+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Re: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Thanks for the update, I'm hoping to make another contribution soon.

Do you know when the first annual payout will be?

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdrummer View Post
    Thanks for the update, I'm hoping to make another contribution soon.

Do you know when the first annual payout will be?

The first payout will be available to Athletics as of July 1, 2008 for approx. $981.00

The payout is calculated based on the principal on hand June 30, 2007 and this year is 4.5%.

The money in an endowment must be on hand at least 12 months before a payout is made so whatever the balance is at the end of a fiscal year (June 30) will be the basis for the payout for the fiscal year 12 months later (July 1). The percentage payout is variable, but is targeted to be approx. 4% per year.

Good idea to get donations in before June 30 if you want the money to start paying out at the earliest possible date. Tech benefits whenever the money is deposited however. I plan on getting my '08 endowment donation in before June 30th now that I know how the payout is calculated.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Reminder -

Only a couple of weeks left in June. Good idea to get donations in before June 30 if you want the money to start paying out at the earliest possible date. Tech benefits whenever the money is deposited however. I plan on getting my '08 endowment donation in before June 30th now that I know how the payout is calculated.

This year's payout is calculated based on the principal on hand June 30, 2007 and this year is 4.5% for $981.00.

The money in an endowment must be on hand at least 12 months before a payout is made so whatever the balance is at the end of a fiscal year (June 30) will be the basis for the payout for the fiscal year 12 months later (July 1). The percentage payout is variable, but is targeted to be approx. 4% per year.
    Last edited by Tech78; 06-15-2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Add content

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Reminder -

Only a couple of weeks left in June. Good idea to get donations in before June 30 if you want the money to start paying out at the earliest possible date. Tech benefits whenever the money is deposited however. I plan on getting my '08 endowment donation in before June 30th now that I know how the payout is calculated.

This year's payout is calculated based on the principal on hand June 30, 2007 and this year is 4.5% for $981.00.

Do you have a current balance for the endowment?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

981/.045 = 21,800 would be my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Do you have a current balance for the endowment?
    I post an update of the balance right after the end of each quarter. Here are the numbers after 1st quarter of '08:

1st Quarter 2008 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 3/31/2007 the balance is $ 20,700. A total of 3 people have contributed.
    As of 6/28/2007 the balance is $ 21,200. A total of 3 people have contributed.
    As of 9/30/2007 the balance is $ 22,130. A total of 5 people have contributed.

As of 12/31/2007 the balance is $ 25,870. A total of 6 people have contributed.
    As of 03/31/2008 the balance is $ 28,981. A total of 7 people have contributed.

The amount on hand at the end of June '07 is what is being used for this year's payout i.e. $21,200 balance.

I will get the exact balance in a couple of weeks and that amount will be used for next summer's payout (July '09). I know that the current balance is at least $36,981. Hopefully everyone can see that it is steadily growing and that it doesn't take very long for it to start being meaningful. Tech isn't about to go out of business so we have lots of time ...

The endowment is at a point where it is giving the equivalent of $123 / month to Athletics in perpetuity!!!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I post an update of the balance right after the end of each quarter. Here are the numbers after 1st quarter of '08:

1st Quarter 2008 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

The amount on hand at the end of June '07 is what is being used for this year's payout i.e. $21,200 balance.

I will get the exact balance in a couple of weeks and that amount will be used for next summer's payout (July '09). I know that the current balance is at least $36,981. Hopefully everyone can see that it is steadily growing and that it doesn't take very long for it to start being meaningful. Tech isn't about to go out of business so we have lots of time ...

The endowment is at a point where it is giving the equivalent of $123 / month to Athletics in perpetuity!!!
    Excellent news

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Dropping another Endowment check in the mail today!

I post an update of the balance right after the end of each quarter. Here are the numbers after 2nd quarter of '08:

2nd Quarter 2008 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 06/30/2008 the balance is $ 36,875 . A total of 8 people have contributed.

The $21,200 balance on hand at the end of June '07 is what is being used for the '08 payout.

The $36,875 balance on hand at the end of June '08 is what will be used for the '09 payout.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

That's very impressive - I wish I had some to give! Would $50 be too little?

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    That's very impressive - I wish I had some to give! Would $50 be too little?
    No amount is too little and donations count for towards your LTAC membership as do all donations to Athletics. Thanks for the consideration.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I post an update of the balance right after the end of each quarter. Here are the numbers after 2nd quarter of '08:

2nd Quarter 2008 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 06/30/2008 the balance is $ 36,875 . A total of 8 people have contributed.

The $21,200 balance on hand at the end of June '07 is what is being used for the '08 payout.

The $36,875 balance on hand at the end of June '08 is what will be used for the '09 payout.
    Just out of curiosity, when you say "8 people have given," that means 8 distinct individuals, right? Not 8 contributions? (I have given twice, and I know you have given more than once. I hope that doesn't mean there are just 3 people giving to this thing!)

No amount is too little and donations count for towards your LTAC membership as do all donations to Athletics. Thanks for the consideration.
    Just to reiterate, NO amount is too little.

As I have said before, I really wish that Tech invested a portion of all contributions (or at least all undesignated contributions) in endowments. (I know of other not-for-profits that do this, and it gives them guaranteed income for the long run.)

As Tech doesn't do this automatically, I do it myself. Whenever I give to LTAC, I designate at least 10% (and as much as 50%) of my total gift to this endowment and the rest to the LTAC general fund.

Schools that are achieving great things have large endowments. Tech can spend like madmen now, but unless we are also establishing big money in endowments, we will never reach the next level, in athletics or in academics. Even ULL has nearly twice as much money in total endowments!

When will we discuss the best use of the payout this year? Or has that already been decided?

Thanks

: Each year, after the annual allocation is determined, the Athletic Director will generate a written, prioritized list (3-5 potential funding needs) and send this list to the Donors at 1611 College Dr. Pineville, LA 71360. The Donors and/or their designees will review the list of potential projects and communicate their suggestions and recommendations to the Athletic Director as to which of the options to pursue.

I plan to post the proposed project list on a thread and collect votes annually from BBB members.
    Thanks spoiled, but I was referring more to this part of the arrangement. Any info on that?

+ Reply to Thread