+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: LSU GAME 30TH

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: LSU GAME 30TH

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I figured this would be how the posts went if we lost this game. The Techsters got beat by a top 10 team today. Since we are not a top 10 team right now, it made sense. Honestly, I was just hoping against hope that we could pull this off.

I am not going to get into all of this about how good or bad we are. I just heard a defensive battle in which we led the #6 team in the country at halftime and stayed in the game until the last 5 minutes.

Not going to argue the point. We have to go forward from here. I am not let down and any fan with any sense would be proud of our Techsters today. Remember, this is one of lsu's best teams and one of our most down years. We are improving and will be fine.

I will stand by the Techsters. So, to all you fans out there that love the Lady Techsters, hang tough. Seasons like this are the true test. Don't get into all the negativity.

Signing off for the night.
    Champ,
    Did you ONLY hear my negatives? I said some positive things as well. Yes, I agree that we got beat by a top 10 team. I think LSU is a great team, and we were in the game for a good part of it. My opinions about Long are just mine, and I'd love to be proven wrong...even if it takes a couple of years to be proven wrong. I am a Techster fan, I'm not yet a Long fan. That's all I was attempting to say. I was not happy with the outcome of the game today, who (on the Tech side) would be? BUT, I do see progress in this team today from a month ago. I've stopped comparing them to the past glory teams, and am now hoping for them to discover THEIR place in Techster history.

Varsity Bulldog dawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    this is what just drives me crazy. the same people who talk about our tradition, our legacy, are the same people who are proud when our team plays poorly and loses to a top 10 team. if you tout the legacy, remember the legacy when we used to beat top 10 teams. if you tout the legacy, remember the legacy when we used to destroy inferior competition. now we try to beat those same teams we used to destroy. any fan with any sense would not be proud after being beaten, no matter the opponent.

Damn right!!!! This team is a farcical imitation of a Techsters team. We are reaping the legacy of Reneau for letting Mulkey walk. I would rather see the program closed if this is what we have to look forward to . I once saw the Techsters beat UT Pan-Am by 100 pts. Those days are, sadly, gone forever.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Farfromafar,
    I read your comments and wasn't referring to you.

I still don't want to get into defending the Techsters or Coach Long to everyone. Honestly, I am tired. Seems that I have to do this constantly. The fact is that we are rebuilding and some can't see it. I will continue to be positive. It is my nature. I want what is best for Tech and I see something being rebuilt. It is going to take time to build what we had again. It has been gone for several years and is tough to get back. We will, though.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Champ,

Hang in there...You are the one that give me hope...Thanks for all your comments..

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Farfromafar,
    I read your comments and wasn't referring to you.

I still don't want to get into defending the Techsters or Coach Long to everyone. Honestly, I am tired. Seems that I have to do this constantly. The fact is that we are rebuilding and some can't see it. I will continue to be positive. It is my nature. I want what is best for Tech and I see something being rebuilt. It is going to take time to build what we had again. It has been gone for several years and is tough to get back. We will, though.

I thought you were signing off for the night. See Champ, that's the problem. You feel like you have to defend the Techsters. There is nothing to defend. Are we in a rebuilding mode? I don't know if I'm sold on that. I think we have plenty of talent. Once again, I think you're constantly in a "defense mode" when it comes to the Techsters. It's almost as if by saying there is a problem with the Techsters you feel it will be the death knell for the Techsters and will give the administration the validation they need to remove funding from the Techsters. As much as you fear it, it's not going to happen. The administration isn't going to cut funding from the Techsters, and I agree that they shouldn't. There really is nothing to defend here. The Techsters aren't the Techsters of old and unless we get a better coach they won't be. I saw too many mistakes that are the result of bad coaching. There really is nothing to defend. Your blind refusal to acknowledge it is really sad.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Champ, I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it's obvious you don't hold the Lady Techsters to the same standard that you do the other Tech teams. I get the impression that you're worried that if you admit that the Techsters aren't the elite program they once were, then that will justify all the anti-Techster posters on the board. That's not the case. Your blind refusal to see that there is a serious problem with the Techster coaching and that all will return to normal is causing you to lose much credibility. To be this far along in the season and still be making these types of mistakes and still have such poor shooting performances is inexcusable for a good coached team. I know you probably think I'm a Techster basher, but the fact is that I've been to more Techster games than Dunkin' Dawgs. I grew up with wbb. It's in my blood. My mom dragged me all over the state when she coached girls bb. I knew who Kim Mulkey was before most of the people who followed her career at Tech. When I seriously thought about getting into coaching, there were two ultimate positions that would have been my Notre Dame-the football HC or the Lady Techsters. I'm sure I'll now catch hell for that admission, but I don't care. I want nothing but success for the Techsters and wish we had more money and incentives to get a top coach.

