+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trump v. Rosie

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Trump v. Rosie

I saw a clip on YouTube the other day about this thing...pretty funny. Here are my favorite Trump quotes in this article:

1) "I think she's very attracted to Miss USA so she probably wanted to put the crown on her head herself."

2) "She (Rosie) is a very, very unattractive woman who really is a bully."

3) "Ultimately, Rosie is a loser, and ultimately ("The View") will fail because of Rosie. ... "

4) "I never went bankrupt, but she said I went bankrupt. So probably I'll sue her because it would be fun."

Gotta love Trump calling it like he sees it.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=245698&GT1=7703

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Trump v. Rosie

You missed the one where he said something like, "Look at her. Can you believe some poor woman has to kiss her goodnight?"

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Trump has never been one to mince his words. Here's the YouTube clip I was referring to.

Pretty blunt but very funny (and true)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGZaCnfNgLE

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Barbara Walters must think the same thing every single day "I've made a tewwible tewwible mistake".

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    Barbara Walters must think the same thing every single day "I've made a tewwible tewwible mistake".
    Quite the contrary...... Watch the ratings and watch Rosie work Trump like a puppet. Rosie and Barbara are no dummies.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Quite the contrary...... Watch the ratings and watch Rosie work Trump like a puppet. Rosie and Barbara are no dummies.
    I really dont know who to pull for on this because both of these people absolutely get under my skin.

Trump is a pompous windbag, and I laughed my arse off when he was acting like he was taking some moral highroad by letting that girl keep her crown. I had the same thoughts Rosie did about his PR stunt.

Rosie used to be okay until she came out of the closet. I have nothing against that, but since then, everything has to be about her being gay. Case and point, the Clay Aiken thing. Claiming that Rippa's comments were homophobic is absurd. Aiken claims that he isnt gay, how can those comments be homophobic? Rosie's speculation that Clay is gay shows how much she stereotypes a gay male, thus adding to a problem that she should be against. She has been obnoxious about her gayness since coming out of the closet.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I really dont know who to pull for on this because both of these people absolutely get under my skin.

Trump is a pompous windbag, and I laughed my arse off when he was acting like he was taking some moral highroad by letting that girl keep her crown. I had the same thoughts Rosie did about his PR stunt.

Rosie used to be okay until she came out of the closet. I have nothing against that, but since then, everything has to be about her being gay. Case and point, the Clay Aiken thing. Claiming that Rippa's comments were homophobic is absurd. Aiken claims that he isnt gay, how can those comments be homophobic? Rosie's speculation that Clay is gay shows how much she stereotypes a gay male, thus adding to a problem that she should be against. She has been obnoxious about her gayness since coming out of the closet.
    Actually, I don't like either one of them either. I do think that Barbara and Rosie know just what they are doing, though. Trump may know money, but he has never been good at winning public perception. It has always plagued him. Not that he cared, I guess, because he just bought what he wanted, but my money is on Rosie for coming out of this one with what she wants - ratings........

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Actually, I don't like either one of them either. I do think that Barbara and Rosie know just what they are doing, though. Trump may know money, but he has never been good at winning public perception. It has always plagued him. Not that he cared, I guess, because he just bought what he wanted, but my money is on Rosie for coming out of this one with what she wants - ratings........

I think it depends on how far Trump wants to take it. First off, nobody is going to turn on the View just for this unless it's someone that watches it anyway. Therefore, I really don't see their ratings going up that much if any. I think if Rosie continues to push this, Trump will have her off the show and out of business for a while.

Barbara knows exactly what she is doing:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16316122/

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Barbara knows exactly what she is doing:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16316122/
    I disagree. I think Barbara knew that Rosie would bring ratings, but did not expect her to be as antagonistic as she is. If Rosie doesn't calm down, she will be punished in one way or another. Probably what will happen is Barbara will have a talk to her and Rosie will bow out of the feud by stating that she has been silenced and still making it known how she feels about Trump, etc...

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Come on guys - these two windbags both know what they are doing. Rosie is bring ratings to The View, and Donald has a new Apprentice airing, they are both benefiting. However, I'll have to take a little Rosie side on this one (just barely). It's amazing that Trump who is a billionaire can't come up with more insults better than she's fat, ugly, dumb, and a loser. She may be fat and ugly, but dumb and a loser she's not (her 6 Emmy's prove that). I just expected more from the Donald. It' sounds more like comments from a 10 year old who got his feelings hurt.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Babara did not know the extent to which Rosie would change "the view". bottom line. I will say that she has come out and said that she doesn't regret the decision, but what would you expect to say if she wasn't firing her.

It all hit the fan when Rosie said that fundamentalist chrisitans were more dangerous than fundamentalists muslims. Since then the Kelly Ripa homophobia, calling Oprah a lesbian, and mocking Chinese people have all added up.

Now with the attack on a person who Barbara has close ties to, it's not really in question whether she made a mistake or not. Even Trump said that Barbara can't stand Rosie. Rating are the only thing she has brought and it's simply not the kind of ratings Barbara Walters (who still considers herself a legitimate journalist) wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    Rating are the only thing she has brought and it's simply not the kind of ratings Barbara Walters (who still considers herself a legitimate journalist) wanted.
    Don't be so sure. Rosie was very frank with Barbara about what she would bring to the show. In press releases, Rosie stated that she would be controversial and wanted to make sure Barbara knew what she was getting into. The View was sedate and boring before Rosie. I have never watched the show, but I have watched the ratings. The View was on its way to being canceled when Barbara brought her in. Now, it is right at the top of daytime again. Seems like a smart decision by Barbara, who is a business person above all else - just like Donald.

This is all about hyping their shows. That is all. I wouldn't doubt it if it was all pre-arranged by The View and The Apprentice.

Donald was not insulted by any of what Rosie stated about his morals. He has ONLY picked up what she stated about him not having the amount of money that he claims to have and about his bankruptcies.

They are both after ratings and are getting them.

+ Reply to Thread