+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: LSU GAME 30TH

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: LSU GAME 30TH

I know we are having our struggles this year, but I think Long is a good coach. I base this on what I saw over the course of the season last year. I saw a much better coached team than I had the year before. I felt we were organized and motivated. LSU has been rolling over everybody they have played. They did not do this to us despite their more heralded talent. I do not know if we can return to the glory of the past because it simply is a new ballgame in WBB. However, I am optimistic about the future of the Lady Techsters.

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

I was impressed with the turn out of Tech fans. Any idea how many were there? Be honest did not see a lot of the regulars that attend at TAC. I am assuming a lot of local fans from the New Orleans area.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Not one of our better games. Fowles was the difference imo. LSU is not nearly the team with her sitting on the bench. It was very obvious. It was obvious also that this was a "homer" for LSU. Refs let Fowles do way more than she should have been able to get away with.

I have to agree that our intensity is just not there...save for April and Amber. The rest of the team seems to be in slow motion or wandering around with confused looks on their faces. This is NOT a Techsters team of old...but it's not coached by Leon either.

I'm getting a sense too that we're not worried about the "non-conference" games..."they don't count"...sound familiar??? Every game counts...imo. I'm not saying Long has said that, I'm just saying I don't sense that "they" feel like those games are as important as the conference games. Heck, they're all important.

It's just frustrating to watch our storied program descend to mediocrity...and watch an LSU program become the program in the State that everyone talks about. I HATE LSU...always have and always will. LA Tech has allowed LSU to steal the one thing we had over them...Womens Basketball. It's a shame...

And why wasn't our band and cheerleaders there? It's like we put no effort into this game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    Not one of our better games. Fowles was the difference imo. LSU is not nearly the team with her sitting on the bench. It was very obvious. It was obvious also that this was a "homer" for LSU. Refs let Fowles do way more than she should have been able to get away with.

I have to agree that our intensity is just not there...save for April and Amber. The rest of the team seems to be in slow motion or wandering around with confused looks on their faces. This is NOT a Techsters team of old...but it's not coached by Leon either.

I'm getting a sense too that we're not worried about the "non-conference" games..."they don't count"...sound familiar??? Every game counts...imo. I'm not saying Long has said that, I'm just saying I don't sense that "they" feel like those games are as important as the conference games. Heck, they're all important.

It's just frustrating to watch our storied program descend to mediocrity...and watch an LSU program become the program in the State that everyone talks about. I HATE LSU...always have and always will. LA Tech has allowed LSU to steal the one thing we had over them...Womens Basketball. It's a shame...

And why wasn't our band and cheerleaders there? It's like we put no effort into this game.
    I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Are we sinking "to" mediocracy or are we rising "from" the mediocracy of the last few years. I think it is the latter and we are going through the growing pains of that by getting players in the program that will make a difference.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Champion...I value and respect your devotion to the Techsters. I really do. I hope you end up right and I'm wrong...

Varsity Bulldog eddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really nice eddawgfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I know we are having our struggles this year, but I think Long is a good coach. I base this on what I saw over the course of the season last year. I saw a much better coached team than I had the year before. I felt we were organized and motivated. LSU has been rolling over everybody they have played. They did not do this to us despite their more heralded talent. I do not know if we can return to the glory of the past because it simply is a new ballgame in WBB. However, I am optimistic about the future of the Lady Techsters.
    I agree with BUZDAWG......and want to add that I believe Long is very dedicated to the program and wants this program to be back on top. With his dedication and players wanting to win as I believe our players do, this should be a fun year for the fans. Every game will be fun to watch. There are so many really good WBB programs now that it is difficult to get the best players. I for one am very proud of this group of girls and Coach Long and his staff.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

LSU handled this game like true Nazis. The band would have had to purchase tickets through ticketmaster like everyone else and the number of "passes" was limited. In fact, no one bothered to tell Tech the what the ticketmaster promotion code was for the Tech section at the game.

Oh, and for me not being able to go.

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! for saying that. I'm sure you're a more respected person on this board than I am so it's better these people hear it from you than me....but again Thanks!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I for one love the differing opinions, I am not gonna jump on the lynch wagon for Chris Longs head though. Lets see what happens when we get out of conference and the conference tournament. Lets not make the playoffs before we light the torches.
    I also know that some want to make the fight that if we don't win the first round of the NCAA tournament that he should be let go but then we would have had to let Leon go after he lost to UCSB in the first round back a few years ago.
    I have a problem losing games to the top programs and I love the passion that everyone shows on here no matter how far in left field some are. People want to see what they want to see and right now what I see is a Tech team that in spurts looks good but in spurts we look awful.
    We have 16 games to get where we can play 40 minutes of basketball at the same level we are used to playing. I will be the first to say though that the standard I am looking for is not the standard we had when we made the final four the last time. We were in decline then wheather we want to admit it or not. I want to see us return to when we won it with Weatherspoon and Lawson. That should be our goal that was when all the Techsters lived and died on the floor. Back in the olden days as some of you will call it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I for one love the differing opinions, I am not gonna jump on the lynch wagon for Chris Longs head though. Lets see what happens when we get out of conference and the conference tournament. Lets not make the playoffs before we light the torches.
    I also know that some want to make the fight that if we don't win the first round of the NCAA tournament that he should be let go but then we would have had to let Leon go after he lost to UCSB in the first round back a few years ago.
    I have a problem losing games to the top programs and I love the passion that everyone shows on here no matter how far in left field some are. People want to see what they want to see and right now what I see is a Tech team that in spurts looks good but in spurts we look awful.
    We have 16 games to get where we can play 40 minutes of basketball at the same level we are used to playing. I will be the first to say though that the standard I am looking for is not the standard we had when we made the final four the last time. We were in decline then wheather we want to admit it or not. I want to see us return to when we won it with Weatherspoon and Lawson. That should be our goal that was when all the Techsters lived and died on the floor. Back in the olden days as some of you will call it.
    Good post and you are exactly right. We have to come prepared to give it everything we got every single game. NO GIMMIES this year.

I have no doubts that we can sweep the conference, but we are going to have to work at it. San Jose is a good place to start. We should go in ANGRY and totally dominate!

+ Reply to Thread