There is no way in hell that this LSU team is better than the team that they had with Augustus. You did not see that game. What you heard wasn't what was on t.v. We were not in this game until the last 5 minutes. This LSU team is an average team without Fowles. I'm not trying to bash our players. Unlike you and others, I think we have very good talent on this team. I just don't think they are coached well. I don't know how much of the basics Long deals with in practice, but it's not enough. As I said before, there was only one player that I thought played with the intensity and heart that I'm accustomed to seeing in the Techsters. The rest, in my opinion, should be on the baseline tomorrow preparing to run steps until they're ready to hustle for every ball and play intense defense all game.

Fanfromafar, I'm not trying to bash our players. I think our players are as talented as any in the country. In my opinion, the only thing Fowles had on our players was a couple of inches and some refs who let her get physical in the second half. I would hope that our players would read this and understand that I don't think they aren't talented. I'll say it for the millionth time. I think we have as talented players as anybody else. The just lack the hustle and heart. I believe in them. I just want them to believe in themselves. I didn't see a team that believed in itself. I really thought all was lost by seeing some of the scores and listening to some of the performances. However, after watching that game tonight, I'm not worried about our players' abilities. I truly believe they are much better than they displayed. The mistakes they made weren't as a result of not being talented. They were mental. Once they get over that, they will be fine. Maybe Champ can take some time off to go volunteer to help them get over that. I will say that if we get over the mental meltdowns we're having, our conference slate will be no problem. We'll win the tourney and make the NCAA's again and possibly turn some heads.
    I just re-read your post. I mistakingly took it for bashing before I had read it before. It isn't and I apologize.

I do not think we are an elite program right now, so I hope that no one has misunderstood my stance on that. I think we lost that a couple of years ago, possibly even the last year of Barmore to be honest.

Also, I don't want to lay all the problems at the feet of Budke. He did ok in his first year here. He did, however, take some shortcuts and recruit lots of JUCO's. While JUCO's are great and needed, you can't build a whole program on them. You have to have a core of 4 year players to build from. Then, you add the JUCO's as needed to get the talent level right. That is what Long has started to do.

Now, that brings us to Long. Long was sought after as a HC for several programs. Dirty is right. I was not "for" hiring him. However, I was quickly converted after hearing him and talking to him. He definitely knows what he is doing. It will take a little time for him to do it, though.

As for our talent, we have some real talent on this team. I don't know why our offense doesn't work well to tell you the truth. I do think it is a mental issue - just like Dirty stated. On defense, I think we are doing fine. We held an lsu team that scores in the 80's in most games. We did well in that area. If I were working with the team, I would concentrate on Shan and Eboni. They both have the shooting skills to get this team to come alive, but it has been missing.

I, too, grew up on Techster bball. I know what they used to be. My opinion is that this is being built again. Until then, we will have some losses like today. That is going to be tough on all us fans and our team. I demand that we get back to the top - just like all of you. I am NOT SATISFIED! I will repeat that if you wish. I DO see something special being built, though. It will be up and down until it happens. I will hang with them. Most coaches are given 3 years to show what they can do. I have no doubt that Long will accomplish amazing things, if we give him a chance and understand what he is doing.

Whew...... Enough for me tonight. Blast me for being too positive or being complacent, but if you do that, you truly don't understand what I am saying.

Good night all!:icon_wink:

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Just like with football, I don't get upset that we lost...I'm upset at the way we lost. We played sloppy. Not a very disciplined basketball team.

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I just re-read your post. I mistakingly took it for bashing before I had read it before. It isn't and I apologize.

I do not think we are an elite program right now, so I hope that no one has misunderstood my stance on that. I think we lost that a couple of years ago, possibly even the last year of Barmore to be honest.

