+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I can guarantee you will sell at least one. Where is your tent?
    Make that 2

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    I like a man who is going to buy without knowing the price. The Cenla Champs tent is located on the north end of tailgate alley, across from the Alumni tent. It is white with the state and T on the top and "Cenla Champs" banners on the side. A sample blanket will be flapping in the breeze (we can hope) so the tent should look like a road-side shop - we may add pictures of Champ, Dooley, etc. on black velvet ....

Prices will be $55 for a double sided and $30 for a single sided. I'll take orders if we sale out and they can easily be shipped or picked up at the next home game.
    Sign me up for a double sided one. I'm just a big weanie and not coming to the game this week because I'll be less than 2 weeks out from knee replacement surgery, but I'd love to buy one! Can I put a check in the mail to you to get mine on hold?

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Tech78,

What kind of interest rate are we getting on the Endowment? Just curious.....

Thanks!

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdrummer View Post
    Tech78,

What kind of interest rate are we getting on the Endowment? Just curious.....

Thanks!

I checked in with Gary Strebeck at the Foundation regarding your question. Tech follows a strategy of paying out a consistent amount yearly regardless of what the investments return. In good years a reserve is built up to cover the years where the returns disappear or decline. Saying this, they try to allocate 4% yearly to the endowment recipients. It is reviewed yearly to see if adjustments need to be made.

Other university endowments that have followed this strategy for years have found the 4% - 4.5% range to be sustainable. This makes sense since it also allows for reinvestment to protect the principle from inflation once a reserve is established.
    Last edited by Tech78; 08-29-2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    2nd Quarter 2007 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 3/31/2007 the balance is $ 20,700. A total of 3 people have contributed.
    As of 6/28/2007 the balance is $ 21,200. A total of 3 people have contributed.

Thanks for the details, 78. I appreciate it.

Doing some rough math............So even if no one ever donated another dollar to the Endowment, we're looking at around $890 to direct as we see fit every year.

That's great and the more donations that come in, the higher that annual allocation dollar amount will be.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. This is truly a great way to support Tech for a long time. Keep those donations coming!!
    Last edited by techdrummer; 10-05-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: correct quoted amounts

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

This is a picture of the double-sided fleece Tech Blanket that is being sold / ordered at the Cenla Champs tent in tailgate alley (across from Alumni tent) for the benefit of the Athletics Enhancment Endowment. Double-sided will be $55 and single-sided is $30.

I will have a few for sale and will take orders. They can be shipped for an additional $6. I have no idea what the response will be, so be patient as I resolve any logistical issues.

Everyone needs a blanket for the 90+ temperature on Saturday!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3rd Quarter 2007 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 9/30/2007 the balance is $ 22,130. A total of 5 people have contributed.

Assuming a 4% annual payout, this would result in an $ 885/year payout in today's dollars.

Tech Athletics thanks you!!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Thanks for the update.

Does anyone know what other endowments there are for athletics (other than scholarships)? I really feel that it would be a good idea to take a percentage of all gifts to the athletic department (or at least undesignated gifts) and put it into our endowment. (Actually, I think a portion of all gifts to the university should go to Tech's endowments.)

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Those blankets are incredible. Bought 3 at the Lady Techsters welcome back supper.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Not trying to tell anyone what to do, but you know, for those who feel they cannot support CHAMPS while Oakes is in charge, giving to this endowment is a way to give to the University, help out the Foundation folks who are working so hard to make things happen, and keep the cash out of Oakes' budget control.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Not trying to tell anyone what to do, but you know, for those who feel they cannot support CHAMPS while Oakes is in charge, giving to this endowment is a way to give to the University, help out the Foundation folks who are working so hard to make things happen, and keep the cash out of Oakes' budget control.

I concur with your assessment. I received my end-of-year gift solicitation today from the university. This is the reminder that you have one more month to make that tax-deductible contribution. Of course, the Athletics Enhancement Endowment was not mentioned so I have to make a plug for it in this post.

Remember that the endowment benefits go on in perpetuity and we will have a say in what the money is spent for annually. This thing can really grow into something substantial over time. Dr. Reneau likes to talk about getting more contributors on board. Well this endowment in less than a year equals signing up 3, $25 a month contributors - and no one has to worry about it not pledging again next year, spend any money and time soliciting, don't have to send thankyou notes, etc.

One last plug - blanket sales are still going. Perfect Christmas gift for the Tech fan or for the current and/or soon-to-be Techster. Blanket sales have already resulted in more than $500 going to the Endowment.

One more last plug - we now have attractive Tech scarfs for only $5 each. What a deal! Hope to be selling at the home MBB and WBB games in December.
    Last edited by Tech78; 11-21-2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling

4th Quarter 2007 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 12/31/2007 the balance is $ 25,870. A total of 6 people have contributed.

Assuming a 4% annual payout, this would result in an $ 1,035/year payout in today's dollars.

Just made a contribution to this fund in conjunction with a donation to the ATAC fund.

As I make such a big deal about Tech's endowments, I just wanted to say that I plan to make a donation to a related endowment every time I make another contribution to Tech. (In fact, I would love to see a standard percentage of ALL gifts given to the university put into endowments automatically, but I'm not sure how they would go about setting that up.)

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Just made a contribution to this fund in conjunction with a donation to the ATAC fund.

As I make such a big deal about Tech's endowments, I just wanted to say that I plan to make a donation to a related endowment every time I make another contribution to Tech. (In fact, I would love to see a standard percentage of ALL gifts given to the university put into endowments automatically, but I'm not sure how they would go about setting that up.)

Great!

1st Quarter 2008 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 12/31/2007 the balance is $ 25,870. A total of 6 people have contributed.
    As of 03/31/2008 the balance is $ 28,981. A total of 7 people have contributed.

Assuming a 4% annual payout, this would result in an $ 1,159/year payout in today's dollars.

+ Reply to Thread