell's attitude was contagious.

Because I considerably slowed down my giving I will write a check to bring myself current and will also renew season tickets (sadly, they have not been taken during the last two seasons). I agree that JO needs to be moved out, but I am on board.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I gave more to Champs in the past than this year. This year I gave more through BB&B than to Champs. However this year was my first year as a season ticket buyer which I gave back to Tech to use as they could. I did attend the aTm and NT games as they are closer to where I live. This year I will return to my previous level of Champs giving, augment specific programs through BB&B, and probably buy 2 season tickets which I plan on using as my brother moved to Minden and I have a very nice excuse for traveling to the games other than the river boats.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I plan to join CHAMPS at the student level ($25/year) for the first time ever, once I figure out how to give and sign up online (at the same time). I'll also help with any SGA/UB/AD plans to roll out student CHAMPS on a larger level.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

FOLLOW THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE.

Varsity Bulldog Nuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the rough Nuke Dawg's Avatar

I too am a teacher and coach. My wife teaches and is a licensed realtor in Louisiana and Mississippi. We have two teenage daughters, so money can indeed be tight at times. I have never given to CHAMPS or bought season tickets before this year. I have given through BB&B and to Alumni, Annual fund, College of Education, etc. This year I have joined CHAMPS at the $50/month level and ordered a family plan season ticket package for football. Like all the others, I will continue this if I see the positive changes that I so desperately want for my university.
    On another note, if anyone, or if you know of anyone, moving to or from the St. Tammany area, please consider using a Tech alumnus as their real estate agent!
    Nuke

+ Reply to Thread