+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Athletics Enhancement Endowment

On Friday, January 5 @ 2 PM, my wife and I will be at the Tech Foundation office to sign endowment papers creating the "Athletic Enhancement Endowment". The following is from the Endowment's Addendum and explains how it will work:

1. This endowment is designated for the use and benefit of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Louisiana Tech University. The annual allocation is designated for improvements and enhancements to the athletic program including, but not limited to, equipment and technology purchases, facility upgrades, and improvements to athletic department infrastructure. The types of projects funded will be those that are non-recurring and outside the scope of the annual operating budget. The following procedure is requested for incorporating the advice and input of the Donors into the process of determining the use of the annual allocation each year: Each year, after the annual allocation is determined, the Athletic Director will generate a written, prioritized list (3-5 potential funding needs) and send this list to the Donors at 1611 College Dr. Pineville, LA 71360. The Donors and/or their designees will review the list of potential projects and communicate their suggestions and recommendations to the Athletic Director as to which of the options to pursue. After receiving the input of the Donors, the Athletic Director will make the determination as to how the annual allocation will be used. The Athletic Director will also send a written report to the Donors as to the project funded and the results achieved.

I plan to post the proposed project list on a thread and collect votes annually from BBB members. Also, the Foundation will provide me a periodic update on the balance of the endowment so that it can be publized on BBB.

Anyone wanting to send in a tax deductible contribution can do so - make the check payable to Louisiana Tech Foundation and attach a note that it is for the "Athletic Enhancement Endowment". Mail to: Lousiana Tech University Foundation, P.O. Box 3183, Ruston 71272.

It would be exciting to see some donations come in on or about signing day.
    Last edited by Tech78; 06-07-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Great work. I will definately participate in this venture.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

is this the same as tech 8000?

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Do we have any projections on how much money is needed to make a significant contribution to the athletic department?

I know it is all dependant on multiple factors, but it would be nice to have a goal.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    is this the same as tech 8000?
    No. Tech 8000 is a pledge drive, and when the desired total is reached ($4.5 mil, I think) those who pledged will be asked to make a check to CHAMPS and the funds will go toward a whole list of priority projects.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    On Friday, January 5 @ 2 PM, my wife and I will be at the Tech Foundation office to sign endowment papers creating the "Athletic Enhancement Endowment". The following is from the Endowment's Addendum and explains how it will work:

1. This endowment is designated for the use and benefit of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Louisiana Tech University. The annual allocation is designated for improvements and enhancements to the athletic program including, but not limited to, equipment and technology purchases, facility upgrades, and improvements to athletic department infrastructure. The types of projects funded will be those that are non-recurring and outside the scope of the annual operating budget. The following procedure is requested for incorporating the advice and input of the Donors into the process of determining the use of the annual allocation each year: Each year, after the annual allocation is determined, the Athletic Director will generate a written, prioritized list (3-5 potential funding needs) and send this list to the Donors at 1611 College Dr. Pineville, LA 71360. The Donors and/or their designees will review the list of potential projects and communicate their suggestions and recommendations to the Athletic Director as to which of the options to pursue. After receiving the input of the Donors, the Athletic Director will make the determination as to how the annual allocation will be used. The Athletic Director will also send a written report to the Donors as to the project funded and the results achieved.

I plan to post the proposed project list on a thread and collect votes annually from BBB members. Also, the Foundation will provide me a periodic update on the balance of the endowment so that it can be publized on BBB.

Anyone wanting to send in a tax deductible contribution can do so - make the check payable to Louisiana Tech Foundation and attach a note that it is for the "Athletic Enhancement Endowment". Mail to: Lousiana Tech University Foundation, P.O. Box 3183, Ruston 71272.

It would be exciting to see some donations come in on or about signing day.
    Did they happen to mention any special instructions for people who want to give online?

Also, is there any limit to the amount (like a minimum) that can be given to it at any one time, or to the frequency one can give to it?

Thanks for your work on this.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    No. Tech 8000 is a pledge drive, and when the desired total is reached ($4.5 mil, I think) those who pledged will be asked to make a check to CHAMPS and the funds will go toward a whole list of priority projects.
    When did this happen? I've never heard of this and definately haven't been asked to give.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawgs03 View Post
    When did this happen? I've never heard of this and definately haven't been asked to give.
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...highlight=8000

It's been discussed on here at length.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Did they happen to mention any special instructions for people who want to give online?

Also, is there any limit to the amount (like a minimum) that can be given to it at any one time, or to the frequency one can give to it?

Thanks for your work on this.

The only special instruction, whether by check or online is to indicate that it is for "Athletic Enhancement Endowment". There is no limit on the amount or frequency.

I plan on asking for the principle balance on the endowment quarterly so it can be posted for everyone to see how we are doing.

Thanks for your support of Tech Athletics!!

Here is a link to the article on the endowment signing posted by Jimmy Hand:

http://latechsports.com/article.php?...01_08_16:15:33

I am counting on all you Tech supporters to get on board. My wife and I have stepped up our committment level because we think the time is right.

If you think the time is right; buy season tickets, give to Champs or to this endowment or do all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Here is a link to the article on the endowment signing posted by Jimmy Hand:

http://latechsports.com/article.php?...01_08_16:15:33

I am counting on all you Tech supporters to get on board. My wife and I have stepped up our committment level because we think the time is right.

If you think the time is right; buy season tickets, give to Champs or to this endowment or do all three.
    Just an observation: It didn't seem like the article mentioned that anyone can contribute to the endowment you established. It kind of made it sound like y'all established one, and here is how others can establish endowments as well.

Just an observation: It didn't seem like the article mentioned that anyone can contribute to the endowment you established. It kind of made it sound like y'all established one, and here is how others can establish endowments as well.

I agree with your observation. IMO that is because historically Tech's endowments have been for scholarships and professorships. This is the first general endowment for Tech Athletics; all others are for athletic scholarships to date. However, any endowment can be added to by any donor, but someone has to get it started - that is all we did in this case.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I still don't think that I fully understand this, but I will gladly check my finances after the 15th, and would like to contribute to this and to also the First Pitch program for baseball.

The Foundation Office has set up a link to the online giving form that is already populated with the special designation to the Athletic Enhancement Endowment. Here it is for anyone interested

http://www.latechalumni.org/secure/gifts/index.php?fd=Athletic%20Enhancement%20Endowment

There is an article at latechsports.com about the endowment.
    Last edited by BBBAdmin; 01-10-2007 at 09:12 AM. Reason: fixed link to be on 1 line

As I promised when the Athletics Enhancement Endowment was created in January, I would post a quarterly update. As of 3/31/2007 the balance is $ 20,700. A total of 3 people have contributed.

Thanks to the other two contributors and I encourage others to support Tech when and how they can.
    Last edited by Tech78; 10-05-2007 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Correct the amount

+ Reply to Thread