Also, I don't want to lay all the problems at the feet of Budke. He did ok in his first year here. He did, however, take some shortcuts and recruit lots of JUCO's. While JUCO's are great and needed, you can't build a whole program on them. You have to have a core of 4 year players to build from. Then, you add the JUCO's as needed to get the talent level right. That is what Long has started to do.

Now, that brings us to Long. Long was sought after as a HC for several programs. Dirty is right. I was not "for" hiring him. However, I was quickly converted after hearing him and talking to him. He definitely knows what he is doing. It will take a little time for him to do it, though.

As for our talent, we have some real talent on this team. I don't know why our offense doesn't work well to tell you the truth. I do think it is a mental issue - just like Dirty stated. On defense, I think we are doing fine. We held an lsu team that scores in the 80's in most games. We did well in that area. If I were working with the team, I would concentrate on Shan and Eboni. They both have the shooting skills to get this team to come alive, but it has been missing.

I, too, grew up on Techster bball. I know what they used to be. My opinion is that this is being built again. Until then, we will have some losses like today. That is going to be tough on all us fans and our team. I demand that we get back to the top - just like all of you. I am NOT SATISFIED! I will repeat that if you wish. I DO see something special being built, though. It will be up and down until it happens. I will hang with them. Most coaches are given 3 years to show what they can do. I have no doubt that Long will accomplish amazing things, if we give him a chance and understand what he is doing.

Whew...... Enough for me tonight. Blast me for being too positive or being complacent, but if you do that, you truly don't understand what I am saying.

Good night all!:icon_wink:

Champ, I think the frustration is due to the fact that we fans aren't used to the Techsters "rebuilding". We were one of the elite in WBB and those kind of teams dont "rebuild", they "reload"! Another frustration is the fact that since we know we cant compete in recruiting against some of the bigger conferences, what kind of rebuilding are we doing? Are we rebuilding to be in the elite again or are we rebuilding to make sure we can defeat the Warhawks of ULM? Two different kinds of rebuilding I tell ya.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Now, that brings us to Long. Long was sought after as a HC for several programs. Dirty is right.
    Can you name one besides NMSU?
    ________
    TAURUS SOFTAIR SPRING POWERED PISTOL
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:40 AM.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Watched this one on t.v.; I've lost interest in bothering to go to the games.

Long is in way over his head.

He's being paid way too much for the "defective product" he's offering to us Tech Nation consumers.

We have some talent (student athletes); it's the coaching that sucks.

just my personal opinion.

PS: If he cannot recruit some BIGS; and, if he can't ignite some passion amongst the players; best he should resign right now and let someone else have a go at it ??

again, jmo

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Watched this one on t.v.; I've lost interest in bothering to go to the games.

Long is in way over his head.

He's being paid way too much for the "defective product" he's offering to us Tech Nation consumers.

We have some talent (student athletes); it's the coaching that sucks.

just my personal opinion.

PS: If he cannot recruit some BIGS; and, if he can't ignite some passion amongst the players; best he should resign right now and let someone else have a go at it ??

again, jmo

Opposing opinions are great but not welcomed on this board.............unfortunately.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Just win!

The Techsters didn't suffer as badly as our Dogs did in Fayettenam!

That was not easy to enjoy. But I am so grateful to see the Dogs without driving all night, that I appreciated the experience!

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Ok first of all LSU is an elite team now. They didn't just get Miss Mississsippi basketball. they get at least two miss all american basketballs. They are where we used to be. I did not expect to beat this team. BUT I alson didn't expect to be beating this team at half time. Tech is not getting that much worse. We just are not where a few of the elite teams are. Texas AM was a top 10 team that got beat by Rice. We killed Rice. We are not LSU right now but we certainly are not far from it. Stop being spoiled and face reality. It's not the 80's anymore but we certainly can be competitive. It ain't over here people. Be patient.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Tech lacks a go to player. Something even Graduation has not taken away until now. Shan Moore and Ty Moore are good but not the go to players that we depended on with Tasha Williams. That player is just not there. Next year and maybe even this year that player will step up but it is not in the seniors.

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

We shoot 40 percent and we beat LSU. Tech has a good defensive team. Shooting confidence has been a weakness for the last 2 seasons. We are still running an offense 16 points behind or ahead. NO difference. We need shooters.

+ Reply to Thread