+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fiesta Bowl

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

Re: Fiesta Bowl

"You think you can win on talent alone. Gentlemen, you don't have enough talent to win on talent alone!" Herb Brooks to the 1980 US Hockey Team

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    That is right, and if the big guys don't learn the lesson soon, they will continue to loose games like this. I think Stoops was outcoached last night, but I think it was because he wasn't prepared for what he faced because he never had to until last night. He coached better his first few years when he didn't have the talent to coach without originality.

I hope this turns the world of the BCS monopoly upside down.

The running back also stated that Oklahoma did not respect Boise on the field or off. I think this includes coaches as well. I can't help but to think that Boise shocked the daylights out of Stoops with their physical abilities as well as their discipline and execution.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogeatdogworld View Post
    The running back also stated that Oklahoma did not respect Boise on the field or off. I think this includes coaches as well. I can't help but to think that Boise shocked the daylights out of Stoops with their physical abilities as well as their discipline and execution.
    This is the kind of thing I will abstain from talking about.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    If there is an article in the Shreveport paper, it sure is not a big article, because I just tried to find it and couldn't.

Are we SURE that this actually happened?
    It was on page 2 bottom right-hand. Pretty good article, AP feed.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Boise St. last night was BY FAR the most well-prepared, well-coached team I have ever seen play the game of football. Their execution of an imaginative, complex offense was a sight to see. They played fundamentally sound on defense, and they won the battle of the HITTING. They brought the game TO Oklahoma. They played HARD and with immense heart. Stoops was outclassed from start to finish by Boise State's coaching staff. I loved it when I heard Ian Johnson talk about how OU showed them no respect all week, like they were OU's "kid brothers". I am a huge Bronco fan right now!

And Chris Peterson had balls the size of county fair prize-winning pumpkins.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    You DO have TIVO I hope. If not, well.........poor thing!
    I did get a Tivo like card for my computer, and am currently setting it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    I thought that the clock stayed on 1:26 while OU got four plays to tie take the lead. Is that true?
    The clock doesn't run on an extra point.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    Boise St. last night was BY FAR the most well-prepared, well-coached team I have ever seen play the game of football. Their execution of an imaginative, complex offense was a sight to see. They played fundamentally sound on defense, and they won the battle of the HITTING. They brought the game TO Oklahoma. They played HARD and with immense heart. Stoops was outclassed from start to finish by Boise State's coaching staff. I loved it when I heard Ian Johnson talk about how OU showed them no respect all week, like they were OU's "kid brothers". I am a huge Bronco fan right now!

And Chris Peterson had balls the size of county fair prize-winning pumpkins.
    I completely agree... yet the so-called experts like ESPN's Mark May and Robert Smith still think Boise is a fluke. They went on to say even if we had a playoff that Boise would not have the depth and that Boise wasn't physical enough to make it past one game, so why bother having one? Don't know about you, but it sounds like somebody's scared to play a WAC team.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Congrats to the Broncos....

Bigger congrats to Ian Johnson and his cheerleader...scores the winning 2 points and then proposes....can't top that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Ian Johnson proposing to his girlfriend on the field, on national TV afterwards just puts it over the top. We'll talk about this one 50 years from now.
    It was like a freakin' movie. Unbelievable game, and great credibility boost for the WAC.

I'm really impressed with how well Johnson managed two very stressful situations at once: playing in the biggest game of BSU's history and knowing he was about to propose to his girlfriend. Good stuff.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I completely agree... yet the so-called experts like ESPN's Mark May and Robert Smith still think Boise is a fluke. They went on to say even if we had a playoff that Boise would not have the depth and that Boise wasn't physical enough to make it past one game, so why bother having one? Don't know about you, but it sounds like somebody's scared to play a WAC team.
    That whole excuse is really getting old. It's not like they would play a game at noon and turn around and play at 6. There would be a week in between. And Boise St. did it for how many weeks in a row?
    But I still like the arguement that says out of the 66 BCS schools only ONE of them could win 3 weeks in a row. So what's the difference if Boise St. was in there.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

The BCS schools should welcome a 16 team (11 conf champs, 5 best remaining) playoff then. Those that got a non BCS school in the first round would have the equivalent of a bye since everyone knows that the non-BCS schools don't even belong on the same field as the big boys.

As in most things, it is all about the money. The BCS schools simply want as much as they can get plus a little more, and the heck with everyone else.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN View Post
    That whole excuse is really getting old. It's not like they would play a game at noon and turn around and play at 6. There would be a week in between. And Boise St. did it for how many weeks in a row?
    But I still like the arguement that says out of the 66 BCS schools only ONE of them could win 3 weeks in a row. So what's the difference if Boise St. was in there.
    Its called arrogance. Mark May and pal are supremely that - and supremely wrong. Boise State has proven that at every opportunity!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Didn't mark may predict that Pitt would be playing in the NC last season? Why does anybody pay any attention to him? He's worse than Trev Alberts...AND THAT'S BAD!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Didn't mark may predict that Pitt would be playing in the NC last season? Why does anybody pay any attention to him? He's worse than Trev Alberts...AND THAT'S BAD!

It will be one helluva long time before Pitt is ever a Big East challenger.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Does ANYONE have a recording in ANY format of the game at all??? I really would like a copy and not end up paying $50 for it, a commerative t-shirt, plaque, subsciptions to magazines I don't read, etc...

Also, saw this and like the read so I figured I would share in case others haven't seen it yet

Behind the Scenes with Boise

+ Reply to Thread