Thread: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Threaded View

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Athletics Enhancement Endowment

On Friday, January 5 @ 2 PM, my wife and I will be at the Tech Foundation office to sign endowment papers creating the "Athletic Enhancement Endowment". The following is from the Endowment's Addendum and explains how it will work:

1. This endowment is designated for the use and benefit of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Louisiana Tech University. The annual allocation is designated for improvements and enhancements to the athletic program including, but not limited to, equipment and technology purchases, facility upgrades, and improvements to athletic department infrastructure. The types of projects funded will be those that are non-recurring and outside the scope of the annual operating budget. The following procedure is requested for incorporating the advice and input of the Donors into the process of determining the use of the annual allocation each year: Each year, after the annual allocation is determined, the Athletic Director will generate a written, prioritized list (3-5 potential funding needs) and send this list to the Donors at 1611 College Dr. Pineville, LA 71360. The Donors and/or their designees will review the list of potential projects and communicate their suggestions and recommendations to the Athletic Director as to which of the options to pursue. After receiving the input of the Donors, the Athletic Director will make the determination as to how the annual allocation will be used. The Athletic Director will also send a written report to the Donors as to the project funded and the results achieved.

I plan to post the proposed project list on a thread and collect votes annually from BBB members. Also, the Foundation will provide me a periodic update on the balance of the endowment so that it can be publized on BBB.

Anyone wanting to send in a tax deductible contribution can do so - make the check payable to Louisiana Tech Foundation and attach a note that it is for the "Athletic Enhancement Endowment". Mail to: Lousiana Tech University Foundation, P.O. Box 3183, Ruston 71272.

It would be exciting to see some donations come in on or about signing day.
    Last edited by Tech78; 06-07-2009 at 09:17 PM.