+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gerald Ford passes away

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Gerald Ford passes away

The former prez died last night. He was 93.

Already interesting watching the spin on his short presidency. Greenfield, on CNN, had an interesting take on his appointment to VP and the subsequent pardon of Nixon.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Gerald Ford passes away

The liberal network idiots just can't help themselves. They are such a sad and sick lot.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Longest-living president, barely edging Reagan.

I was born during his brief term, so I've always felt "connected." Even ESPN did a spot about him b/c of his college FB days. I saw it at a restaurant, though, and couldn't hear the sound.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I have intentionally stayed away from any reporting being done on Ford, even the blogs. I was not able to vote when he ran against Carter, but that was my first experience at the MSM attacking a man to get their guy in. They portrayed Ford as a bumbling, stumbling idiot despite the fact that he was a two year starter, playing both ways on two undefeated Michigan national champion football teams. The press did everything they could to make him look dumb, clumsy and incompetent.

With all that said, he was a far cry better than Nixon. Despite the revisionist history of the republicans (as opposed to the conservative movement) Nixon was a horrible president. What kind of conservative would try to fight inflation with price controls?

Ford was the right man for the job at that time. There was no way the press was going to allow another Republican in office. Despite the full court press by the press, Ford closed the gap on Carter.

Now, I am no Ford apologist. His solution to fight inflation was to have a campaign for the citizens to voluntarily "whip inflation now." It was nothing but goofy stuff.

Guy, we forget how bad it was back then. Thank God Carter was such a bad president, that Milton Friedman won a Pulitzer Prize for economics and Reagan read his book.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I have intentionally stayed away from any reporting being done on Ford, even the blogs. I was not able to vote when he ran against Carter, but that was my first experience at the MSM attacking a man to get their guy in. They portrayed Ford as a bumbling, stumbling idiot despite the fact that he was a two year starter, playing both ways on two undefeated Michigan national champion football teams. The press did everything they could to make him look dumb, clumsy and incompetent.

With all that said, he was a far cry better than Nixon. Despite the revisionist history of the republicans (as opposed to the conservative movement) Nixon was a horrible president. What kind of conservative would try to fight inflation with price controls?

Ford was the right man for the job at that time. There was no way the press was going to allow another Republican in office. Despite the full court press by the press, Ford closed the gap on Carter.

Now, I am no Ford apologist. His solution to fight inflation was to have a campaign for the citizens to voluntarily "whip inflation now." It was nothing but goofy stuff.

Guy, we forget how bad it was back then. Thank God Carter was such a bad president, that Milton Friedman won a Pulitzer Prize for economics and Reagan read his book.
    Nixon was a horrible President? You better not let Cool Hand Clyde heard you say that! Nixon made a number of morally wrong choices as President but he also made a number of very good political decisions, such as opening relations with China and establishing the EPA. He also got us out of Viet-nam.

BTW, I still have my WIN magnetic circle for the 'frig.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Ford cut taxes and cut spending and began the era of deregulation and vetoed more spending bills than Carter, Reagan, Bushes, and Clinton combined.

It seems he did more than just make WIN buttons.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Nixon was a horrible President? You better not let Cool Hand Clyde heard you say that! Nixon made a number of morally wrong choices as President but he also made a number of very good political decisions
    The evil that men do live after them. The good is oft interred with their bones.

+ Reply to Thread