+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU GAME 30TH

Bulldog Woodlands Dawg is an unknown Woodlands Dawg's Avatar

Re: LSU GAME 30TH

When was the last time Tech beat LSU in anything?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Shan is 0 for 10............

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we can make a run against the #6 team in the country. It would take a miracle to win this one. We have been playing tough, though. We need to fight till the end.

Bulldog Woodlands Dawg is an unknown Woodlands Dawg's Avatar

Maybe we should have had a better gameplan against her then.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodlands Dawg View Post
    Maybe we should have had a better gameplan against her then.
    We have held her to like 6 points. Our game plan has been awesome against her. She is one of the best players in the country. Every team in the country is saying what you just stated.

I just want us to fight till the end now. Not a bad performance against them. I would have LOVED to have won this one, but we are not to that point this year.

On to conference play now.

61-44 final......

We fought HARD and I am proud of them.

Varsity Bulldog techfan4life has turned a few heads around heretechfan4life has turned a few heads around here

If Shan had hit some of her shots, this game would have been much different. Overall though, we held our own against a very good team.

We CAN run the table in conference again. I think that should now be the goal. We knew we were not a top 10 team, but we are rebuilding. I can wait for it, but we need to work hard to make sure no one upsets us in conference play.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodlands Dawg View Post
    When was the last time Tech beat LSU in anything?
    At the men's Cross Country meet at Auburn this fall!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't think we can make a run against the #6 team in the country. It would take a miracle to win this one. We have been playing tough, though. We need to fight till the end.

If LSU is the #6 team in the country, then wbb must really suck. The only thing LSU has going for them is Sylvia Fowles. When she was out of the game, they were an average team. While watching this game, several things became readily apparent to me. First, I miss Leon Barmore. I hate to say it, but Chris Long is in over his head. We looked like a high school team out there. We certainly didn't look like the Techsters. I think Dawg80 pointed these things out before. I don't buy the argument that we don't have any talent. The difference in the game today was heart and hustle. We had girls standing around in the lane while rebounds were bouncing on the floor right next to them without their trying to even grab the ball. We had girls nearly walking back down the floor for defense after we missed our shots. We didn't shoot with a purpose. All of our shots were just thrown up at the goal. The only girl that looked like a Techster was #50, Williams. She never stopped. We made bounce passes to girls that were covered, and by covered I mean the defender between her and the ball-stupid passes. We mad many stupid passes that the previous Techsters never made-and these weren't passes under pressure either. The team I saw play on t.v. could play with anyone if they were coached properly.

The second thing that was evident was that the officials decided to let Fowler play the entire second half. While, overall, the officiating wasn't bad, there were several non-calls in which we had position only to have Fowles come flying from 10 feet away and land on our girls and get the rebound with no call. She should have been sitting down for at least 10 minutes in the second half. I'll say it again. Fowles is the only reason that LSU is as good as they are. When they face better coached teams, they will lose.

The third thing I noticed is that whenever the Techsters are on t.v., the camera needs to be on Metoyer as much as possible.

Oh, and I hated the pro-LSU broadcast. I had hoped that since Cox is statewide, that it would have been more of a neutral broadcast. Like at the end when we finally, cleanly blocked a shot by Fowles, the announcer said the ball slipped out of her hand. Anyway, that's my assessment from having grown up around wbb for 40 years. Take it for what it's worth.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

61-44 final......

We fought HARD and I am proud of them.

We didn't fight for jack. That's not the type of fight I'm used to seeing from the Techsters. Too many girls standing around on rebounds and defense. We need a new coach.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

We CAN run the table in conference again. I think that should now be the goal. We knew we were not a top 10 team, but we are rebuilding. I can wait for it, but we need to work hard to make sure no one upsets us in conference play.
    The conference tournament is all that matters now. The next 16 games are just preliminaries for the main event in Las Cruces.

Looking at the projected RPIs posted on collegerpi.com, Tech ia listed 16-13 through the record season (11-5 WAC) with a 126 RPI projection. Even running the table in the WAC would only put Tech around 90. No WAC teams are currently projected to be in the RPI Top 90 going into conference tournaments.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Long is whining during the post-game interview on the radio. I swear, he sounds just like k.r.
    jmo

Bulldog am4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around here am4titansandlsu's Avatar

Fowles is the only reason that LSU is as good as they are. When they face better coached teams, they will lose.
    ===================
    We played a top 10 team in Ohio State and beat them by about 20. You just cant admit LSU is good. Our men did look bad against you, but it is kind of hard to get pumped up playing a team with a losing record. Good game though.

Quote Originally Posted by am4titansandlsu View Post
    Fowles is the only reason that LSU is as good as they are. When they face better coached teams, they will lose.
    ===================
    We played a top 10 team in Ohio State and beat them by about 20. You just cant admit LSU is good. Our men did look bad against you, but it is kind of hard to get pumped up playing a team with a losing record. Good game though.
    Yeah, I expected your men's team to beat us worst than they did, as I did your women's team. As far as Fowles being your team, the facts speak for themselves. She sat down for 13 minutes in the first half and the Techsters went into halftime with a one point lead despite having twice as many turnovers as LSU and LSU have more than twice the points off those turnovers. When the refs allowed Fowles to play rough in the second half, it was a different ball game because we don't have a coach that knows how to get her out of position. In the Ohio State game, Fowles had 18 points and 16 rebounds with only 2 fouls. I bet she didn't sit for 13 minutes for a half. With Fowles on the bench, we outrebounded LSU by around 10 boards in the first half. Face it, without Fowles you don't have squat. If we had a better coach, we would have been ahead of you guys by at least 10 going into half time.

+ Reply to Thread